Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess if the petition for the children states there was an affair...that confirms it. Now, we just have to wait because she will be named soon. I don't think they will be able to keep it under wraps since the cat is out of the bag.

What you purchase and when is not a problem until you lie about it. Then it's a BIG problem.

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

Many of Nancy Cooper's closest friends have been talking about what they know and what they believe to have happened. Most everyone agrees that the latest of many affairs Brad Cooper has been involved in was too much for Nancy to bear.
(more at link)​

Thank you SuziQ. I read all the articles there. I hope there is an arrest soon. I watched the presser this morning and my heart aches for her family.

I'm sure the 4 yr old dd is quite precocious and has said a lot in passing. Not only that, they spent some time w/o dad up in Canada, and who knows what was discussed during that time. I think that's when Nancy made the decision (with a lot of support from her family) to leave Brad. It's a shame she came back and was then killed.

I think this is identical to Michelle Young - she also went home to her family, within 2 weeks of her murder. She also sought professional assistance very shortly before her murder. She also had a cheating husband who was emotionally abusive. Sounds incredibly familiar.

That was heartbreaking. Just watching Nancy's family, makes this whole tragedy even more tragic, and hard to digest. I don't think I'm going to be able to even drive by Lochmere, for awhile. It is just so sad. I'm glad that they are getting good support here, and think it was a good PC, where they could just re-live happy memories. I am so grateful that they now have custody. I think that their remarks, especially the sister's "this was a very selfish act," really point to the fact that they know Brad did it. IMO.

I think this is identical to Michelle Young - she also went home to her family, within 2 weeks of her murder. She also sought professional assistance very shortly before her murder. She also had a cheating husband who was emotionally abusive. Sounds incredibly familiar.

Hi rc! :blowkiss: Let's hope this one ends a little differently!

Thanks, Moon! This was enlightening and heartbreaking. :(

I missed some of it. Did LE make a statement at all on where the investigation stood?

That was heartbreaking. Just watching Nancy's family, makes this whole tragedy even more tragic, and hard to digest. I don't think I'm going to be able to even drive by Lochmere, for awhile. It is just so sad. I'm glad that they are getting good support here, and think it was a good PC, where they could just re-live happy memories. I am so grateful that they now have custody. I think that their remarks, especially the sister's "this was a very selfish act," really point to the fact that they know Brad did it. IMO.

I agree completey. It was heartbreaking to watch her family and I got from watching that they know Brad did it. :mad:

Taximom & raisincharlie: I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Nancy had been to Hilton Head with her family. I guess that we can assume the kids were with her, but just for the sake of accuracy, I thought that I'd point out what I remember from previous reports.

Thanks, Moon! This was enlightening and heartbreaking. :(

I missed some of it. Did LE make a statement at all on where the investigation stood?

Not really, no.

Not sure which part you saw, but the Police Chief just spoke at the beginning, saying that no POI has been named yet, the investigation is continuing...and the news about the custody. That was basically all she said.

Thank you SuziQ. I read all the articles there. I hope there is an arrest soon. I watched the presser this morning and my heart aches for her family.

Your're welcome. It's times like this I wish I could hold someone and take their pain away. If it was only so simple.

"I'm sure this crime has so many eyes and ears is because too many women and men have found themselves at the end of this same rope, betrayed, isolated, desperate to find a way out. We can all identify with the emotional struggles of a marriage teetering on the brink. If we haven't been thru it ourselves we know someone that has. It's a tinderbox, a dangerous, highly combustible part of at nearly half of all of the divorcing couple's final days, weeks, even months together. Too often an assault or even murder will be a part of that struggle to free yourself from a situation you have no control over. For people with issues of control, violence seems to be the norm."

http://www.bluelineradio.com/news714.html

I think the custody issue was imperative at this point. The comments about him being unstable in the petition was taken very seriously by the Judge and this should be the standard when a spouse is possibly going to be named the POI or Suspect. (More Judges need to act accordingly...as in the cases of Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic, imo.)

Maybe one of Brads girlfriends killed Nancy......

I think that is a very good possibility too.
If Brad didn't do it....a Fatal Attraction scenario just may fit, especially if he made it clear that he would not leave his wife, which we know that even with all of his infidelities, he refused to leave the home and it was Nancy who decided to end it. Ifhe didn't do it, then the mistress did, imo

So she goes to the party Fri. Night, and I bet he sits and home and does some drinking and she does the same at the party, get home and a fight starts. It gets out of hand and boom she is dead. Now drunken husband panics and starts thinking of what to do. 1.Clean up scene, damn no bleach!! Goes and gets some. 2.Story! Let's see, she was out running early this am and never came back....sounds good. 3.Need to get her dressed and dump her somehwhere where there will be no one around. 4.End of the road by the pond, that he has surely run by, at some point, being a triathlete. 5. Get home clean himself up and go to bed (wow if he really went to bed after that what a psycho).

Now the police find the body.....let's see Columbo says look at they way the shoes are tied, if it is backwards, someone else did the tying. Blood work up....if she was out jogging her lactic acid levels would be elevated as well as endorphines (which is really why we all run anyway). If this is the case, he is screwed!! Surely being an athlete himself he should have known these things. He does have a masters degree.

My 2 pennies...........

Same story Mark Hacking used. I guess if your wife is a runner it's the best one you've got.

Hi rc! :blowkiss: Let's hope this one ends a little differently!

I sure hope so - lets hope CCBI doesn't miss evidence in the home this time and that the coroner can check the incoming LE requests and perform all tasks and tests requested (i.e. a rape kit) this time around. Amazing that a judge has granted custody of those children to her family, had to be some definite proof of the claims to do that.

Hug back at you ! You need to come to Lexington this weekend ! ALMS and IRL at Mid Ohio !

I think that is a very good possibility too.
If Brad didn't do it....a Fatal Attraction scenario just may fit, especially if he made it clear that he would not leave his wife, which we know that even with all of his infidelities, he refused to leave the home and it was Nancy who decided to end it. Ifhe didn't do it, then the mistress did, imo

I certainly can't discount the possibility. Or the possibility that there was more than one person involved here. Before, during or after the murder. If the mistress wasn't involved, I hope she's talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr