Identified! Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - Pamela Buckley & James P Freund #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
15 minutes still but i'm already lurking on the sheriff's fb page. i've been so antsy and eager all morning i'm going to have to re-watch the recordings of my morning lectures, i know i wasn't concentrating in class all that well.

The legacy of Sumter Jane and John Doe will never be forgotten. Because of them, many people have devoted endless hours to matching DNA to remains in NamUs, and have donated lots of money to help restore the names to other Does out there. They have inspired so much good. Grateful that their names have been restored and their family can be granted some measure of peace and closure.

Just posted it!!
Sumter County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. today to release new information about 1976 John and Jane Doe Cold Case. We will be live streaming the press conference here on our Facebook page.

Refresh my memory on GLH's polygraph. I think it showed that he passed on the question about whether he killed the couple but was deceptive on questions relating to the gun, it that right?

Based on what I’ve read on the first two threads, that’s right.?

Of course, polygraphs aren’t worth much, but this ties in with the fact that he had an alibi. Alibis aren’t worth much, either, but this one seems to have been relatively solid. He was with his wife in a North Carolina hospital

The legacy of Sumter Jane and John Doe will never be forgotten. Because of them, many people have devoted endless hours to matching DNA to remains in NamUs, and have donated lots of money to help restore the names to other Does out there. They have inspired so much good. Grateful that their names have been restored and their family can be granted some measure of peace and closure.

Yes, I went back last night and checked the first Websleuths thread on this case. It dates to 2004. Most of the same topics as recent years. Same dedication. Much hope of quick resolution once the bodies were exhumed for DNA in 2007. I was participating on an Unsolved Mysteries forum at the time. We were doing the same thing.

Now minutes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member