Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurse- I am missing the info on the 10:30pm phone call my dearest nbm.
LOL! sorry blinkyboo!

Also.......apologies for the bumps..but I wanted to repost them here because they are very insightful into bc's personality

Also, if anyone didn't read it...I posted earlier in this thread that bc was not registered for ironmanusa (lake placid) or any other ironman events for that matter. My hubby is an ironman triathlete and he helped me check the registrations. And NO BRAD COOPER is registered as of this morning

Haven't seen any news today, but that was my understanding of what happened.
thanks :) it was on the Fox News program Gregg Jarrett was anchoring about a couple of hours ago. I agree with others that he'll fight this, maybe just because his lawyer will advise it. As for him being the best person to take care of the little girls, I don't think so.

thanks :) it was on the Fox News program Gregg Jarrett was anchoring about a couple of hours ago. I agree with others that he'll fight this, maybe just because his lawyer will advise it. As for him being the best person to take care of the little girls, I don't think so.

Will he be able to contest the custody assignment if he is arrested and charged with murder?

If he's not in jail, he'll fight- Hard. His family will finally surface and they will back him 1000%. The key to this is the transcript at the ex parte hearing in chamber- LE testified, they do not remove children from parents who have not been charged, to the care of grandparents to allow them to leave the US, well, that I have found, ever.. If anyone knows the Prothonotary there, request a copy, guessing it is sealed...

I'm wondering if the father didn't start working on the custody case before he ever came to Cary. He had something to do with Social Services in Canada, he would have known how to get the ball rolling. It just seemed to happen so fast. Nothing in North Carolina happens that fast, at least not in the "sticks" where I live.

Will he be able to contest the custody assignment if he is arrested and charged with murder?
I wouldn't think so because he'd probably be in jail (no bail) and wouldn't be able to care for the children anyway.

I'm wondering if the father didn't start working on the custody case before he ever came to Cary. He had something to do with Social Services in Canada, he would have known how to get the ball rolling. It just seemed to happen so fast. Nothing in North Carolina happens that fast, at least not in the "sticks" where I live.
It surprised me too, and I think that's why I still have so many questions about it. I could definitely see the need for the hearing if he'd been arrested so the girls wouldn't go to foster care, but now it does seem it was something the parents had in mind and were ready for "if anything ever happened" to Nancy.

I was amazed at the speed the custody determination took place simply based on NC's sister and parent's allegations.

I pretty sure emergency ex-parte hearings happen quickly pretty much everywhere.

the thought that i got as i read calgary's posts again were that the threat of suicide in the winter sure goes along with the passive aggressiveness. it was his way of controling the situation without arguing.

the thought that i got as i read calgary's posts again were that the threat of suicide in the winter sure goes along with the passive aggressiveness. it was his way of controling the situation without arguing.
I also got the impression he wouldn't be confrontational, so somehow that doesn't go with getting into a heated argument, stabbing or bludgeoning her. I could see strangulation though while she was asleep since that would be him controlling a passive victim. MOO

Wow, Thanks again...Nurse! I had missed the post from RKAB! It is a real eye-opener.

I can't imagine how it feels to be in her shoes right now. I would be a bit freaked out if it were me tho. You never really know someone or what they are capable of.

Not sure how that will work in NC (IF he is arrested) but OJ was able to get custody. I believe it was during his criminal trial.

Maybe she had them in the car because she was afraid if they were in the house and if she had to leave FAST...she would be able to drive straight to the airport. Also, maybe he never looked in the car and she felt it was a "safe" place from him...until he surprised her. This to me is a clue that she was frightened of him and had a plan to exit if things exploded. Unfortunately, she never had that chance.
SS, I agree it was a part of Nancy's plan in the event of a big ugly show down. Nancy KNEW things were geting ready to hit the fan and she wanted to be prepared for the sake of the girls. I wonder if she had made plans to leave? And Brad found out and didn't want child support, etc...and one thing led to another and he killed her.

I also got the impression he wouldn't be confrontational, so somehow that doesn't go with getting into a heated argument, stabbing or bludgeoning her. I could see strangulation though while she was asleep since that would be him controlling a passive victim. MOO

unless he had help. i seem to remember in one of the articles it saying they're looking for possibly more than one person involved.

Yes, the presumption of innocense applies regardless, however, he would not physically be able to care for them as he would be in lock up.
However, he does not lose his parental rights or ability to request a guardian of his choice, and then the judge rules on the best interest of the children among appropriate petitioners.

If he is not in jail, he WILL contest, if he is, I would bet he would AGREE to the temporary custody going to NC parents, stipulating their return if he made bail, dropped charges, blah blah. There is no incentive for him to fight them and he will just look bad- er.

Not sure how that will work in NC (IF he is arrested) but OJ was able to get custody. I believe it was during his criminal trial.
IIRC, OJ got custody of the children back after he was acquitted in the criminal trial. He was in jail before and during the trial. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC