Naked Couple Falls 50 Feet From Rooftop to Their Deaths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
.......Recognizing the absurdity of death only reinforces the fragility, and therefore the preciousness, of life.

(Confidential to SCM: given the recent camping tragedy in Utah, I've been dying to post "Stephen Colbert was right!" But I didn't think flippancy would be appreciated, under the circumstances.)

OMG, Nova - you and I are sure to burn in the same fiery pit, because that exact thought crossed my mind and I had to mentally stop myself from posting it on that thread! I'm a bit of a bear attack junkie, anway, so I minded my p's and q's.

I agree too, if you hadn't already figured this out, with your observation about death and life.

I wonder if the couple in this terrible tragedy were thrill-seeking a bit. I obviously don't know the layout of the building, but it must have had some sort of guardrail - were they on it?

Please, no one, take my observation as an indication that I think they deserve this in any way. No thrill in the world is worth that!

Darwin Award candidates. Didn't their mamas tell them never to #*^ on the rooftop?

OMG, Nova - you and I are sure to burn in the same fiery pit...

And happily so, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm doing research on comedy for my job and I just ran across this quote from George Bernard Shaw:

Life does not cease to be funny when people die; any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh.

I don't know if G.B. was thinking of naked lovers plummeting to their deaths or not.

Darwin Award candidates. Didn't their mamas tell them never to #*^ on the rooftop?

Oh, you know how parents are! Most of us had to learn that stuff on the streets.

On a more serious note, I do often wonder how families react to bizarre or naughty deaths. Of course - they grieve and the loss is unimaginable, but what's it like to explain the "why" of some of these cases to well-intentioned questioners.

OMG, that just reminded me of "canned Dan" from many years ago. It even made "The Enquirer" at the time! His wife off'd him and canned him for dog feed. :eek:

OMG, that just reminded me of "canned Dan" from many years ago. It even made "The Enquirer" at the time! His wife off'd him and canned him for dog feed. :eek:

Wow - I don't remember that one! There's some longtime resentment going on when you feed your husband to the dogs....

I had an uncle who was killed by being run over by a City of Baltimore garbage truck. He was in his 80's at the time, but still, it came as a great shock to his family members, as he was much beloved. Sadder still, we had to have a closed casket because (we were told) when people started yelling at the driver (who was backing up and the backup beeper was broken) the driver then pulled forward and ran over him again.

Over the years, so many people laughed when I told them this story that I just quit telling anyone about it.

Ironically enough, about 5 years later his younger brother (almost 80 at the time) went outdoors in a driving rain storm, put a ladder up against his house and climbed it in order to unclog his gutter/downspout. He slipped and fell off the ladder, hit his head on concrete below, had a severe brain injury and lay in a coma for three days until the decision was made to pull the plug.

At that point we knew to just say "He died in a fall" without going into the details.

It is hard on the family. They know that people don't laugh to be mean, but, yes, it hurts when it is your loved one.

I think it's possible that there could be a totally different explanation, other then they fell to their demise while having sex. I think its more probable that this was a suicide pact. They very well could've stripped themselves ( I have heard of that before in a suicide) and jumped off the bridge. Think about it, even if you are up having sex on the roof of a 90 foot building, I don't care how good it is---you don't get carried away to the point of falling off. I mean--i enjoy it as much as anyone, but if faced with possibility of certain death by falling, you'd better believe that I will still be aware enough of my location and the edge location.

I'm betting this was a suicide.

I agree that is does seem kind of hard to believe they were banging each other since there is a ledge. Unless they were actually sitting on the ledge while having sex then they could've lost thier balance. It's possible though.

If they were having sex, imagine what they were thinking on their way down???

"DAMN!! Even the best sex in the world isn't worth DYING for!!!"

LOL!

OK , since we are talking about unusual deaths and making jokes about it not meaning to be heartless, I gotta tell this one. It is a horribly tragic story but the way the damn person reporting it worded the headline just set this up for jokes. It happened in 2004.

I was on a website and checked out the breaking news section.

Here is the headline--- Body of missing Sara Lee Exec found frozen.

I'm probably going straight to hell for it, but I burst out laughing. And on the forum there were all kinds of jokes.

The story was, the retired exec was trying to sell his car or something and was kidnapped by thieves and was hidden in a storage locker and froze. It's incredibly horrible and we really felt sorry for him and his family but why ,oh why did the headline have to read that way?

I think it's possible that there could be a totally different explanation, other then they fell to their demise while having sex. I think its more probable that this was a suicide pact. They very well could've stripped themselves ( I have heard of that before in a suicide) and jumped off the bridge. Think about it, even if you are up having sex on the roof of a 90 foot building, I don't care how good it is---you don't get carried away to the point of falling off. I mean--i enjoy it as much as anyone, but if faced with possibility of certain death by falling, you'd better believe that I will still be aware enough of my location and the edge location.

I'm betting this was a suicide.

Do you recall any details of the "nude suicide" you heard about? I find the idea very strange, particularly that a woman would want to leave her nude corpse for somebody to find.

OMG, Nova - you and I are sure to burn in the same fiery pit, because that exact thought crossed my mind and I had to mentally stop myself from posting it on that thread! I'm a bit of a bear attack junkie, anway, so I minded my p's and q's.

I agree too, if you hadn't already figured this out, with your observation about death and life.

I wonder if the couple in this terrible tragedy were thrill-seeking a bit. I obviously don't know the layout of the building, but it must have had some sort of guardrail - were they on it?

Please, no one, take my observation as an indication that I think they deserve this in any way. No thrill in the world is worth that!

Hello, friend, :blowkiss: I agree with you and Nova 100%! It's tragic but we must find the black humor in things at times. Like you said, it may be the way to go, although in this case, it was a bit over the top (ouch:D ).

Eve

OK , since we are talking about unusual deaths and making jokes about it not meaning to be heartless, I gotta tell this one. It is a horribly tragic story but the way the damn person reporting it worded the headline just set this up for jokes. It happened in 2004.

I was on a website and checked out the breaking news section.

Here is the headline--- Body of missing Sara Lee Exec found frozen.

I'm probably going straight to hell for it, but I burst out laughing. And on the forum there were all kinds of jokes.

The story was, the retired exec was trying to sell his car or something and was kidnapped by thieves and was hidden in a storage locker and froze. It's incredibly horrible and we really felt sorry for him and his family but why ,oh why did the headline have to read that way?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/09/24/national/main645408.shtml

Do you recall any details of the "nude suicide" you heard about? I find the idea very strange, particularly that a woman would want to leave her nude corpse for somebody to find.

I remember someone posting on a thread in cold cases that people sometimes take off everything before committing suicide to avoid being ID'd. Don't think that applies here, though, just thought it was interesting. I wish I could remember who posted it. Somebody I thought wasn't full of it, I know.

Aw JBean, that's the first picture I've seen of him. I feel so bad for him and his family. What a horrible way he died.

I hope you don't think I'm heartless for laughing like I did. On the website I was on back then, the headline was just as I worded it. I hadn't even heard of him missing and when I saw the headline I thought, God, this has to be a joke or something.
Oh no I appreciate your sense of humor.
We really get a kick out of poorly worded articles in my house.
We have a headline from the sports page hanging in the kitchen about a pitcher with the last name Colon.
It says:
Colon Takes a Pounding

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue