Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, ROTFL, Le better not be reading this we are ALL going to end up with a subpoena. Great find. Note she sought the advice of counsel on March 10. I bet that stupid SOB increased the equity line to reduce the equity in the house to make it difficult to sell, she found out, thus the suicide threat.
Ok (you give me way too much credit!)...but I was thinking to pay her her share of the house...don't think he can raise the line without her approval if her name was on the house btw. Not knowing what their mortgage is...what their line of credit was...don't know if the house had enough equity to do that. For all we know, they agreed to do it so they can pay for their attorneys.

I wouldn't think it was key evidence since the police told the searchers to continue looking, but I do not know. They chose to leave after the mental thought of thinking it could be Nancy and then finding out it was Brad they were also talking to. I have no idea how many are aware of this incident on Monday since many of us by that time were sent to the nature park to search. It was pouring so some others went home to wait the storm out.
It was an absolute down pour at certain times Monday afternoon.

I guess Im not clear on how exactly he presented the shovel, and then why the volunteers felt "scared" after talking to Brad in the woods prior to anyone suspecting him or finding Nancy. Are you saying that in the local minds he was always a suspect?

Ok (you give me way too much credit!)...but I was thinking to pay her her share of the house...don't think he can raise the line without her approval if her name was on the house btw. Not knowing what their mortgage is...what their line of credit was...don't know if the house had enough equity to do that. For all we know, they agreed to do it so they can pay for their attorneys.

RR, yes there's alot of what if's , but considering what we know now that she had no access to $$ and she consulted an attorney 30 days later, somethings rotten in Denmark. Also the suicide threat in Winter?
This guys a new breed in bottom feeder, imo.

momto3kids...some of us have "guts"...some of us have "hinky meters'...some of us "just know"...what are you feeling right now?

Either way, it doesn't seem Nancy benefited from any of the funds.

Very true in every way, I know we are supposed to believe she's at peace and away from this guy, blah blah, Im just pretty far from that frame of mind yet. I'm at the "looking at my husband funny" and seeing if we have an abundance of bleach in the laundry room all of a sudden. Tragic

What will really be interesting to see is if he does in fact contest it. The grandparents used the powerball and won this round. It was a smart legal maneuver...especially as I'm sure they wanted to bring the children to Canada for the funeral. BC would not necessarily have to agree to that...so they struck him with the custody order. As it happened last night, I'm sure it was no doubt done close to 5pm. Then there's no chance for an immediate appeal. Unfortunately, men in divorce cases have been known to use this ex parte approach to get the wife out of the house.

I agree it will be interesting to see if he contests it. Hmmm shall we say, if he hasn't been charged by July 25th, he will, and if he's charged, he might consent to a temporary custody order until he's found not guilty?:crazy:

You bring up another valid point - the "funeral". Do you think the parents are talking about a memorial in Canada or do you think Brad has signed his wife's body over to them.:confused:

Cool mom- Im not sure if you caught up on last thread about the fact that Brad was witholding $$ from Nancy- I took that to mean he was in control of the finances, and he had a very well paying job. Was there a substantial increase in Feb, like to match the value with an unusal LTV %

Yes, I did see that, which is one reason why I found it interesting that the house has been refinanced so many times. They were refinancing the home loan AND increasing the equity line as well. In Feb 08, the equity line was increased from 24K to 79K. That seems to be a lot if they are having problems. I do see looking at it now that before then, it was 05 when they refi'd. The records are sometimes hard to follow.

My point is, what has become of the money since then? Ownership interest in the house has not been transferred in the months following the equity line increase... since they were not separated yet as it would show up in these records.

Just another angle.

Back in thread two, a new poster Calgary123 (don't know how I remembered the ID) introduced himself; he had shared a space with Brad and gave some good extrospection about BC's personality years ago. I hope he comes back, it was interesting.

I agree it will be interesting to see if he contests it. Hmmm shall we say, if he hasn't been charged by July 25th, he will, and if he's charged, he might consent to a temporary custody order until he's found not guilty?:crazy:

You bring up another valid point - the "funeral". Do you think the parents are talking about a memorial in Canada or do you think Brad has signed his wife's body over to them.:confused:

The order states it will be in Canada and the children will attend.
He does not have to wait to contest it until the 25th though, he can seek his own ex parte order on grounds, but he won't, and I predict he will be in jail by 7/25.

Thursday, July 17, 2008
Private Candlelight Vigil

A candlelight vigil and remembrance is planned for Friday evening, but it is private and by invitation only.

A memorial service is in the works, we'll post details as soon as they are ironed out.

Other ways to honor Nancy are being discussed, but frankly we're all pretty exhausted and might need some time to grieve privately and be with our families.

The family have asked that all the flyers be removed and taken down (which I haven't seen any today, so that may already be well accomplished) and that it would be a welcome gesture to tie a white ribbon around a tree as a memorial gesture.

http://nancycooper.blogspot.com/

RR, yes there's alot of what if's , but considering what we know now that she had no access to $$ and she consulted an attorney 30 days later, somethings rotten in Denmark. Also the suicide threat in Winter?
This guys a new breed in bottom feeder, imo.
Well, I do know if both of their names were on the equity line then she could have written checks for funds (without his permission). Been there, done that...got the bruises. It's amazing what money you can come up with when they're not looking...but it's not fun...and if she were pulling money out that way (and my attorney gave me his blessing)...trust me BC WOULD NOT BE PLEASED!

LOL, ROTFL, Le better not be reading this we are ALL going to end up with a subpoena. Great find. Note she sought the advice of counsel on March 10. I bet that stupid SOB increased the equity line to reduce the equity in the house to make it difficult to sell, she found out, thus the suicide threat.

I was thinking something similar, although she ALSO signed the papers.

Yes, I did see that, which is one reason why I found it interesting that the house has been refinanced so many times. They were refinancing the home loan AND increasing the equity line as well. In Feb 08, the equity line was increased from 24K to 79K. That seems to be a lot if they are having problems. I do see looking at it now that before then, it was 05 when they refi'd. The records are sometimes hard to follow.

My point is, what has become of the money since then? Ownership interest in the house has not been transferred in the months following the equity line increase... since they were not separated yet as it would show up in these records.

Just another angle.
Exactly, if you take the loan and the equity line does it pretty much equal appraised value?

Well, I do know if both of their names were on the equity line then she could have written checks for funds (without his permission). Been there, done that...got the bruises. It's amazing what money you can come up with when they're not looking...but it's not fun...and if she were pulling money out that way (and my attorney gave me his blessing)...trust me BC WOULD NOT BE PLEASED!

Not if he maxed it out she couldn't, you crack me up. LOL..

NOTE. I noticed while catching up in the previous thread posters have brought posts in their ENTIRETY from TOPIX. This is NOT allowed UNLESS you have permission from poster whom you are copying. What you CAN do is bring a snip then link to post, that we will allow. (good stuff found and brought over btw ;) )

Blink34...I hear you and the questions you are asking. The way he presented the shovel is he came up an embankment right next to the car they were sitting in waiting for another searcher to come back. It was raining so they chose to sit in the car while waiting. When he passed the car with the police they chose to go down the hill to see what was happening. Within a short time Brad backed out of the wooded area where they were standing and told them what he had just found. He also mentioned being eaten up and was scratching all over. They are absolutely positive he was in shorts, long sleeve shirt and cap since he was doing this in front of them.
Remember...our apprehension was higher in our home than any others since we knew about the store incident. No one else knew about this until I posted it. That is reason in itself for any family or friend of mine to be a little spooked to speak to Brad. JMO

NOTE. I noticed while catching up in the previous thread posts have brought posts in their ENTIRETY from TOPIX. This is NOT allowed UNLESS you have permission from poster whom you are copying. What you CAN do is bring a snip then link to post, that we will allow. (good stuff found and brought over btw ;) )

Sorry to be the posting dolt but I am not sure I know what you mean, if I'm not the offender, dont need to respond, thanks Christine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member