My brother, Bobby Steele, missing for 10 months then found dead in an enclosed wall. Police have refused to investigate.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He did not have that chain on, but the jewelry he left with was nice. His body was found so many months after he disappeared that I assumed it would be pointless to check paw shops. Maybe I should try now, just in case.
Just in case. I realize it’s a long shot but it would be fantastic if it leads to helping you. I can’t wrap my mind around this situation. How your brother ended up in a locked building without tripping any alarms and none of his belongings just wracks my brain. I’m so sorry.

I'm so sorry this happened to him, and it's likely you'll never now what happened.

I have a friend whose sister was a prostitute in Houston, and found to be the obvious victim of murder, and no investigation at all took place. There was an open case file, but nothing whatsoever was done, not even going by the strip club where she worked and asking whether they had any idea of someone who would want to kill her.

So very sad.

My brother, Charles Robert ( Bobby) Steele, walked out my front door April 11th, 2023 and that was the last known time he was seen. He called me 2 hours later saying things that made no sense, such as he told me he was going to meet a specific person, when in fact he did not even tell me he was leaving. I argued with him and childishly hung up on him, an action I will forever regret. He never called back, he never came back, and so began my journey to find my little brother.

He had struggled with his mental health, drug addiction, and homelessness so I knew that I couldn't attempt to report him missing right away. I spent the next 2 weeks reaching out to his friends, acquaintances, counselors all with no results because he never contacted anyone again. 3 weeks after he disappeared I attempted to file him missing in Delaware, where I live, where we both grew up, and most importantly where he disappeared from. I was told that due to his past he doesn't fit the criteria of a missing person and Delaware refused to investigate. I was forced to file in Maryland, when forced all possible investigations to have to go through them...and yet 10 months later his body was found 5.2 miles from my house in Delaware. He never left the state, he disappeared from here and ultimately was murdered here...and still no real investigation.

Bobby was found in a building in the business district of Wilmington, Delaware that was eventually planning to be demolished. He had no access to the building as it was locked and secured by an alarm, and yet he somehow ended up dead in a pipe chase that was enclosed, his skeleton ripped in half and split between the 4th and 5th floor. He was missing all belongings,(laptop, cell phone, book bag, wallet, watch, and 2 necklaces), and when his body was found his pants had been removed after he became nothing but a skeleton proven by a scrap of denim left on the bone.

The building was never roped off or locked down by police, the demolition continued even as the body was being removed from the wall, the clothing was released to the funeral home and "accidentally" cremated with the body, and no evidence was even collected for the scene. The Attorney General's Office has confiscated the death investigation and autopsy file from the ME and refuses to give me any details, not even the DNA confirmation report. His body is gone, the building is gone, all evidence is gone, the death investigation is over, the death has been labeled undetermined by the mE but not suspicious by the Wilmington PD...and yet this Deputy AG has threatened to keep my brother's case open and cold forever to ensure I never gain access to the files. Something is not right here.
Firstly, I am so very sorry for your loss and the fact that the law enforcement is turning a blind eye.
I think publicity with this is the way to go. Maybe try to contact your local news stations with everything you have, as you've laid it out here? Another thing you could try is finding some respectful true crime youtubers who could cover your brother's story? From what I've observed, the more people make a noise about things like this, the more the authorities are likely to feel pressured into doing something. Good luck dude, I wish you all the best.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aevans2025
Back