Nascar star Jimmie Johnson’s in-laws and nephew dead in suspected murder suicide 6/27/2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DS2021

Reaction score

The article is too short to quote, but the wife is currently the suspect

Johnson’s mother-in-law, Terry Janway, 68, allegedly shot and killed her 69-year-old husband, Jack Janway, and their grandson, Dalton, before turning the gun on herself in their Muskogee home.

Such a tragedy.

Three relatives of NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson were found dead Monday at a home in Muskogee, Oklahoma, after authorities were called to a disturbance involving a firearm.

The three were identified as 69-year-old Jack Janway, his 68-year-old wife Terry Janway, and their 11-year-old grandson Dalton Janway, the Muskogee Police Department said in a news release.

Such a tragedy.

Three relatives of NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson were found dead Monday at a home in Muskogee, Oklahoma, after authorities were called to a disturbance involving a firearm.

The three were identified as 69-year-old Jack Janway, his 68-year-old wife Terry Janway, and their 11-year-old grandson Dalton Janway, the Muskogee Police Department said in a news release.
Awfully sad news that someone killed and killed a child that was related to them. Why was the grandchild at the home of the grandparents, I wonder. Makes me feel more than a little ill.

"Police said the deaths are being investigated as a murder-suicide and Terry Janway is considered a suspect, CBS affiliate KOTV reported.

Johnson's racing team, Legacy Motor Club, said in a statement that Johnson was withdrawing from Sunday's Grant Park 220 NASCAR Cup Series event in Chicago."

https://www.cbsnews.com/sacramento/news/jimmie-johnson-in-laws-grandson-dead-muskogee-oklahoma-chandra-janway/

Either too early to disclose much information or just not much information is known at this time. Short article.

TRAGIC DEATH: NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson’s in-laws and their 11-year-old grandson were killed in an apparent murder-suicide Monday.

Jun 27, 2023 Updated 2 hrs ago

[..] The parents and nephew of race car driver Jimmie Johnson’s wife, Chandra Janway Johnson, were killed Monday at a home in Muskogee, Oklahoma, according to a news release from the Muskogee Police Department. A police spokesperson told CNN it was a suspected murder-suicide.

On Monday, police received a 911 call from a woman who said “someone” had a gun and then hung up, according to the release.

“When officers arrived on scene they saw a subject laying in the hallway inside the front door,” the release read. “Shortly after arriving officers heard another gunshot from further inside the house.” [..]

This case truly makes no sense.

There were no warning signs that made police believe NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson’s mother-in-law might murder her husband and 11-year-old grandson at the family’s home on Monday night, authorities told PEOPLE this week.

Investigators in Muskogee, Oklahoma believe Terry Janway, 68, shot and killed her husband Jack, 69, and Johnson’s nephew Dalton before shooting herself when officers arrived on the scene shortly after 9 pm local time.

Muskogee public information officer Lynn Hamlin told PEOPLE on Tuesday that the department received no prior calls about domestic violence situations at the home

This is such a strange case, I cannot get my brain around it. Female family annihilators are rare and in most of those cases, it's a mother who usually only kills her child/children and herself. Typically, the child/children are very young. Also, women rarely use guns to commit crimes or suicide. This is definitely a weird one! I feel horribly for the surviving family members, especially the young boy's parents!

This is such a strange case, I cannot get my brain around it. Female family annihilators are rare and in most of those cases, it's a mother who usually only kills her child/children and herself. Typically, the child/children are very young. Also, women rarely use guns to commit crimes or suicide. This is definitely a weird one! I feel horribly for the surviving family members, especially the young boy's parents!

(First of all, I think I recognize your handle from a forum that goes by the initials CC. It might just be a reference I don’t get that someone else is using too, in which case ignore.)

But yes: it does seem like we are seeing more female family annihilators. :/

(First of all, I think I recognize your handle from a forum that goes by the initials CC. It might just be a reference I don’t get that someone else is using too, in which case ignore.)

But yes: it does seem like we are seeing more female family annihilators. :/

Yep, that's me. I don't post as frequently on these forums, though I do follow them daily. This case specifically is so confusing and unusual that I could not resist commenting. It is so different from the majority of the cases that I follow here.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

Websleuths will go dark if we don't raise the money for the server.

We have raised a little over 400 dollars.

We need another $1,300.00 to have enough to pay for the server.
Below are the ways you can donate.
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Be sure and put "server" in the memo.

The advertising has been awful this year. I am so sorry that I have to ask.

Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.

I will post when we have reached our goal.

Please do not discuss on this thread.
CLICK HERE to post any questions.

Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com
P.S. I will post when we have reached our goal
on this thread

Last edited:

7/11/2023 12:42 PM PT​

Eerie police body cam footage has emerged from the response to the home of NASCAR superstar Jimmie Johnson's in-laws ... revealing his mother-in-law shot herself just as officers arrived.
That was..... alot. I'm not so sure that should've been released

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB
Back