Nascar star Jimmie Johnson’s in-laws and nephew dead in suspected murder suicide 6/27/2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If you or someone you know is in crisis, call 988 to reach the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline. You can also call the network, previously known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, at 800-273-8255, text HOME to 741741 or visit SpeakingOfSuicide.com/resources for additional resources.

The only way I can make sense of this is if the child accidentally shot himself or the grandfather and then the grandmother could not handle the implications of that. Or, if she herself accidentally shot one or the other of them, thinking they were an intruder(s) and then couldn't handle the implications of that. I can't fathom a scenario in which she deliberately killed both of them and then herself.

That was..... alot. I'm not so sure that should've been released
The police are required to release this and I actually applaud them for doing so.
I also would note how professional these officers are responding to this call. They are calm, communicating with each other, they don't panic when they hear the gun shot.

Could there have been some undiagnosed Alzheimer's or dementia?
I wouldn't think dementia, but perhaps some other mental illness? or a medication issue that went awry? It is just odd. Elderly spouses are involved in murder/suicides for various reasons. It happens. But why include the grandson? That is truly odd. There very well may be an important piece of information that is known but just not public. Regardless, a very sad situation.

The police are required to release this and I actually applaud them for doing so.
I also would note how professional these officers are responding to this call. They are calm, communicating with each other, they don't panic when they hear the gun shot.
Thank you for the explanation, @PrairieWind. iirc, an OH (officers calm and engaging w/each other too) case recently released a similar video which included a woman's screams and a much more disturbing video. However, not claiming that this video isn't disturbing. MOO

Jul. 11 2023, Published 3:21 p.m. ET

[...] Terry and Jack's 16-year-old grandson, Seth Robison, revealed in a recent interview that his grandfather had a gun collection at home and that his grandmother may have "snapped."

"My grandmother, she was a very sweet lady. If you met her she was the nicest person you ever met in your life. And I guess, unknown to me, and quite a lot of other people, she had been struggling with depression and stuff we didn't know about until it was too late," he explained after the tragedy.

[...] "About nine years ago my grandparents lost their son — my uncle — in a skydiving accident, and I now believe that's what started her descent into depression," he continued, confessing he believed that his grandmother "never intended to harm" her husband or grandchild.

Thank you for the explanation, @PrairieWind. iirc, an OH (officers calm and engaging w/each other too) case recently released a similar video which included a woman's screams and a much more disturbing video. However, not claiming that this video isn't disturbing. MOO
Tried to message you but it wont let me - could you pls tell me what this is referencing

People seem to forget that some family annihilators where mental illness is present kill their families and themselves because they think 1) their family can't survive without them (maybe they take care of things around the house or are the main source of income etc) or 2) they think if they all go out together they can be together.

I've witnessed this mostly with women & their children, but perhaps it applies here.

Tried to message you but it wont let me - could you pls tell me what this is referencing
It was in reference to the arrest video of Chad Doerman in Ohio.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forensicsdropout
Back