Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
aw96yu.jpg

So we know Daniels SAID something to BC about those marks we just don't know HOW he said it. Define "advise" in the context of police interviewing. ???

aw96yu.jpg

So we know Daniels SAID something to BC about those marks we just don't know HOW he said it. Define "advise" in the context of police interviewing. ???
The "advise" word didn't stand out when I read it. I take it that means "brought to the attention of". Still wonder how Brad responded.

The "advise" word didn't stand out when I read it. I take it that means "brought to the attention of". Still wonder how Brad responded.

I'm thinking it was several long seconds of crickets chirping...and dead silence.

aw96yu.jpg

When I was in EMS, we used radios to communicate between dispatch and the ambulances, and from ambulance to hospital. We use the same dispatch and communications center that LE uses, although we had dispatchers that were dedicated to handling EMS communications for that shift, I think they rotate positions from time to time, and attend the same training.

We also used to spend a lot of time listening to police and fire radio traffic on scanner radios, because what started out as a fire or police call might end up needing us. So, you begin to hear language that is a form of verbal boilerplate. It is standard, and means the same to those who are in the business, but might not be understood in the same context by those who do not talk on those systems regularly.

In that context, the word "advise" usually refers to information, usually presented by someone who is on-scene or has detailed knowledge of a person or place due to their frequent visits there, or a fairly complete level of understanding on a situation.

When advise is used in this manner relating to the observations of the detective, it would mean that he saw the marks, gathered his observations as to possible causes, and asked in one form or another for information from BC, but was unable to gain a meaningful response. In that context, he is "advising" whomever might be reading his report that the interviewee did not offer a meaningful response when asked about the marks.

When used on the radio, this might be a question to dispatch to get some information from someone who is on-scene and has a better understanding of the situation. Such as the direction to approach from, or to use caution when approaching.

CyberPro

aw96yu.jpg

I think you will find that will vary from detective to detective but in this case it seems the overall approach of Cary PD was to keep him talking for as long as possible. This approach IMO is very civilized and non accusatory - the old catch more flies with sugar than salt approach. With all Brad did tell them, this approach seemed to have worked quite well. They got a lot of information out of him.

If you will recall in the Young case - LE immediately started questioning JY's friends, apparently in a manner that led them to believe LE was accusing JY. They got on the phone and called him to warn him - the end result was JY totally refused to speak with LE from the beginning - even before he returned to Raleigh.

So advise and how it is done will be variable.

I've reached the decision that there are too many folks here with too many serious decisions going on in their heads. I'm thinking that it's time for me to back away from this for a while. I'm hoping to come back when there is more authoritative info from LE and the like. WS is feeling like an obsession sometimes, so I need time to detox this obsession from my brain.

I'm off to enjoy :sunshine: the day. Sleuth on, soldiers.:crosseyed:

If you will recall in the Young case - LE immediately started questioning JY's friends,

I'm sorry to have to admit that my knowledge of the Young case is on the same level of my knowledge of quantum physics. Sorely lacking, and I have some big time catching up to do there (with the Young case...Physics can wait even longer). :jester:

He was probably thinking, "DOH! I should have put on a turtleneck shirt!!!"
They were on the left side of the BACK of his neck. Since they were small, they most likely didn't hurt. So unless he took a hand mirror & did a rear view look, he may not have noticed themr. (you know what I'm talking about...that rearview peekaboo that we ladies avoid doing at all costs unless we are in the dressing room three-way under that hideous lighting and have no control over the mirrors. You'd think the department stores would learn to use softer lighting. totally off topic. sorry)

They were on the left side of the BACK of his neck. Since they were small, they most likely didn't hurt. So unless he took a hand mirror & did a rear view look, he may not have noticed themr. (you know what I'm talking about...that rearview peekaboo that we ladies avoid doing at all costs unless we are in the dressing room three-way under that hideous lighting and have no control over the mirrors. You'd think the department stores would learn to use softer lighting. totally off topic. sorry)

Excellent point! yes, back/left of neck. And frankly who wants to see if their neck looks scratched butt looks big in a mirror facing back there! :innocent: :butthead:

I'm sorry to have to admit that my knowledge of the Young case is on the same level of my knowledge of quantum physics. Sorely lacking, and I have some big time catching up to do there (with the Young case...Physics can wait even longer).

Not much to catch up on with respect to this issue - LE was aggressive - JY shut up and has said absolutely zero to LE with regards to anything relating either to himself or his murdered wife.

So does anyone know if Nancy was left handed or right handed by any chance?

aw96yu.jpg

To me, it means that Daniels told the affiant about it. Daniels may or may not have asked BC about it, but then Daniels said he (Daniels) was unable to determine the cause, and BC didn't offer one.

To me, it means that Daniels told the affiant about it. Daniels may or may not have asked BC about it, but then Daniels said he (Daniels) was unable to determine the cause, and BC didn't offer one.
advised as in saying "I notice you have scratches on your neck."?

Not much to catch up on with respect to this issue - LE was aggressive - JY shut up and has said absolutely zero to LE with regards to anything relating either to himself or his murdered wife.

So does anyone know if Nancy was left handed or right handed by any chance?

RC, I wouldn't think that would have a bearing on the scratches. I think she would use whichever hand was near the left side of the neck. Certainly, if they were facing, she would not cross over his body to reach behind his neck.

RC, I wouldn't think that would have a bearing on the scratches. I think she would use whichever hand was near the left side of the neck. Certainly, if they were facing, she would not cross over his body to reach behind his neck.

Just a question since Gary Rentz said he taught her to hold her keys a certain way and the keys were found by the door instead of on her person as was her habit.

Just a question since Gary Rentz said he taught her to hold her keys a certain way and the keys were found by the door instead of on her person as was her habit.

Ooooh, okay, gotcha. I thought we still were on the scratches.

And btw, good for Garry. I never leave a building (shopping, my work building, etc.) without my keys in my hand, just so I don't have to fumble for them standing in a parking lot with my purse all open and me vulnerable and not paying attention to my surroundings.

I do hope all in the Rentz family, and the girls, are doing well.

Ooooh, okay, gotcha. I thought we still were on the scratches.

And btw, good for Garry. I do hope all in his family, and the girls, are doing well.

I haven't moved on from the scratches - just thinking finger nail scratches and scratches made by a key might be very different in both size and attributes.

I haven't moved on from the scratches - just thinking finger nail scratches and scratches made by a key might be very different in both size and attributes.

Hopefully there is DNA evidence on whatever she used to scratch him, be it fingernail or keys.

They did say they were small scratches, though. I wonder if they took photos. I can't remember now, did the return say anything about photos? I remember there was something unexpected in the BC's physical return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper