National List Of Problem Teachers Is Now Public

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, SCM :) I always wonder why so much vitriol is directed at teachers. Most of us are just like everyone else; we have the same virtues and vices.

It's legal again! I swear, google it!

I've heard certain concotions are legal. It isn't quite what it once was, I don't think. But I may be wrong. It's still pretty powerful stuff, I'd imagine. Do you become 'The Green Fairy' in class? LOL! :p

I could not agree more. I have always wondered why our teachers aren't paid six figures+. We say our children and the next generation are our most important assets. I guess our country really doesn't believe that because we absolutely do not put our money where our mouth is. Just one more example of our backwards priorities.
When I retired, I had 20 years of experience and a Master's. I still only made $51,000. That is sad.

I've heard certain concotions are legal. It isn't quite what it once was, I don't think. But I may be wrong. It's still pretty powerful stuff, I'd imagine. Do you become 'The Green Fairy' in class? LOL! :p

Believe it or not, I have never imbibed the substance. I mostly am just enamored of the history and romance surrounding absinthe. I love the sugar cube ritual.

Believe it or not, I have never imbibed the substance. I mostly am just enamored of the history and romance surrounding absinthe. I love the sugar cube ritual.

Like The Lanfray murders of 1905? The sugar cube ritual is interesting, I'll grant you that.

LOLZZZZZ, I meant 100 posts! I don't think there's a way for any teacher to top 100 without going into admin.
LOL...I was thinking...LUCKY gal! LMAO!!!
:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Like The Lanfray murders of 1905? The sugar cube ritual is interesting, I'll grant you that.

I'm not familiar with the Lanfray murders, I'll have to look that up. I was thinking more Ernest Hemingway, existentialism, smoky Paris cafes...

Thanks, SCM :) I always wonder why so much vitriol is directed at teachers. Most of us are just like everyone else; we have the same virtues and vices.

I have unlimited admiration for teachers. I was so blessed by teachers at every level of my formal education. Now that I am a mom, I am deeply grateful for the teachers my kids have. It's truly a calling, IMHO.

I'm not surprised that there's regulation and lists of teacher's misdeeds - many professions have that. But - as other posters have mentioned - you can't get a total picture of an educator who's on the front lines from a list like that. I don't care if my child's teacher missed a student loan payment. I don't expect my child's teacher to be flawless. I also agree that truly substandard teachers can slide under the radar for years.

Not bad for working only 6 months a year. :D

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: We work WAY more than 6 months and we work WAY MORE than 8 hours a day. I am not EVEN going into it if you are that ignorant about the situation.:loser:

I could not agree more. I have always wondered why our teachers aren't paid six figures+. We say our children and the next generation are our most important assets. I guess our country really doesn't believe that because we absolutely do not put our money where our mouth is. Just one more example of our backwards priorities.

During the 1960s and 1970s, teachers were well paid. However, computers brought a 24 hour a day society, and many companies literally robbed the educational system by offering $$$ to teachers. Many math, science, and business teachers defected. I can remember many defectors that I personally knew and cannot blame them. The truth is that although many teachers were dedicated, a man/woman needs to first think of their family.

Truthfully, IMO the educational profession no longer appeals to the best and brightest in our society. Again, it's about money and supporting yourself and your family.

:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: We work WAY more than 6 months and we work WAY MORE than 8 hours a day. I am not EVEN going into it if you are that ignorant about the situation.:loser:

I'm going to give DK the benefit of the doubt and guess that he was joking.

I have unlimited admiration for teachers. I was so blessed by teachers at every level of my formal education. Now that I am a mom, I am deeply grateful for the teachers my kids have. It's truly a calling, IMHO.

I'm not surprised that there's regulation and lists of teacher's misdeeds - many professions have that. But - as other posters have mentioned - you can't get a total picture of an educator who's on the front lines from a list like that. I don't care if my child's teacher missed a student loan payment. I don't expect my child's teacher to be flawless. I also agree that truly substandard teachers can slide under the radar for years.
All true. I totally agree.

Lighten up. Didn't you see the smiley face? :slap: :snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GFinder
Back