Nancy Grace - Zahra coverage

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't happen often - but tonight I got angry.

First, I feel as an American that I need to apologize to all our Australian friends and members for our media that will say anything and disparage anyone just for ratings.

IMO it was disgusting the way JVM bashed biomom. I was floored and I hurt for her. We (nobody) knows what documentation she has to prove she had been looking for Zahra. She did say that she had a friend who got a hold of her to tell her when Zahra was sick. Yes, she could have found the articles online. What if she did and contacted AB (or KB) to ask to see her and was told to "stay away" ? We don't know that's not what happened - yet.

And if our MSM is going to bash biomom - then what about KB? After all she is grandma and was in Australia as well when this all went down. KB says she didn't know where they were - that EB, AB and Zahra left "rather abruptly" and not on good terms. Can I call FOUL on that? We have seen where she was a friend on AB's facebook - and you want me to believe she hadn't been in contact? Nope - sorry I ain't. And, if she had, in fact, been in contact then how come she didn't know what was going on? Had she talked to Zahra? Had she wondered why she was always given excuse after excuse for Zahra "not being there"? Who's that sound like? I'm not saying that's what happened but she (KB) was available online to "find them" as well.

Biomom has two other children and a husband. While I agree Zahra should have been a high priority for her - but what about the children she has now? Life goes on and every mom with 2+ children know how "busy" life can become. We don't know their financial situation - maybe there were times when she couldn't afford internet service? She was pregnant twice - that's 18 months total right there - pregnancy consumes a lot of time in the new mother's life.

Ok - I feel better now. But I will not sit idly by while some talking head on a television disparages a grieving mother with "ideas" and "notions" of what they think they know!

I'm not one who follows NG very closely (although, I have seen the show a few times)...does she always get info this screwed up? I've followed this case VERY closely from the very begining, and it just seems to me like she really doesn't have 1/2 a clue.

Is it just me?

here's the thing. With NG and much of HLN CNN's programming, it is advertised as News & Views. IMO Nancy does a lot of speculating just as we do here, only she does not back it up with links or explain how she got from point A to point G, if you know what I mean.

MOO Nancy is not a good newsource to quote facts but is a good show for many in that she is on every night - discussing our cases that we are following.

BTW and still on topic, I am not a fan of what was "reported" here about NG bashing bio mum. We don't know what mom did or did not do and it is irrelevant. At this point - no matter what went down in the past, we know 100% that neither she nor Gramma Karen had anything to do with what happened to Zahra.

The equivalent of kicking someone when down, again, IMO

BTW not intended as NG bashing as I know exactly wher to go for that ;)

First, I feel as an American that I need to apologize to all our Australian friends and members for our media that will say anything and disparage anyone just for ratings.

IMO it was disgusting the way JVM bashed biomom. I was floored and I hurt for her. We (nobody) knows what documentation she has to prove she had been looking for Zahra. She did say that she had a friend who got a hold of her to tell her when Zahra was sick. Yes, she could have found the articles online. What if she did and contacted AB (or KB) to ask to see her and was told to "stay away" ? We don't know that's not what happened - yet.

And if our MSM is going to bash biomom - then what about KB? After all she is grandma and was in Australia as well when this all went down. KB says she
didn't know where they were - that EB, AB and Zahra left "rather abruptly" and not on good terms. Can I call FOUL on that? We have seen where she was a friend on AB's facebook - and you want me to believe she hadn't been in contact? Nope - sorry I ain't. And, if she had, in fact, been in contact then how come she didn't know what was going on? Had she talked to Zahra? Had she wondered why she was always given excuse after excuse for Zahra "not being there"? Who's that sound like? I'm not saying that's what happened but she (KB) was available online to "find them" as well.

Biomom has two other children and a husband. While I agree Zahra should have been a high priority for her - but what about the children she has now? Life goes on and every mom with 2+ children know how "busy" life can become. We don't know their financial situation - maybe there were times when she couldn't afford internet service? She was pregnant twice - that's 18
months total right there - pregnancy consumes a lot of time in the new mother's life.

Ok - I feel better now. But I will not sit idly by while some talking head on a television disparages a grieving mother with "ideas" and "notions" of what they think they know!

I wholeheartedly agree. Why is it soooooo believable that KB was unable to stay in touch with him and the same courtesy not be paid in biomom's direction??? Enough with attacking this very innocent person!!!!! As far as I'm concerned, she undoubtedly had NOTHING to do with Zahras condition or disappearance so her involvement in AU is irrelevant. I say, "Lets talk some more about AB."

thank you and I agree with your sentiments MK! One question, has it ever been established that KB abd AB kept in touch? I thought I saw in very early interviews with KB (I think in Australian press) that she stated she had not realy been in contact with AB since he left for the US?

thank you and I agree with your sentiments MK! One question, has it ever been established that KB abd AB kept in touch? I thought I saw in very early interviews with KB (I think in Australian press) that she stated she had not realy been in contact with AB since he left for the US?
Yes, tl - and that's an inconsistency in KB's statement. She hadn't really been in contact. But I saw it - she was a "friend" on AB's facebook. She at least had contact there. You have to "accept" a friend request.

So, something ain't fittin' , it just ain't fittin'.

JMHO

It has always been my understanding that KB and AB had a falling out about him taking Z to the US. From everything I've read, I've been lead to believe that they hadn't had contact.

But, I guess I could be wrong.

then perhaps those initial statements where made while out of contact briefly and unable to find out from the horse's mouth the seriousness of the situation. Perhaps that initial statement about being out of touch was for someone specific's benefit. Someone who had been making inquiries as to AB's whereabouts.

All specualtion and wondering.

IMO, it looks as if they or AB, dismembered her. No way, IMO, that she had a virus and/or recurrence of cancer and Daddy dismembers his own child so he and/or wife won't get in trouble. No way in hell he's only involved in the disposal of the body. Will never believe it.

BBM

Me neither. If Zahra died from being ill due to a virus or cancer, what could possibly lead these two to dispose of her remains in such a horrendous way that she cannot be found whole. And concoct the crazy kidnapped by mistaken identity scheme?

Yes people, please bring the mother who was half way around the world when her father was in the same house. And I dare say that if the situation was reversed with the father being half way around the world, he would be blameless, but the mother would again be bashed not only because the child was dead, but because she took the child away from the father. Good grief..............

ITA!! Maybe she didn't have the skills or the means to keep tracking him down. Maybe LE over there would not listen to her. I dislike judging this woman without knowing the full story.

do we know when AB opened his FB account or when he and KB befriended each other?

Thank you Wise Old Owl, I got to you post and have read no further. I too have passed the point here. How do we know what Emily did or did not do? Do we KNOW she contacted the hospital and they gave her medical records, but never an address?

No, but I BELIEVE it! The Baker's kept Zahra from her Mother. And they were wrong!

Neglect a child, and that child dies, you are guilty of murder in my book. Desecrate that body, does not make you not guilty.....Have a child living in your home you never see???????????

And if our MSM is going to bash biomom - then what about KB? After all she is grandma and was in Australia as well when this all went down. KB says she didn't know where they were - that EB, AB and Zahra left "rather abruptly" and not on good terms. Can I call FOUL on that? We have seen where she was a friend on AB's facebook - and you want me to believe she hadn't been in contact? Nope - sorry I ain't. And, if she had, in fact, been in contact then how come she didn't know what was going on? Had she talked to Zahra? Had she wondered why she was always given excuse after excuse for Zahra "not being there"? Who's that sound like? I'm not saying that's what happened but she (KB) was available online to "find them" as well.

Biomom has two other children and a husband. While I agree Zahra should have been a high priority for her - but what about the children she has now? Life goes on and every mom with 2+ children know how "busy" life can become. We don't know their financial situation - maybe there were times when she couldn't afford internet service? She was pregnant twice - that's 18 months total right there - pregnancy consumes a lot of time in the new mother's life.

Thank you for that, nicely put. :blowkiss:

It's a mystery to me why AB is not locked up. Of course, they need corraboration of EB's stories, and he may be refuting them. Still... he needs to be accountable for whatever happened to his daughter. It was his place to take care of her. EB was just the stepmother, Zahra was not her responsibility. Yes, I know she married him, she took on the child as well, but she was not the parent, he was.
This has to be the craziest case I've ever seen!

We have seen where she was a friend on AB's facebook - and you want me to believe she hadn't been in contact? Nope - sorry I ain't. And, if she had, in fact, been in contact then how come she didn't know what was going on? Had she talked to Zahra? Had she wondered why she was always given excuse after excuse for Zahra "not being there"? Who's that sound like? I'm not saying that's what happened but she (KB) was available online to "find them" as well.
Adam Baker didn't even have a facebook at the start of this. I remember him showing up several days after Zahra was reported missing. So the assumption that he was "friends" with his mom and facebook and as such she could have located him is incorrect. However, Elisa appears to have had an account for awhile and I'd assume KB knew her name. BUT she was mad and not speaking with them because they just up and left.

Life goes on? Too busy? Has other children now? :( :( :( :( :(

I agree. We do not know the state of finances for EB. We do not know her intelligence as far as knowing what resources to go to. There are cases where the father takes off to the middle east and virtually impossible to find.

AB seems that he did not have follow up Dr. care for her the entire time in the United States. Perhaps that is why home school... maybe shot records not required. I suspect home school was in fact.. NO SCHOOL..it was just a nice way of saying she didnt go to a public or private school.

EB does not need to be judged. She seems like a worn and torn woman. I know some women who just do NOT know the proper channels to go through to find a child. I think that she had no idea where to look at this point. I suspect she was intimated by AB also.

I find it very sad that JVM and NG would bash this woman. The woman lost her daughter twice. Give her a break. If she gave custody perhaps she was doing the best she could.. the thing someone told me once .. an x is an x beacause you know he isnt a good person to you.. but you trust him with his own flesh and blood...

shame on both Jane Valez and Nancy Grace and their guest.

Shame on them both !

Yes ... natural death due to an illness and desecration of a body (if true) are polar extremes. Even if you didn't want to notify authorities ... to resort to destroying the body can only lead to one conclusion ... a desperate need to cover-up something very bad.

To me, if desecration occurred then it is more likely that murder occurred ... it is a stretch to believe you'd take someone who died of natural causes and destroy the remains in the horrific manner suggested by EB.

There can be no connection between a 'Father' and his 'Daughter' ... shades of Casey Anthony and horrific images and nightmares of the change from being 'full of life' to being ... [censored]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman