Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was that he had never actually been uploaded to NAMUS. Both reported missing in 1975. but only she was uploaded to NAMIS (in 2019?) I think. Alas, one of our site-members broguht her forward back then, but no photo on NAMUS with a wee photo mic up.

Ah, ok. I wasn’t aware of that part. I had just heard not reported. We chase so many links and info here that it’s easy to loser track.

I think it was that he had never actually been uploaded to NAMUS. Both reported missing in 1975. but only she was uploaded to NAMIS (in 2019?) I think. Alas, one of our site-members broguht her forward back then, but no photo on NAMUS with a wee photo mic up.

Ah, ok. I wasn’t aware of that part. I had just heard not reported. We chase so many links and info here that it’s easy to loser track.
Type in Old St. John's Church Rd, Sumter, SC

There are photos from 1983 and 1966 that you can view side-by-side.

I could only get a map, I tried aerial and topic.

I think it was that he had never actually been uploaded to NAMUS. Both reported missing in 1975. but only she was uploaded to NAMIS (in 2019?) I think. Alas, one of our site-members brought her forward back then, but no photo on NAMUS with a wee photo mic up.

NAMUS 1976 Colorado female uploaded in 2019, or so. He must have been reported missing before an application could be made to have him declared dead. It's a process.

I wonder what the evidence was besides him being absent?

He had a child out of wedlock and paid legal child-support debt in October 1974.

The 1985 Orphan's Court Division application was to essentially have a father named James P Freund declared dead. It was made 9 years after he was murdered. I haven't found any information stating that the declaration of death was granted.

upload_2021-1-27_23-53-26.png

upload_2021-1-27_23-54-1.png

Here somewhere. I don't think we can conclude anything about which direction they were traveling based on where they were found.

Where did the comment about " getting out of the back of a van" come from ?

upload_2021-1-28_0-2-46.png

Here somewhere. I don't think we can conclude anything about which direction they were traveling based on where they were found.

Where did the comment about " getting out of the back of a van" come from ?

View attachment 281536

Paragraph one of that full page article I just re-linked a couple posts ago; interview with Verna Moore - Assistant Coroner on this case.

Someone else has since linked in the article of them taking tire track impressions from the scene too. I suspect there may also have been evidence/footprints there to indicate they exited at rear of van.

Presumably in 1985, when there was no challenge to a death declaration 9 years after no bank, tax, or physical existence, the application for death was granted. I don't think the family thought that he might be half of a murdered couple, so they probably didn't consider the SC couple relevant.

Paragraph one of that full page article I just re-linked a couple posts ago; interview with Verna Moore - Assistant Coroner on this case.

Someone else has since linked in the article of them taking tire track impressions from the scene too. I suspect there may also have been evidence/footprints there to indicate they exited at rear of van.

Do you have the link handy by chance?

My guess is that "van" came from wheel base and "stepping out of the back of the van" came from footprints. I can't think of any other way to come to those conclusions.

It sounds like there was evidence at the scene.

The man with the gun, Lonnie Henry, and his brother, did either of them temporarily have a van? Why did police detain the brother of the gun owner. Where did he live?

it seems like to me the original investigators didnt really care about this case. Unless there is a whole lot of stuff that is not public knowledge. They HAD the murder weapon! Guy passes a polygraph...get an alibi from the wife..and thats it. Even though the polygraph shows he's being deceptive about how he came into possession of it. Seems like vera moore and the local papers were hyping it up over the years...but cops just half-assed it. I could be totally off base and ill informed. Just my perspective sitting on my couch

Do you have the link handy by chance?

My guess is that "van" came from wheel base and "stepping out of the back of the van" came from footprints. I can't think of any other way to come to those conclusions.

It sounds like there was evidence at the scene.

The man with the gun, Lonnie Henry, and his brother, did either of them temporarily have a van? Why did police detain the brother of the gun owner. Where did he live?

Para 1 of this article linked in this post is about the van.
Identified! - Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #9

Post, by you!!, about taking tire impressions (with photos) has the link about that here:
Identified! - Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #9

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the KOA connection. The name Jacques is a variant of James, isn't it? And since he apparently willfully disappeared, it seems reasonable he was concealing his identity, using an alias.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the KOA connection. The name Jacques is a variant of James, isn't it? And since he apparently willfully disappeared, it seems reasonable he was concealing his identity, using an alias.

Perhaps it was "Jock" as in athlete for a nickname. We now know that James was athletic and playing football and baseball, with some scarring possibly caused by sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker