Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James Freund #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly question whether or not Pam and James' relationship was to a romantic extent- maybe they were just driving together or something. I honestly don't know, I was never great with figuring out love LOL. I feel like Pam and James were maybe in SC headed north for James's purpose, who knows. I feel so bad for his daughter, maybe that was why he was in SC- to try and mature slightly, take responsibility.
IMO

This is a link back to an old post from awhile back, that mentions some information about this case, some of which I hadn't heard, and is good as a refresher of sorts.

<a href="Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3">Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3</a>

In this account, the guy at the KOA says that Pamela had a suitcase with her on both visits but still can’t say how they were traveling. Also, this is the first time that I’ve heard about this wad of cash that the man had.

In this account, the guy at the KOA says that Pamela had a suitcase with her on both visits but still can’t say how they were traveling. Also, this is the first time that I’ve heard about this wad of cash that the man had.

It's a post, but there's no link to a source in that post that cites where that information is coming from. I'm trying to find one, but am not having much success. And, I haven't seen reference to those things before either (not sourced).

It's a post, but there's no link to a source in that post that cites where that information is coming from. I'm trying to find one, but am not having much success. And, I haven't seen reference to those things before either (not sourced).

It got my attention because it quotes the coroner, Ms Moore, but you are correct and I’m not putting faith in that account.

Yes, first I've heard of the wad of cash as well. And of course we can't be sure of the KOA version, but kind of interesting nonetheless.

True, although the post does claim Moore (Verna I assume) had said the truck driver was a 'shady' character, so don't know if that is confirmed anywhere. If nothing else, it gives a good idea of distances between various locales of interest.

I love seeing all the pics. Pamela was so beautiful. So great to see them both in life!

IMO whether Lonnie Henry killed them or not, he knew exactly what happened. I put 0% stock into the polygraph thing, but he was NOT acting right and the filing down serial numbers is very suspicious. At the very least IMO he lent the gun to someone who killed them, and he either knew right away or put two and two together when LE pulled him over and didn't want to "snitch" on whoever it was that borrowed the gun.

I'm not 100% sure whoever killed them knew them. I know their IDs were gone, obviously, but the killer might've just taken their wallets to steal their money and trashed their IDs because they were useless to him. Or they could've been hitchhiking and not have needed their IDs, or, if they were carjacked, their IDs were left in the stolen car.

I honestly question whether or not Pam and James' relationship was to a romantic extent- maybe they were just driving together or something. I honestly don't know, I was never great with figuring out love LOL. I feel like Pam and James were maybe in SC headed north for James's purpose, who knows. I feel so bad for his daughter, maybe that was why he was in SC- to try and mature slightly, take responsibility.
IMO

Wonder if they could've went down to Florida to see racecar events or somewhere else south of South Carolina and then they planned on making their way up to Pennsylvania so Pamela could meet his daughter and/or he could try getting back in touch with her? Just throwing some stuff out there.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I could relate to James's daughter. My mom died in 2000 in a car accident when I was only 8. This drew me a lot closer to my living parent (father), which made me sad and angry a bit to think about her. I feel like James's family and children might've absolutely hated him, which could've made him leave. (Every child reacts differently, but maybe this might've been the case with James, IDK)
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member