Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The strategy has not changed from the filing of a subpeona on the ME back in July. Gotta give em a thumbs up for trying.
True that. Brad hasn't even been named a POI or suspect and they are demanding all documents, interviews, witness lists, etc. in the case. It looks like the defense is actually running scared. That may not be the impression they intended to create, but it's how they are looking.

True that. Brad hasn't even been named a POI or suspect and they are demanding all documents, interviews, witness lists, etc. in the case. It looks like the defense is actually running scared. That may not be the impression they intended to create, but it's how they are looking.

I suspect this will the reason they use, the failure of LE to respond, to have a closed door meeting outside of the judge's hearing and the result will be similar to July 25th.

I suspect this will the reason they use, the failure of LE to respond, to have a closed door meeting outside of the judge's hearing and the result will be similar to July 25th.

Hadn't thought of that! A way to save face.

Hadn't thought of that! A way to save face.

I'm listening to part 3 of the depo again - Ms. Stubbs is questioning him about suicide and his use of the computers - given the new filings, dare I think he is a tad worried about what might be on those computers ?

I'm listening to part 3 of the depo again - Ms. Stubbs is questioning him about suicide and his use of the computers - given the new filings, dare I think he is a tad worried about what might be on those computers ?

I listened to part 3 last night since I missed it the first time....IIRC he admitted that he may have been on a site that talked about suicide but only as a result of reading an article that linked him to such a site--an article about divorcing dads having a higher incidence of suicide or something like that. :confused:

IIRC he admitted that he may have been on a site that talked about suicide but only as a result of reading an article about divorcing dads having a higher incidence of suicide or something like that. :confused:

Yeah, the checklist questions are also interesting.

I think those are trying to get his story around the checklist that Nancy saw and told Hannah about (I remember reading it in HP's affy)...there was a list of the kids' favorite foods, colors and then things like life insurance policy, Blue book for car, etc. etc.

Yes, I am really wondering if they found the checklist that HP referred to. It seemed like such an odd list, particularly the reminder to check on insurance. At the very least there will be HP's testimony, and she actually saw the list.

Yes, I am really wondering if they found the checklist that HP referred to. It seemed like such an odd list, particularly the reminder to check on insurance. At the very least there will be HP's testimony, and she actually saw the list.
He made it sound like two completely different lists in his deposition; as if they were not related.

He made it sound like two completely different lists in his deposition; as if they were not related.

Yes, this is one part of the deposition that I have watched and reviewed. I suspect that if it comes up in court, BC's lawyers will argue that they are two lists and minimize the significance. In fact the financial information was on one side and the information on favorite color and food was on the other, so it is possible to argue that. No matter what, they are odd lists of information, don't you think?

At another place in the video, Ms. Stubbs does ask BC if he has trouble with memory or something along those lines. Clearly he does or seems to.

Okay thanks. So it's possible that Brad only used his as a regular vacuum and not the wet/wash function on or about July 12th.

No...it's the same vac. A wet/dry vac simply means it can vacuum up water or other liquids, or it can vacuum up dry things. You can quickly put a filter on it if you are vacuuming up dry thing. It usually has 3 latches on the top to take the top off and add or remove the filter. It is good to use in a garage to prevent dust, etc. from going everywhere...especially if you do woodworking projects.

Yes, this is one part of the deposition that I have watched and reviewed. I suspect that if it comes up in court, BC's lawyers will argue that they are two lists and minimize the significance. In fact the financial information was on one side and the information on favorite color and food was on the other, so it is possible to argue that. No matter what, they are odd lists of information, don't you think?

At another place in the video, Ms. Stubbs does ask BC if he has trouble with memory or something along those lines. Clearly he does or seems to.
Yeah, I thought that was funny. He hardly makes a statement without making some kind of reference to his own recollection (or lack thereof). He isn't that stupid. If he were older, I'd understand. But he is too young and too smart to be that forgetful.....and LE (as well as Ms. Stubbs) is well aware of that.

The Jennifer Windsor Ball affidavit is puzzling, to say the least. She states that Brad was emotionally abusive to her "throughout" their relationship. Not that he became abusive, but that he was abusive throughout. Yet, she became engaged to him. Why? Does she enjoy being abused? Why did she wish to plan to spend the rest of her life with someone who "constantly belittled" her to other people?

Many people have speculated as to why Nancy stayed with Brad despite how terrible of a husband he allegedly was -- fear, residency issues, the children, etc. None of these seem to apply to Jennifer.

She doesn't state when they became engaged, but she elected to make enough of a commitment to rent an apartment with him 9 months into a 15 month relationship in which she was being constantly abused. Why?

No...the custody judge is going to base the decision partially on her opinion of the murder investigation, so it makes sense that his lawyers want this to be able to argue/refute that opinion if necessary.

No...it's the same vac. A wet/dry vac simply means it can vacuum up water or other liquids, or it can vacuum up dry things. You can quickly put a filter on it if you are vacuuming up dry thing. It usually has 3 latches on the top to take the top off and add or remove the filter. It is good to use in a garage to prevent dust, etc. from going everywhere...especially if you do woodworking projects.
You will note SG says "Brad only used his AS a regular vacuum". I think she is well aware they are one machine with two functions. It's quite clear in her statement.

Yes I understood that...I meant that maybe Brad used his on the 'dry' function only that day. Did Brad say he used the other (i.e. the wet) function of the shopvac? I did not hear him say it, but I might have missed it.

ETA: :wink: @ Reddress. I responded before reading the whole way through.

The Jennifer Windsor Ball affidavit is puzzling, to say the least. She states that Brad was emotionally abusive to her "throughout" their relationship. Not that he became abusive, but that he was abusive throughout. Yet, she became engaged to him. Why? Does she enjoy being abused? Why did she wish to plan to spend the rest of her life with someone who "constantly belittled" her to other people?

Many people have speculated as to why Nancy stayed with Brad despite how terrible of a husband he allegedly was -- fear, residency issues, the children, etc. None of these seem to apply to Jennifer.

She doesn't state when they became engaged, but she elected to make enough of a commitment to rent an apartment with him 9 months into a 15 month relationship in which she was being constantly abused. Why?

'Abuse' can take lots of forms from the very subtle to the very violent. Throughout can mean there was behavior she interpreted as abusive in one form or another that she can pinpoint in hindsight. We don't have the luxury of knowing how she interpreted 'throughout.' It could have started with the odd comment about her looks or her weight...something subtle to bring her down a notch or two. It might have started after the first few months, when Brad was probably on better behavior in the beginning stages of dating. RKAB described something similar in how she was talked to by Brad.

I'm guessing since she did get out/away from that rel'p and by her own admission never had another rel'p in which she was treated similarly, she neither enjoyed being 'abused' or 'belittled' nor perpetuated it into a pattern of getting involved with abusive men in general and, by the fact that she ended it, did not plan to spend her life in a rel'p in which she felt abused/mistreated.

No...the custody judge is going to base the decision partially on her opinion of the murder investigation, so it makes sense that his lawyers want this to be able to argue/refute that opinion if necessary.
I agree with you. It puts Brad's team at a definite disadvantage if they don't have the same information to work with that the judge probably has at her disposal. I am not surprised they asked for all of it.

I agree with you. It puts Brad's team at a definite disadvantage if they don't have the same information to work with that the judge probably has at her disposal. I am not surprised they asked for all of it.

Do you think the judge has access to the files and info gathered by the CPD? I thought the investigation evidence/info was kept from everyone (except the DA of course and the suspect once s/he's been named as one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper