Nancy Grace - 10/27/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know this is awful, and I'm sorry to have to even type it. What if she had placed her in the sandbox and used the shovel to put her in the "new container"?
I don't think she used a new container unless it was a garbage bag. I think it is possible it "leaked" as she was taking it to the car which would account for the other "hits" in the backyard.

She could have used the shovel for trying to turn dirt over which showed blood or bodily fluids tho. Whatever she did...unless she stuck it in the pool or otherwise washed it off...it should show on the shovel soil samples.

No idea, but I really can't imagine Casey handling Caylee's body at that point. It would be a horrid sight. If she was buried in the backyard unprotected, it seems bodily fluids would be detected in the soil. Were soil samples taken from the area where the dogs hit?

I just do not see how she moved the body from the backyard threw the house into the garage and into the trunk. i would think the backyard, house and garage would stink of decomp. anybody got a theory on this one? I just don't see how the grandparents and their dogs did not smell something?? of course we may never know.

Funny, I used someone else's credit card at Walmart a few days ago and showed my own driver's license. The cashier looked at both names and never said a word.
Then they should be fired. :p Kind of like Casey signing her own name to Amy's check!

I've always thought that. I thought maybe she was under the trunk... you know, where the spare tire goes? And George didn't see her but Casey was afraid he would smell her.

I always thought that Caylee was in the trunk on the 24th! Hopefully this will all come out at the trail.

LP............will be meeting with Tim on Nov. 7th. Over 7000 people wanting to search, and close to the $50,000 dollar mark!!!

Sorry for jumping in here...just read this and I have goose bumps all over!!!!
YIPPEEE!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The report says that Caylee had been deceased for 2.6 days when she was removed from the car, not that she'd been in the car for 2.6 days while deceased. In other words, when she was removed from the car, she'd been dead almost 3 days.

I didn't see anywhere in the report where it says how long she had been deceased when removed. Just that evidence of 2.6 days of decomposition was in the car. That could mean anything. Was she placed in the trunk for 2.6 days after she died? Or did she die in the trunk and was left there for 2.6 days before she was moved? At some point either her body or something that absorbed the decomp odor was put in the back yard because the dogs hit on it.

This 2.6 days business has me confused. If I've understood it correctly, it could mean one of three things:

1. Caylee was either killed in the trunk or placed there shortly thereafter and remained in the trunk for 2.6 days. (Yuck, hate this part - body not sealed.)

2. Caylee was killed elsewhere. Positioned somewhere (eg. in the sandbox) for 2.6 days and then placed in the trunk and transfered somewhere. (Body not sealed.)

3. Positioned in the trunk 2.6 days after she was killed for a period of time, removed, sealed and placed back in the trunk.

At some point at roughly 2.6 days, her body (not sealed) was placed in the trunk but if she was subsequently sealed in some sort of container, could she not have been placed back into the trunk without forensic evidence being left behind?

Thinking out loud here.

The body that was present and removed from the car was releasing chemicals that would be released at 2.6 days with the temperature estimates they used.

They do not make claim as to when she was placed there or how long she remained there. Only the state of decay present.

If she had been buried in the yard for a week and then moved to the trunk the chemical profile would have been different. The body releases over 400 gases during decomp, and they appear at different points of decay.

I cannot think of a container that would hold all of those gases. If there was one cadaver dogs could not locate bodies in rubbermaid containers, water cadaver dogs could not dectect bodies in concrete. There is no containing all of those chemicals.

I just do not see how she moved the body from the backyard threw the house into the garage and into the trunk. i would think the backyard, house and garage would stink of decomp. anybody got a theory on this one? I just don't see how the grandparents and their dogs did not smell something?? of course we may never know.
Isn't there a side door into the garage so she would not have to enter the house? I wonder if she didn't simply take her around the house then into the garage to load her while slightly backed in. As soon as she closed the trunk and left...not sure how long the smell would have lingered there. Or maybe the car wasn't in the garage at all when she loaded the body which would make the most sense.

Then they should be fired. :p Kind of like Casey signing her own name to Amy's check!

I thought for sure I was going to be arrested or at least taken into a back room for a good talking to. I use the card, which belongs to my spouse, all the time. Walmart has never asked for ID before. The cashier said it's a random thing prompted by the computer. I couldn't believe she didn't notice the names being different, one being female and one being male.

I didn't see anywhere in the report where it says how long she had been deceased when removed. Just that evidence of 2.6 days of decomposition was in the car. That could mean anything. Was she placed in the trunk for 2.6 days after she died? Or did she die in the trunk and was left there for 2.6 days before she was moved? At some point either her body or something that absorbed the decomp odor was put in the back yard because the dogs hit on it.

did the A's have a chest freezer? this could be a stretch, but maybe she put her in the bottom of a chest freezer. then went back and put her in the trunk. i have heard freezing a body slows decomp. At this point with what we have been given anything is possible.

Observing KC's body language throughout this thing, I too believe she's cocky and sure the body will not be found. I feel certain about that, just having lived long enough to read human nature. There's something about her strut that convinces me of this.

So here's the question. Even if the remains were burned or (ugh) the body was fed to the alligators, could a careful search still come up with something? I think a burn site and ashes are a possibility but the alligators, I don't know. Maybe a bone left?

She just seems so sure she did a bang up job with the disposal and someone cleaned up after her to such an extent that she could indeed walk away from this.

My impression of Casey is she's not that smart to have pulled off a murder and dispose of the body in a manner in which no evidence is ever found. She couldn't even come up with a convincing lie. She did many stupid things like thinking a pizza would overcome the smell of decomp in the trunk, or if LP is right, deodorant would cover the smell. There's just too many things that point to Casey not being smart enough to pull off the perfect crime.

Caylee being in the trunk on the 24th conflicts with the forensic reports showing 2.6 days of decomp.

I *think* that the 2.6 days was simply the initial time that Caylee was directly laying in the trunk deceased *before* being placed in a container and move around.

Originally Posted by Chilly Willy

I strongly believe that whatever happened to Caylee happened on the 16th, sometime after George last saw her and before Casey arrived at Tony's apartment. That would have been middle of the day on the 16th, meaning that Caylee's body was removed from the car on the evening of the 19th or maybe early on the 20th. We Those are the pings we need to look at.

This is what I think as well Chilly.

(The ping threads are in the sticky section at the top of the forum.)

If time of death is the afternoon of the 16th then
afternoon of 17th= 1 day
afternoon of the 18th= 2 days
.6 days= 14.4 hours= early in the morning on the 19th

On the 19th she looks at an apt with Tony, does not have her ID with her so she can't go to the unit. Is also possibly the day she visits Chris for 2 hours in the evening but is driving Tony's jeep (he wasn't sure of the day).

Hurricane or Tropical Storm Fay (we call it the storm that wouldn't leave) hit the area the end of August and that area got over 15 inches but flooding was really bad. That dampened TES search quite a bit. I think Caylee if she was in that area would have been under water or washed away. Also remember we had alot of bad rainstorms since Fay too during our wet season. The last storm being last week but since then it has been dry so hopefully they can search without an issue. Mid October starts dry season (aka fire season) so there is really low to no chance of rain at all.

Thanks GirlinCentralFL! For some reason, I had it in my mind that Fay was earlier. So when Casey disposed of Caylee, it was prior to Fay and other big storms.

What the report shows is that a body that had been in the car released gases consistent with a body that had been deceased for 2.6 days. Other gases, released from a longer deceased body, were not present. That doesn't mean Caylee's body was in the trunk for a full 2.6 days, just that she hadn't been dead any longer than that when her body was removed from the trunk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back