Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Java Jive is at the OTHER end of Lochmere Drive from Holly Springs Rd. It is on the corner of Lochmere Dr. & Kildaire Farm Road. Although Kildaire Farm is busy, too; you can cross it and extend your run to the other side and continue along Lochmere Dr. There is also a path that runs along Kildaire Farm for quite a ways leading to another Lochmere section. This same path breaks off to the right, goes under a Kildaire Farm overpass and continues behind one neighoborhood and then into the woods of Ritter Park. The other end of this comes out into the Regency neighoborhood. This is the main runner's route that connects the two neighborhoods.

There was a rape along this path about 8 to 10 years ago of a woman runner. They caught the goon...she recognized him on TV from another rape in N. Raleigh. THAT would be the ONLY place I could think of where Nancy would be accousted while running. (well...not quite...there is an area around the Regency Lake that's pretty isolated, too.) Since the rape, I NEVER run through that section of the park alone. Thing is, the running path is quite a ways from any parking areas. The closest one I can think of is the parking lot at Ritter Park, but the perp would still have quite a ways to either carry her or make her walk to a car. When all this happened and before her body was found, I was hoping the search would go deeper and wider along this path. As soon as her body was discovered where it was, I was quite certain she wasn't running...there is no place convenient to get her to a car. We runners would be very leery of a car stopped in the road, so I cannot see her being accousted along the roadways.

Java Jive is a nice in between point of the Lochmere and Regency neighborhoods.

Thanks !!!

It happens - think about Judith Nilan. Jogger abducted while running later found in a shed on a property belonging to a Sesame Street actor who had nothing to do with the abduction. He did transport her away from the abduction scene by car. It happens.
Anything can happen...but it would be highly risky for someone to try that in our neighborhood without being seen. It would seem more like a desarate, impulsive and random attack to take a chance like that. And the LE says it wasn't so.

Yeah, you have to see just how sedate and SAFE Cary is to understand how unlikely that would be here. Not that it couldn't *ever* happen, but at 7am in THIS little safe community...doubtful. Truly.

It happens - think about Judith Nilan. Jogger abducted while running later found in a shed on a property belonging to a Sesame Street actor who had nothing to do with the abduction. He did transport her away from the abduction scene by car. It happens.

Sure anything can happen.
However, I think we can all agree that scenario would be extreamly rare.

Shoelaces: I'm sure her friends could tell you whether the loops laid horizontal or vertical. She could tie either way depending on who taught her and where they sat when they were teaching her to tie. I wonder if he knew anyone that lived in that neighborhood or if maybe one of the friends knew someone that was going to build down there....so he checked it out on his bike....I don't see bikes on Holly Springs Road either. I want to know what she was wearing Friday night and were the clothes hanging in the closet clean or did they smell sweaty from being outside. I'm sure her friends know what she wore that night.

Anything can happen...but it would be highly risky for someone to try that in our neighborhood without being seen. It would seem more like a desarate, impulsive and random attack to take a chance like that. And the LE says it wasn't so.

I'll take your word for that as I will be very surprised if no one saw Nancy if she was indeed jogging that morning. So far we don't know if anyone has gone to LE with that or not. Since LE is still handing out flyers it seems reasonable to assume they are still looking for anyone who saw Nancy and/or they are looking for someone who saw something along Fielding Road. Given the time and publicity, it seems to me such witnesses would have come forward by now, if they exist.

My point was that abductions do occur where someone will use a vehicle to transport a victim - even in broad daylight. Not saying it happened in this case, only that it is not unheard of.

The time of her disappearance is also what raises the 'hinky flag.'

I bet most crimes happen at night or at least before 5am...cover of darkness and all that.

I don't know how common it is for a crime ... esp. a kidnapping to occur at SEVEN AM on Saturday morning! Even thugs get sleepy at some point...I would think 7am would not be a time when many murderers would be out doing their thing.

Again, use your common sense here. 7am - 8am. Saturday morning. It's LIGHT outside. And it keeps getting lighter and busier.

Neighbors are nosy folks! Mine sure are. People look out their windows, watch others on the street, notice if someone runs by them or down their street if they're outside too.

SEVEN AM.

That time just sounds preposterous to me.

If Nancy had disappeared at night then maybe, yeah.

But at 7am in Cary?

Nope.

I really feel that someone drove to that cul de sac in the middle of the night while most people would be sound asleep. He would probably have to go after 2 am after the teens had to be home if they use that area for "parking"

The time of her disappearance is also what raises the 'hinky flag.'

I bet most crimes happen at night or at least before 5am...cover of darkness and all that.

I don't know how common it is for a crime ... esp. a kidnapping to occur at SEVEN AM on Saturday morning! Even thugs get sleepy at some point...I would think 7am would not be a time when many murderers would be out doing their thing.

Again, use your common sense here. 7am - 8am. Saturday morning. It's LIGHT outside. And it keeps getting lighter and busier.

Neighbors are nosy folks! Mine sure are. People look out their windows, watch others on the street, notice if someone runs by them or down their street if they're outside too.

SEVEN AM.

That time just sounds preposterous to me.

If Nancy had disappeared at night then maybe, yeah.

But at 7am in Cary?

Nope.

He had to have an excuse to be seen leaving his home at 6 ish am.
That is why he was seen at the Harris teeter ...part of his obvious alibi in case he was spotted.

Assuming he killed her after she returned home that night, he must have thought it too risky for a neighbor to see the car leave at any hour before 6 am, when he had his excuse.

Yes exactly! The odds of Nancy jogging down that deserted new subdivision seems rather rare. And I don't know how a stranger/rapist/attacker would get this woman in broad daylight (at 7am), attack her, and then transport her to the dump site. A 5'9" woman is going to make some noise! And at 7am it's daylight already. How many attackers are awake at 7am, waiting for a victim to happen by?
In CARY, no less.
Good afternoon! It's so nice to see the forum back up today. :) I completely agree with you ~ if Nancy had been attacked while she was out jogging I'd think someone would've heard screaming, she would've put up some kind of fight and so forth. Also I think it's extremely rare that he'd choose that hour of the morning. An hour earlier, maybe.

I really feel that someone drove to that cul de sac in the middle of the night while most people would be sound asleep. He would probably have to go after 2 am after the teens had to be home if they use that area for "parking"

I have a little trouble with that given Brad's profession and knowledge of VoIP. In his affidavits he claims Nancy called him at the store. He has to know that can be verified very easily or else he knows there is only one tower which would be recording both his cell phone and the call from the house, which is possible.

I have always wondered why Nancy's cell phone was in her car...

That is why he was seen at the Harris teeter ...part of his obvious alibi in case he was spotted.

Assuming he killed her after she returned home that night, he must have thought it too risky for a neighbor to see the car leave at any hour before 6 am, when he had his excuse.
Yes I think so too, on both points. If anyone was up in the neighborhood during the night they could've seen his car leaving but the 6am trip to the store covered up for him going out.

Excellent point! It's 'early enough' so he still has some darkness on his side for dumping her body, but it's not so early that neighbors would be wondering what's going on.

I have a little trouble with that given Brad's profession and knowledge of VoIP. In his affidavits he claims Nancy called him at the store. He has to know that can be verified very easily or else he knows there is only one tower which would be recording both his cell phone and the call from the house, which is possible.

I have always wondered why Nancy's cell phone was in her car...
I wonder if it's possible he had her cell phone with him and called his own phone from it? I agree it would all depend on how many towers there are and if it couldn't be distinguished exactly where the call to his phone came from ~ the house or the store?

I think we can now discount the 4 am video rumor.
If Nancy came home at 12 am, that means her buds were still up on Friday night.
Way too risky to drive out of your drive in the wee hours...any witness to that would be the smoking gun.

IF Brad loved Nancy so much, he didn't NEED to reply in kind. He COULD have waited until the hearing. He thought it was more important that he get out anything derogatory about Nancy to EVERYONE rather than respecting her memory and pleading his case before no one, but the judge.

A tactical move, most likely encouraged by his lawyer. NOT the correct move though, IMO.

JMHO
fran

I disagree Fran. Imo he did need to respond and usually affidavits are filed before a hearing so the Judge has time to read the file beforehand.

I wonder if it's possible he had her cell phone with him and called his own phone from it? I agree it would all depend on how many towers there are and if it couldn't be distinguished exactly where the call to his phone came from ~ the house or the store?

That's what I'm thinking. In his affidavit he indicates he left early and took the girls home from the party - said they walked. Perhaps I misinterpreted it but it seems to me they probably all walked to the party as well. Which meant Nancy also walked home - why would her cell be in the vehicle if that is the case?

I did the research , Alltel has 1 tower within a mile or so of the house that covers roughly 5 miles.

That's what I'm thinking. In his affidavit he indicates he left early and took the girls home from the party - said they walked. Perhaps I misinterpreted it but it seems to me they probably all walked to the party as well. Which meant Nancy also walked home - why would her cell be in the vehicle if that is the case?

i thought her cell was in the house, in her purse ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop