Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it would have a bearing. I moved from a small town a few years ago, and the local politics were such that the Sheriff arrested the mayor for drunk driving. The sheriff was fired. He then tried to set the court house on fire. Despite all that, it was next decided that the former sheriff who still had custody of the only K9 on duty could keep him, a dog at the time worth $1500 or so it was said. The sheriff served no jail time for trying to set the court house ablaze. Obviously there were opposing factions at play. The mayor was a known drunk.

Eh...

I've read so many opinions on culture, socioeconomic grouping, shaving habits on long trips, etc. when it comes to the shaved legs thing. At this point I don't think we can assume anything regarding Jane Doe's legs.

http://www.finertimes.com/asp/articles/accutron.asp

This article is about the history of Bulova Accutron yellow gold watches. I think there could have been an error on the serial number.
Instead of H918801 I think that it could be M918801 which would have been distributed in 1969.

elliottness, I think you're right.
Let's say, Jock received a new Bulova for high school graduation in 1969.
That would made his age about 24-25 or 26 years at the oldest, when murdered.

elliottness, I think you're right.
Let's say, Jock received a new Bulova for high school graduation in 1969.
That would made his age about 24-25 or 26 years at the oldest, when murdered.
According my research, Bulova has offices in the USA, Canada, Mexico and Switzerland. I'm not sure if those are the only places where the watches are distributed, but I still believe "Jock" was Canadian. This could be a huge clue. If he graduated from high school in 1969, maybe we could track him down by his high school. Someone from the class of 1969 at a high school in Canada must have went to school with Jock. Perhaps they could shed some light on him.

AMP, You are correct.
IF I remember correctly, it was reported both Jane and Jock looked to have just had a manicure and pedicure.
--------------------------------------------------------

In 1976, not a lot of men would have had a manicure and a pedicure.
You would have had to be from the city, if you did that. lol.

And as I recall, if as a woman, you did not shave your legs, then you would probably not have a manicure and a pedicure.
You might have taken good care of your nails, but if you went to the trouble of a manicure and pedicure, then you would have shaved your legs also. IMO.

Do you know which DNA lab is doing their testing?

--------------------------------------------------------

In 1976, not a lot of men would have had a manicure and a pedicure.
You would have had to be from the city, if you did that. lol.

And as I recall, if as a woman, you did not shave your legs, then you would probably not have a manicure and a pedicure.

You might have taken good care of your nails, but if you went to the trouble of a manicure and pedicure, then you would have shaved your legs also. IMO.

Do you know which DNA lab is doing their testing?

dreamweaver, Are your statements referring to young people ALL over the world in the '70's or just S.C.?
quote: In 1976, not a lot of men would have had a manicure and a pedicure. I agree! Excluding the rich, the famous and professional men.

quote: You would have had to be from the city, if you did that. lol.
I disagree with this!
I knew hair-dressers that got both done in the '70's that was not from the Big Cities.

quote: And as I recall, if as a woman, you did not shave your legs, then you would probably not have a manicure and a pedicure.
I disagree with this statement.

We lived in Europe in the '70's and many did not shave their legs, but kept their nails looking nice for sandals and open toe shoes.

dreamweaver, Are your statements referring to young people ALL over the world in the '70's or just S.C.?
quote: In 1976, not a lot of men would have had a manicure and a pedicure. I agree!

quote: You would have had to be from the city, if you did that. lol.
I disagree with this!
I knew hair-dressers that got both done in the '70's that was not from the Big Cities.

quote: And as I recall, if as a woman, you did not shave your legs, then you would probably not have a manicure and a pedicure.
I disagree with this statement.

We lived in Europe in the '70's and many did not shave their legs, but kept their nails looking nice for sandals and open toe shoes.
============================
mysterylover:
I was going for a connection about U S small towns in the 1970's.
I grew up in a small town in Oregon.
Of course, not anywhere near SC.

Men: I did not know any men in 1976 who got a pedicure. Maybe one who got a manicure and it might have been thought a little 'much.'
Hairdressers: The only male hairdresser that I knew personally, was the guy I went out with on senior all night party. He had a Harley motorcycle and got married right out of high school.

Women: I was going from my own personal experience in a very small mill town, yet it still had a college and a Shakesperean festival.
If we decided to go all out and do fingers and toes, we shaved our legs as well.
But, I think it was probably up to the individual. Kind of the way it was way back when. lol.

Considering none of us really know where the mystery couple originated ...
it's all a guess.

I would think the DNA lab would have completed everything by now.
Is there someone on this thread who contacts LE in SC?

Franklin Delano Floyd (see Sharon Marshall) had a sister who lives/lived in Sumter Co. 1976 - close to the time of Sharon's abduction.

Just an observation...

??????

Franklin Delano Floyd (see Sharon Marshall) had a sister who lives/lived in Sumter Co. 1976 - close to the time of Sharon's abduction.

Just an observation...
??????

StaceyK, Good observation, anything is a possibility in the S.C. case. The murders of this couple is definitely a very strange case.

That is a big coincidence, Franklin D. Floyd had a sister who lived in Sumter Co. in 1976.

What are the ODDS that neither Jane or Jocks family or friends ever tried to contact or search for them? Could the killer have covered his tracks by calling the families and telling them a "story' as to how the couple drown at sea and was never found. Coast is clear, no questions or search?

Are you thinking a child could have been with our Jane and Jock Doe and stolen in 1976 ?
Quote:
Her name wasn't really Sharon Marshall - she didn't know what her real name was. Nor did she know who her parents were or even what day, month, year or in which city or state she was born. It is thought that Sharon was born sometime in the late 1960's although no one knows for sure because Sharon had been kidnapped when she was just a toddler, probably sometime between 1973-1975.

Franklin Delano Floyd, a psychopath, sexual predator and convicted felon, abducted and raised Sharon as his own daughter while posing as her ailing father, all the while sexually abusing her from a very young age. Floyd would later claim that he had "rescued" Sharon when she was unwanted and abandoned by her biological parents.

The first known public record of Sharon exists in 1975 in an Oklahoma City school where she was registered under the alias "Suzanne Davis"....end of quote

Did anyone notice the dates of suspected kidnapping 1973-1975? Since they were guessing, maybe it was actually 1976?
Then the article goes on to say in 1975 Sharon was in public school in Okla. City. It seems to me, the dates are wrong somewhere in this report. Why would a toddler be in a public school? I consider a toddler from 1-3 yrs, still wearing a diaper..not a 5-6 yr. old child...If she was anywhere from 4-6 yrs. old she should have remembered her parents and a little about her life.
If Sharon's identity was never found, then what happened to this childs parents? Another strange case, imo.

I think Sharon was first found with Floyd in 1973/1974.

However, let's speculate -

1. FDF got Sharon from the couple somehow?
2. FDF is related somehow to the couple?
3. The couple was involved in some sort of baby for sale deal?

Check out this comparison...

Attachments

• Sumter 1.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 86

StaceyK, Wow! Who is that man and what's his story?
He does look older, but the eye brows, lips and chin look exactly like our Jock's.

This guy is suspected to have kidnapped and raised a young girl until her death - her proposed name is Sharon Marshall - but no one knows for sure what her true identity is. She was probably kidnapped or taken in her early life - she has never been identified.

See the book "A Beautiful Child" by Matt B - I can't remember his full last name - but this book changed my life. I will post the authur's name when I find it.

Look up the Sharon Marshall thread on this site for more info.

My post just relates a strange coincideance: FDF's sister lives in the same county that Jane & Jock Doe were found murdered in - and there is a physical resemblance between Jock & FDF. The time period is close as well - Sharon was first reported with FDF in 1973/1974.

I don't see any notable resemblance between "Jock" Doe and Franklin Delano Floyd, except they both have brown hair and a strong chin line. Which would make my dad, his brothers, my uncle's cousins and many of their friends suspects too!
And I'm sure they're related to someone living in that county too. Wow!

As far as I know, who killed this young couple is not too hard to figure out, why is a different matter. I would just like to know who exactly they were.

I'm all for "thinking outside of the box", but I'm not buying this.

What would be the point anyway? So, moron buys child from this couple, does it bring us any closer to finding out who they are?

They had no child, I believe the coroner would have found that out.

Also: "The time period is close", no, it is not. There are at least two years between these incidents. Just because it all happened in the 70s does not make the time period close.

StaceyK, Look at this missing childs picture on Help find the Missing. In my opinion she looks like the child that was found with Floyd in 1974..

Jennifer Klein ("Jenny")

MISSING SINCE: 5/25/1974
DOB: 5/14/1971
HEIGHT: 3' 2" (at time of disappearance)
WEIGHT: 35 lbs (at time of disappearance)
HAIR: Brown
EYES: Blue
RACE: White

CONTACT: Detective Curt Brewer with Grand County (Utah) Sheriff's Office (435) 259-8115

MISSING ENDANGERED: Jennifer Klein ("Jenny") was last seen with her family when they were camped at a campground approximately ten miles north of Moab, Utah. The campground was in the trees and there was a path through the woods that led to the river. There were several people (adults and children) who were out by the river. The campground was full because it was the Memorial Day weekend. Jennifer's father, Howard had gone back to the camper for something and Jenny was playing in the sand. There was a dogfight and everyone turned their attention to the dogs. When Jennifer's mother and brother (five years old at time of disappearance) turned back around Jennifer was gone.

Some of the people in the campground appeared to be transients and they were never questioned. One of the questionable vehicles was an old car parked between the Klein camper and the river. The family doesn't remember anyone at the campground being interviewed. Mr. and Mrs. Klein think that the area was used for both overnight camping and day use.

Jennifer had just turned three and weighed approximately 35 pounds. She was about 3'2" tall. She had a distinctive cowlick on the right side of her forehead and a birthmark on her stomach---possibly on the left side.

Can you give me a better link? I am finding too many matches for Jennifer Klein matches on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension