Names of Jurors just Released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have a blind spot somewhere in my logic, or I'm not expressing myself right- either way, sure possible. Will read back through all this and see what I might be missing.

What I most need to be clear about is this: I am not sympathetic to this particular jury for reasons I have expressed in this thread and elsewhere on WS, my comments are about the larger issue of access to jurors' names and are not aimed at this jury, I do not believe any of the P-12 are in any kind of danger, and yes of course I'd like to hear from each member of this jury as to the what's and why's.

Now, onto my reviewing.

Code:
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/217267/19/Casey-Anthony-attorney-Jose-Baez-speaks-exclusively-to-10-News

"They made their decision," he said, speaking in front of his office in Kissimmee. "Let it go already."

Baez was on his way to Harvard Law School on Tuesday night to speak with students. Before he left, he was asked if he read reports online about his client. He joked, "The only thing I pay attention to online is news about the Seminoles and the Yankees."

And, as far as the safety of the jurors, he said, "I wish I could buy all of them pit bulls.

I'm no expert in linguistics, but his comment "let it go already" seems to indicate some frustration and desire to move past this case. JMO

Don't get me started on Harvard!!!

Talk about shut the gate after the horse has bolted. They wouldn't need pit bulls if he hadn't led them up the garden path in the first place

I dont think many of these jurors are going to speak out.
I have read where some of them had to move and i dont think they are eager to tell their new neighbors they were on the Anthony Jury then they will have to move again lol

I do not feel sorry for any of these ppl if they had just taken the time to discuss this among
themselves and gone over the evidence and the transcripts they would have come to a different conclusion.

I also think they had this decision made before they even hit the deliberation room.
I think they discussed this among themselves at dinners and free time. Remember them asking JP to read back something obviously they had spoken to each other that should have sent offfffff alarms right there..

You may discuss this topic here; however, you may NOT sleuth the jurors and post your findings on this website. Please keep the topic of discussion limited to the makeup of the jury, gender, occupation, etc., and how that may have affected the outcome of the trial.

Any sleuthing of the juror's personal lives, addresses or public records will not be tolerated.

Thank you in advance for posting responsibly.

Thank you for this post SSM. I have no need to know anymore about them other than the fact that they let Caylee down. I didn't even read the names, nor will I. I just don't care.

Not LG but while I agree the deliberations were private, the jury also sat in front of the people of the village during the trial, sometimes in a pub where alcohol was being served and the public's reactions to testimony could be very loud and certainly well known by the jury. The village also knew who those jurors were, and where they went when the trial was over. After the trial those jurors could stay home and not answer the door, or they could go back to the pub and say why they made the decisions they made. This jury has it relatively easy when you think about it...

I don't see anyone advocating a forced reply by any of the jury members. Guess I'll clarify that if I saw that, I'd be one of the first ones to insist on that juror's right to not be harassed. Actually, I think the only person they might need to worry about is JB trying to hug them & steal their camera time should they decide to talk to the media, but they certainly have a right to remain silent if they choose.

Holy, moley....is that why they're all hiding. Makes much more sense. And he wants to give them pit bulls. Right, a real nice, nonviolent way to say "no comment". That speaks volumes. jmo

Because this is high profile the media is after the names. Normally this would not happen and the names released would be just public record you would have to look them up yourself.

If it were proven that a jury was somehow tampered with and it involved fraud a defendant could be retried, I believe. Not saying that happened in this case. The person who could do the most harm is the defendant, if they chose to do so because their attorney knows who you are. Not the public at large. Remember KC looking at documents during the trial. Who is to say she wasn't looking at the names and descriptions of the juror's. Who can say whether she picked a juror she knew was a single male and decided to flirt with him. KC is on video making eye contact with someone in the vicinity of the jury box as this was caught on video. It's impossible to tell who was her target but it wasn't KC's DT because they were right there when she did it.

The only privacy you have is in your own home. Once you go out and sit on a public forum or jury the people who are paying you have a right to know who you are. If you have an auto accident and it is printed in the paper, your name and residential town are usually listed in the article. You have no right to privacy only the right to say "no comment." jmo

Former Anthony judge breaks silence - YouTube! At the one minute mark you can see her make eye contact with someone and her body language tells the whole story. lol

Wow, that was weird. I did notice the eye contact and then the raised brow afterwards.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/217267/19/Casey-Anthony-attorney-Jose-Baez-speaks-exclusively-to-10-News

"They made their decision," he said, speaking in front of his office in Kissimmee. "Let it go already."

Baez was on his way to Harvard Law School on Tuesday night to speak with students. Before he left, he was asked if he read reports online about his client. He joked, "The only thing I pay attention to online is news about the Seminoles and the Yankees."

And, as far as the safety of the jurors, he said, "I wish I could buy all of them pit bulls.

I'm no expert in linguistics, but his comment "let it go already" seems to indicate some frustration and desire to move past this case. JMO

Don't get me started on Harvard!!!

BBM. Just as I suspected (and posted before) , Baez plans to use the release of juror's names to his strategic advantage by telling the Judges the Jury is in danger just as FCA.

Baez is too easy to read.

Juror names are never supposed to remain secret.

I think in some cases they are kept secret. For example, IIRC, the jurors that decided the fate of some of the Al Quada terrorists were kept top secret.

WHOA day 2 and all the jurors are unscathed! Maybe that bloodthirsty public isn't so bad after all...

They have been met with a huge wave of apathy.....
I haven't bothered to look at their names. Don't want to know. I mean, what could I possibly say to someone who sat through the same trial I did and came out with that verdict?

I think in some cases they are kept secret. For example, IIRC, the jurors that decided the fate of some of the Al Quada terrorists were kept top secret.

In some cases I could see where it would be necessary. Problem is the defense is entitled to your name and address so it matters very little that your name is out in the media because those who would harm you already know who you are. I think there would be more danger of someone trying to threaten you before the verdict, than getting revenge afterwards. jmo

I dont think many of these jurors are going to speak out.
I have read where some of them had to move and i dont think they are eager to tell their new neighbors they were on the Anthony Jury then they will have to move again lol

I do not feel sorry for any of these ppl if they had just taken the time to discuss this among
themselves and gone over the evidence and the transcripts they would have come to a different conclusion.

I also think they had this decision made before they even hit the deliberation room.
I think they discussed this among themselves at dinners and free time. Remember them asking JP to read back something obviously they had spoken to each other that should have sent offfffff alarms right there..

Great post! ITA! This whole trial, IMO, was jacked-up from the start. The many pieces of evidence that were kept out because they were "too prejudicial", HHJP molly-coddling JB, holding his hand and leading him straight to the NG verdict. Too much emphasis on protecting KC and not enough concern about what actually happened to Caylee. I truly believe that these 12 jurors thought they had hit pay dirt being seated on this jury and totally forgot the purpose of being there. Sad. JMO.

The reason the jury members are known to the public is the same reason we have open trials. It's intended to be a guard against corruption of the courts. If the public knows the twelve are regular members of a community, then they also have a better shot at knowing whether or not they are aligned with, or bought by, the state or the defense. If secret juries are what you think you want, consider how that would affect you if you were on trial and your only crime was maybe being too critical of TPTB, or a powerful criminal in your community. Remember TPTB or the criminal can be those who have the power & money to not only buy LE and judges, they can also buy a jury. Is that who you want deciding your fate? An open jury is part of your insurance as a citizen. Yes it can be tough to be on one, but it's important that they are known to be 'us'.

One problem in our current system is that too few 'regular joes' are serving these days because it's so easy to get out of it. What results can sometimes be anything but a jury of your peers. But whoever they are, I'll honor them for serving because not being representative is not their fault. But after they accept the responsibility, what they do with it should be open to public opinion. We, as citizens, expect them to do the best job they can do - to follow the law and to judge based on the evidence presented because they represent the collective 'us'. And it's our right, maybe even our duty, to voice our opinions when they don't do that. The public's judgement of how well - or how poorly - they did their job is also part of ensuring fair trials. The juror is supposed to be a part of the community and knows he will return to that community once his service is done.

Back in the day, before cities became so populated, the idea was that the farmer that served stood shoulder to shoulder with his neighbor during and after the trial. He represented the members of the community that had been harmed by the crime being tried, so he was expected to represent them well, or to face them if he didn't. Today we don't personally know that farmer, and our 'shoulder to shoulder' might be electronic, but the principal of expecting him to represent us well still stands. Open trials and open juries are not easy on those who serve, but it's not supposed to be. It's what a citizen owes the system that affords him his right to a fair trial. Yes, that jurist also has the right to be safe in his community after his service, and we have laws to protect him if threatened or unduly harassed. He deserves that, we all do. But each of us faces our neighbors based on our actions in society, and protecting a juror from public censure would take away part of the incentive to represent his community well when serving. IMO.

Just wanted to say thanks for that post. You expressed what jury duty should be perfectly.:clap::clap:

Though some of the characters in the extremely ugly life of OCA bear culpability to varying degrees while many others are completely innocent, it is remarkable how many lives this one young woman has damaged, twisted, or outright destroyed.

It really is no exaggeration to say she has left no person unscathed she has ever had more than casual contact with.

Her own baby daughter: murdered.

All of her "friends" : lied to, stolen from, accused by OCA of crimes.

All of her family: lied to, stolen from, accused by OCA.

Thousands of volunteers who tried to help: lied to, time and resources stolen, betrayed.

A complete stranger: lied about, accused of kidnapping, her reputation destroyed.

Her own attorney: under investigation.

Other members of her DT- ridiculed, scorned, demonstrating their basest selves

A jury of 12: ridiculed, scorned, blamed, fearful.

What a track record.

I wonder if many have pondered the comparison of the two groups above that I have bolded. Both groups have participated in this case. Both were comprised of volunteers. Both groups have had their personal information released to the public. And both groups seem to be suffering consequences.

But. . . the people who volunteered for the search efforts received zero compensation, taking money from their own pockets in many cases to participate. They were put under suspicion by the defense team, contacted (some on several occasions) by Casey's team, and next to no expectation of their identities ever being revealed without their specific consent. And ~ there were thousands of them!

The twelve jurors were given a token compensation, a few received a couple perks, and should have had the horse sense to know they would gather public interest. (A couple, apparently, did realize that and tried to market their own worth.) And ~ there were only twelve of them.

It seems everyone who was remotely involved in this entire case got the short end of the stick except Casey Anthony. And she sent out waves of destruction that are continuing to this very day. It all still makes my heart heavy.

I hope the jurors are being totally ignored for their own safety and because they don't deserve any more interviews or financial gain. They had their minds made up early on and didn't really do their jobs IMO. The media destroyed this case with all the hoopla about the Anthony's from day one and it affected the jury. I will never understand how all the things leading up to Caylee's death never got into the trial at all, yet in other cases every detail is brought out. The whole thing was just bizarre.

Seriously, nobody cares. What's done is done. All the anger was months ago. These jurors have about as much as Casey to fear, and that's all of bunch of nothing! So we know their names. You know what, it doesn't do a thing for me. It doesn't change the verdict or make me feel any better. There's too many other controversies and cases out there in the public eye for anyone to give two carps about Casey or the jury anymore. They are old news, put them to bed, let them go on in their lives and hope that karma pays them back dearly at some point. That's all we can do now. I swear, if even one juror is afraid today, that's just plain dumb as incognito Casey. It all just needs to go away...please, media, STOP ASKING BAEZ QUESTIONS! The only reason this makes the news is because of the idiotic answers he gives!

We'll hear from Casey again anyway when she does something illegal and finally gets her due. I wonder if her white knight Baez will try to save her again? I wish he would go away most of all. At least Casey is hiding and shutting her mouth.

Interesting comments, both pro and con about releasing the names of jurors. Making my name available was not something that I even knew would happen at the time of jury selection. Why didn't they ask me how I felt about that, along with the other questions asked? It should be an individual choice, in my opinion. If I'm not comfortable or feel threatened by that, I shouldn't have to sit on a jury on a murder trial. Next time I am called for jury duty, I will have one those non-refundable, conveniently booked cruise tickets that coincide with the starting date of the trial. Convicting someone of murder is a pretty heavy burden in and of itself, viewing the pictures of such a heinous crime is very disturbing, seeing the mother and family members pain is heartbreaking. Logic tells you that the chance of anyone wanting to harm you for performing your civic duty is next to none, yet you have just witnessed (as a juror) that some kill for no reason at all. I won't take my chances and have my name out there again. Ever.

The reason the jury members are known to the public is the same reason we have open trials. It's intended to be a guard against corruption of the courts. If the public knows the twelve are regular members of a community, then they also have a better shot at knowing whether or not they are aligned with, or bought by the state or the defense.

If secret juries are what you think you want, consider how that would affect you if you were on trial and your only crime was being too critical of...those who have the power & money to...buy LE and judges [and a jury as well]. An open jury is part of your insurance as a citizen.

Open trials and open juries are not easy on those who serve, but it's not supposed to be. It's what a citizen owes the system that affords him his right to a fair trial.

Thank you very much for speaking up on this matter. I believe you are absolutely correct.

I have also served on a jury but admit that I have not felt personally threatened because of my service. It is dispiriting to hear that ordinary citizens feel concerned for their safety as a result of service on a jury, although I believe that actual injury to a erstwhile juror or their property is an extremely rare event. That doesn't mean that the fear of such an occurrence is any less real or incapacitating to someone who feels threatened for an act they should receive nothing but gratitude for.

I don't know that all US states follow Florida's transparency of identification of jury members, but the risk of not knowing who passes judgment upon you in a criminal proceeding erodes a central pillar of a free society for the reasons LinTX documents. "Political prisoners" who are no different than you and me fill prisons throughout the world after "fair" trials that are anything but, simply because their opinions threaten to usurp corrupt and powerful people who manipulate the judicial system. Given a dishonest opportunity, human nature would mandate the same abuses in our own country.

The public, including many of us on this board, already feels (partly because of this trial) that our system of justice is so flawed as to be irrelevant or untrustworthy.

Sealing the names of jurors--especially with unpopular verdicts--would not only enhance public distrust, but ultimately sow the seeds of anarchy.

True..

The government has successfully requested anonymous juries in past cases involving terrorism and organized crime...and.....Defense lawyers, meanwhile, have contended.. that such measures lead jurors to believe that a defendant must be dangerous, undermining the presumption of innocence.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/27/nyregion/27hashmi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member