Mysterious death leaves St.L, MO police at odds w deceased/"victim's" family

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The crushing injuries are in his mid section. I have no idea how, or why he was in the position for the bumper to hit him there. Maybe he was slipping or fell.

Again, just thinking 'out loud'. Throwing ideas around ;)

He gets out, looks at the hydrant, turns and realizes the vehicle and backing up toward him, loses footing (panicking, trying to back up or something) and his mid section is what the vehicle catches...

I wonder if he backed into the hydrant, put the vehicle in Neutral (thinking it was in Park), went back to see what he hit, and the vehicle rolled back into him. He may have turned the wheel just enough as he was pulling forward that it caused a different dent?

Just thinking out loud.

This is how I would have guessed it occurred, but from reading the article again, I get the interpretation that LE knows that the hydrant dent on the right rear side happened after the crushing incident.

This is how I would have guessed it occurred, but from reading the article again, I get the interpretation that LE knows that the hydrant dent on the right rear side happened after the crushing incident.

That also makes sense. Like he got in and backed into it (either when he collapsed or before)?

Of importance is the ME statement that the injuries were on the same plane, front and back. This means the injuries occurred "opposite each other" from front to back. This would not be the case if he were beaten.

Plus, you are not going to get a lacerated liver, lacerated spleen, and lacerated kidneys from a beating with a blunt object without there being a whole lot of evidence of very heavy blows on the skin. Which there was not.

I think he got out of the car to look at the back of it. He had to have been facing the car to get pinned the way he did. Then the car rolled backwards into him, mowing him down, but he got pinned against the fireplug.

I feel sorry for the parents, of course. But the kind of denial the mother is in is hard for everyone to deal with. Hopefully some pathologist in Canada will sit down with her and explain the autopsy results in a manner she can understand.

I also think that other young man's death was a freak accident. I remember reading about a woman who died in the family home when she fell down behind a book case. Here's a link to the story:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15895965/#.UtjVnzaA1Q4
Cause of death would be positional asphyxia

From the article above (
http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/06/05...-as-a-homicide)

Snip: "Suffering a broken pelvis as a child after being run over by a van and having to learn to walk again and live with lower back pain, in his online autobiography, Wilson credited a chiropractor for allowing him to play competitive hockey, football and wrestling — while also inspiring his studies."

How ironic is that? So sad.

BBM SBM

His injuries were consistent w. a single impact event, his body being crushed between hydrant (in back) and car, maybe car bumper) in front.

Seems consistent w. traffic accident reconstructionist's theory of events,
-his initially being in driver's seat, putting in neutral,
-for unknown reason (answering nature's call?) exiting car,
-walking alongside it toward rear, getting behind car,
-somehow (losing balance?), essentially sitting down w back to fire hydrant,
-car continuing to roll toward hydrant, w car (bumper?) hitting him in chest.
That explains injuries to him.
One photo (split screen effect) shows damage to back side of car and how it lines up w hydrant's contour. Ok.

But what about other damage to car?
One photo shows back of car w damage from hydrant impact (behind right/passenger side) plus oval-ish damage to hatch-door (behind driver/left side).

So if he was sitting w his back to hydrant and crushed by car rolling into him, how did car get oval-ish damage to hatch-door under taillight, which LE attributed to rolling into him? That suggests to me the car rolled into the hydrant for one impact, then rolled into him in a second impact.

Since I may be misunderstanding or misreading, I wish we could see the LE reports, more pix, autopsy rpt, accident reconstrution, etc.
I may be all wrong about this.

This is so sad.

As for the two different impacts, someone in the comments suggested that perhaps he backed into the hydrant, got out to check the damage but put the vehicle into neutral instead of park, and the vehicle rolled back onto him then. This scenerio makes the most sense to me.

from Always Shocked's link to 2006 FL story http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15895965/#.UtjVnzaA1Q4
Late one night Weber's sister went into her bedroom and looked behind a bookcase, where she saw the woman's foot. Using a flashlight the family saw Weber was wedged upside-down behind the unit.
"I'm sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her," [mom] ...
Both Weber and her sister had previously adjusted the television plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

Wow, I can hardly imagine this. :seeya:

Well if that isn't similar to the KJ case...

What I'm puzzled about is, how did he get out? He was hit by the vehicle with his back against the fire hydrant - and then? Did he push the car away with his hands, or how? This mystifies me more than the second dent. Maybe there was a slight slope and the car rolled back a second time when he got back into it. That would also explain why it rolled onto him the first time.

What I'm puzzled about is, how did he get out? He was hit by the vehicle with his back against the fire hydrant - and then? Did he push the car away with his hands, or how? This mystifies me more than the second dent. Maybe there was a slight slope and the car rolled back a second time when he got back into it. That would also explain why it rolled onto him the first time.

I think he could have pushed the car to free himself. There may have been a few minutes before his body became debilitated by his injuries and the alcohol may have providing some numbing effect.

Their theory of how this happened was tested with the same vehicle as noted in the article.

Can anyone think of any other scenerios? I am open to discuss them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back