N.Y Parents Face Fine For Daughter's Chalk Drawings

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This song? I love that song...

Yup, KatK!

Me too, and it's how I feel. Good grief. The threat of a fine for sidewalk chalk drawings because of crabby get-a-life-please neighbors. What's next?

Eve

This is why the world is so screwed up - anti social morons that can't get along with anyone. I bet the neighbor didn't even try to go over and talk to them first about it to share thier point of view. Instead, they took the cowards way out, followed the overly bureacratic channels we all love to hate, and now things are completely blown out of proportion. We had an issue with our neighbor shortly after moving in (won't bore you with details)...needless to say, he was knocking on his window at me one day and I proceeded to knock on his door and ask what the problem was and was polite as possible so a somewhat productive conversation could unfold. After that, he was always polite and even started saying hello as we passed. I think sometimes people are just so lazy or afraid of people contact that they resort to extreme actions that don't match the situation. Ok, I'm done now!

Unfortunately, this world is salt and peppered with people who are:

A) Looking for any and all reasons to be offended
B) Are self-appointed behavior police
C) See answers A & B

There is a definite difference between graffiti and a little 6-year-old girl out drawing an innocent picture with sidewalk chalk. Sheesh! God forbid anyone draw a hopscotch game on the sidewalks nowadays, eh?

Unfortunately, this world is salt and peppered with people who are:

A) Looking for any and all reasons to be offended
B) Are self-appointed behavior police
C) See answers A & B

There is a definite difference between graffiti and a little 6-year-old girl out drawing an innocent picture with sidewalk chalk. Sheesh! God forbid anyone draw a hopscotch game on the sidewalks nowadays, eh?

So true!!

Growing up, my sisters and I lived on a corner with sidewalk on two sides of the house. We'd spend hours drawing pictures on the sidewalks, and nobody ever said anything about rinsing them off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back