Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how much evidence still exist in the case of James and Pam.

Some questions I have:
Is it still possible to extract DNA from their clothes?

And the matches from the trucks top, that James had, was it dusted for fingerprints, or DNA?.

It could be that it wasn't from James or Pam at all, but from the killer and James put it in his pocket

Most likely both of them didn't smoke, but it was in his pocket (if I am not mistaken)
So I think he used it very often for making a bonfire, or something?

Wonder how many matches there were left? (was it ever used?)

Grant's Truck Stops --- pictures of the matchbox :
Matchbook Grant's Truck Stops. Idaho,Nebraska,Arizona. WEAR. FULL. K9 | eBay

Didn't lonnie had a brother or family, who was in the military?
The war in Vietnam ended in 1975,I if I am not mistaken.. I don't know, how bad it was, when you returned to the States, as a vet (flowerpower time)
Was it easy to find a job?
Did you get payed, a few years after or got a compensation?
Was it possible to stay in the military?

Or maybe lonnie got involved in smuggling drugs, alcohol, guns, or so to make extra money...

All speculation and Imo.ofcourse..

IIRC, according to the obituary posted a couple pages back stated that Lonnie's brother worked as a butcher for Winn Dixie Supermarket. He retired from there after 30 years. Sounds like he did ok, but may have done things to supplement his income.

IIRC, according to the obituary posted a couple pages back stated that Lonnie's brother worked as a butcher for Winn Dixie Supermarket. He retired from there after 30 years. Sounds like he did ok, but may have done things to supplement his income.
Hi, yes I know, but Lonnie had more siblings and extended familie (through marriage)
He and his wife had 2 children, one stillborn (from my memory)
And their other son died drowned at a fishing trip, I think that's why he turned to alcohol.
One of his brother served 2 years in the military, but he passed away before Pam and James were murdered.
It seems that Lonnie's family stayed in their birth area.
Lonnie was a truck driver...he did caused a deadly accident, if I am not mistaken, it must be posted upthread

Lonnie George Henry Sr. (1918-1982) - Find a Grave...

ETA I think he kept the matches in pocket to be used or someone gave it to him, that day.
When they were found, it is stated that they were clean and well cared for.
Clean fingernails etc.

Last edited:
Is the former market mgr brother the same as the brother who gave the gun as a Christmas gift? I’ve seen more bizarre but he doesn’t seem like one to dabble in stolen guns. That whole gun situation still irks me with this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back