Nancy Grace ---- Thursday 12/11/08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
why would she have tossed her aside so casually...no digging...did she want her to be found? OMG the questions never end!!!!

I'm with you. It makes no sense. NO SENSE! I was so sure she'd left the baby for alligators with the way she smiled and strutted into court the first time. She seemed so confident the body wouldn't be found. And she dumped little Caylee 3 blocks from home... dumped her on the ground? Even if it was in waist high water, still not exactly very cagey.

She's a small town girl with small town ideas. Thank g-d.

I want to remind everyone that Greta Van Susteran will probably be covering this tonight. She was on earlier this afternoon discussing the case. She's on at 10:00pm eastern on the national Fox News channel.

Not FILLED with sand, a few grains of sand stuck to the duct tape. Leading them to think the body was in the sandbox at some point - LE sifting around the backyard before getting a warrant could have been to check to see if the sandbox was still there. That would be probable cause for sure to search ALL of the A property - it dies a dead body to their backyard.

Okay I see that, if they have enough to test - a few granuals wouldn't do it but if there was some in the bag after they dried it -

I agree with one of the psychologist on NG, Casey threw her away in a trash bag, she threw her away like a piece of trash

I want to remind everyone that Greta Van Susteran will probably be covering this tonight. She was on earlier this afternoon discussing the case. She's on at 10:00pm eastern on the national Fox News channel.

Thanks Leila.

Thats the crime scene cam - not the house cam

Would LE be declaring this a crime scene and marking it off with crime scene tape unless they already knew the remains were Caylee?

I know they have a search warrant or at least have one pending but didn't I hear someone say they have declared this a crime scene?

Thanks for reporting to us Nancy Graceless' folks. I'm really curious too, about all these officers searching at the A's. I wonder if the skull could have showed some type of trauma. So many possibilities.

Apparently you were correct. I never really believed she buried her. In fact, I had a hunch she borrowed the shovel with the intention of burying her, then quickly returned it when she realized the job was so labor intensive; or, even threw her down a sewer drain. No, I'm not surprised. Still makes me sick to hear it.:mad:

The shovel being returned after she realized how hard it would be to dig a hole makes sense. Here is what I think happened, this is the same location that Tony says she called and says she ran out of gas. He described it as a back route she takes to cut through the neighborhood. When he got there she was walking to the Anthony's house, he says they went to the house, pried the shed open and went back for the car. She was insistent that she put the gas in herself. Tony says this was the 23rd to his recollection, but her text messages say it is the 20th, and the neighbor saw the green "truck" and a guy there with her on the 20th. If she did truly run out of gas at this spot on the 20th, she couldn't walk away from an abandoned car with a dead body in the trunk, so she walked in to the woods and dumped the bag. She clearly went in just far enough to not be seen from the road, the same distance our peeing utility worker would have gone. If Tony's date is mistaken and it is the 20th, that fits really closely with the forensic reports as well.

I wonder if she borrowed the shovel on the 18th to pry the shed open but couldn't get it done? Tony doesn't say whose idea it was to pry the door open, just that he did with his golfclub if I recall correctly.

Yes they declared the A's house a crime scene - thats what NG reported and the reporter outside the house said

Would LE be declaring this a crime scene and marking it off with crime scene tape unless they already knew the remains were Caylee?

I know they have a search warrant or at least have one pending but didn't I hear someone say they have declared this a crime scene?

Good point!

I am with SuzieQ here.. I don't have cable and can't watch... type faster...LOL!!!!
I am sooo glad I am finally able o get in here... been soooo busy all day!!!!!!!!

I am a daily reader but don't post often... but I do sleuth right along with U

I wasn't able to got on the board most of the afternoon and was surprised that I was able to get in just before the NG program. But the board is running very slowing now.

I have a question. The sheriff has said that the remains were in the water at some point. TM has said the remains were in that position for some time. If the remains were in/under water wouldn't they have floated while there was water in there?

Did anybody happen to notice the commercial for LKL tomorrow night? The
Anthonys are going to appear again "to discuss the skeletal remains found near their home." Is anyone as outraged about this as I am? Is this just me or what? The skeletal remains of your missing granddaughter have most likely been found and you can't resist the lure of the television cameras again?! Out of all the nauseating things they have done this has me the most sick. If I needed something to prove to me that these people aren't normal, this is it. I think I'm grieving more than they are.

The shovel being returned after she realized how hard it would be to dig a hole makes sense. Here is what I think happened, this is the same location that Tony says she called and says she ran out of gas. He described it as a back route she takes to cut through the neighborhood. When he got there she was walking to the Anthony's house, he says they went to the house, pried the shed open and went back for the car. She was insistent that she put the gas in herself. Tony says this was the 23rd to his recollection, but her text messages say it is the 20th, and the neighbor saw the green "truck" and a guy there with her on the 20th. If she did truly run out of gas at this spot on the 20th, she couldn't walk away from an abandoned car with a dead body in the trunk, so she walked in to the woods and dumped the bag. She clearly went in just far enough to not be seen from the road, the same distance our peeing utility worker would have gone. If Tony's date is mistaken and it is the 20th, that fits really closely with the forensic reports as well.

I wonder if she borrowed the shovel on the 18th to pry the shed open but couldn't get it done? Tony doesn't say whose idea it was to pry the door open, just that he did with his golfclub if I recall correctly.

That does fit the timeline doesn't it - ties it up real nice - if she borrowed the shovel to gt the gas cans, the shovel would have chips on the blade I would think

Wow the boyfriend comes over and she dumps the baby - I hope Cindy didn't get that Mother of the Year trophy back yet

Anthonys are going to appear again "to discuss the skeletal remains found near their home." Is anyone as outraged about this as I am? Is this just me or what? The skeletal remains of your missing granddaughter have most likely been found and you can't resist the lure of the television cameras again?! Out of all the nauseating things they have done this has me the most sick. If I needed something to prove to me that these people aren't normal, this is it. I think I'm grieving more than they are.

I think it's beyond ridiculous. This would be the least of my worries (going on national TV) if law enforcement had just told me that a childs remains had just been located near my home and were possibly my missing granddaughter.

And LK should be ashamed!

I have grieved for this precious angel so much. I pray for her each and every day. I broke down and cried today when the news broke and my husband just held me.

That IS good that TES called off the first search. TM is a good person to speak to speak to media and relate the issues of losing a child or searching. BUT for Tim to paint the picture that he was right in calling off the search is hooey considering he also said a month ago that she'd never be found, AND if it had been up to his words, she would not have been. I don't think he should be front and center since he left.

That IS good that TES called off the first search. TM is a good person to speak to speak to media and relate the issues of losing a child or searching. BUT for Tim to paint the picture that he was right in calling off the search is hooey considering he also said a month ago that she'd never be found, AND if it had been up to his words, she would not have been. I don't think he should be front and center since he left.

Well, you're entitled to that opinion, but TM's words don't actually have effects in the world in terms of finding a body. His opinion as someone with much experience searching for dead bodies was that Caylee was most likely unfindable at this point in time.

Yes, he was wrong about that. How does that impact the fact that, in retrospect, he was right to call of the search due to high water? They're two different judgments; one was wrong and the other was right. If people on this board were taken to task for every wrong judgment we'd made about this case...well, many of us would be hearing about it all night long. Luckily, we are not all spokespeople for searches for living or dead people or for investigators, etc. We are sleuths doing what we can from where we are and with the time and resources we have--that can do a lot! TM is a spokesperson because he runs a successful non-profit that locates people.

Was it just me or did it seem like LP was seriously fighting back tears when he was on Nancy Grace tonight? He looked like he was ready to bawl...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back