GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lori Loughlin Officially Begins 2-Month Prison Sentence in College Admissions Scandal | Xfinity

..."I ignored my intuition and allowed myself to be swayed from my moral compass," Loughlin said during the sentencing. "I thought I was acting out of love for my children but in reality it only underlined and diminished my daughters' abilities and accomplishments. More broadly and more importantly, I now understand that my decision helped exacerbate existing inequalities in society generally and the higher education system more specifically."...

Lori Loughlin received no special treatment and is in COVID-19 quarantine, prison says

Day one looked a bit different than it would have one year ago. Prior to entering the institution Loughlin was screened by medical staff for COVID-19. She underwent a symptom screen, temperature check and an approved viral PCR test, according to current Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) guidelines.

There’s been no indication Loughlin tested positive, so she will be in quarantine for 14 days. That means she won’t be able to see her family or
anyone else, inmates in quarantine are not able to participate in any social visiting.

Actress Lori Loughlin reports to prison for her role in college admissions scandal

The U.S. attorney’s office in Boston said Friday that Loughlin was being processed at the federal lockup in Dublin, Calif.

The low-security prison in Northern California houses 874 inmates and had two positive coronavirus cases among inmates as of Friday morning, federal statistics show.

“The parties recently agreed that the defendant can report to prison on Oct. 30, 2020, instead of on Nov. 19, 2020. The defendant has further agreed that, during her two-month sentence, she will not seek an early release from prison on COVID-related grounds,” prosecutors said in a statement.

Last edited:
Lori is now in FCI Dublin (northern CA) this is where Felicity Huffman did her time a year ago.

Felicity Huffman was pictured inside the California prison where she's doing time for her role in the college admissions scandal. Here's what her life looks like inside the facility.

A portion of the hundreds of things for purchase at the FCI Dublin commissary.

5da76dce045a3158a104e044

After 9 p.m., inmates are allowed to shower, use phones, email, and do laundry in their units. When inmates return to their cells at 11:30 p.m., they are not permitted out until 4:30 a.m.

5da6035d045a3151f83b2be8

Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin, CA

Last edited:

PUBLISHED: November 13, 2020 at 4:35 p.m. | UPDATED: November 15, 2020 at 5:44 a.m.

Lori Loughlin’s Dublin prison faces ‘dangerous’ COVID-19 outbreak – East Bay Times

Nearly 60 legal organizations and immigrant and prisoner rights groups are challenging U.S. Bureau of Prison’s handling of the COVID-19 crisis at its Dublin facility, where Lori Loughlin is serving a two-month sentence.

So much attention has been focused on Lori Loughlin, who surrendered to the Federal Correctional Institution in Dublin on Oct. 30. But since then, the prison has grappled with an outbreak of COVID-19 that has infected “numerous” inmates and created conditions that are crowded, “dangerous” and legally questionable, attorneys and prisoner advocates say.

As of Friday, 11 inmates and six staff members have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and recovered, while 325 inmates have been tested.

As of this Monday, the disgraced TV actress, 56, is housed in a storage building that’s been converted into a makeshift isolation unit, with temporary showers and toilets, but with no heat or hot water, and inmates are forced to sleep on mats on a cold concrete floor. Loughlin has been able to make three phone calls although it’s not known whether she connected with her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, or her daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella, 20.

If anyone among the 50-some women living with her tests positive for COVID, they will be given no medication to alleviate symptoms, said Coulman. Treatment only becomes available when a person’s condition becomes life-threatening.

“The human rights violations are off the charts for taking inmates from the current environment that’s bad and putting them into these makeshift areas, which are worse,” said Coulman, a former federal inmate who has several clients in the Dublin prison. “They wouldn’t pass any type of inspection, and the (U.S. Bureau of Prisons) knows that.”

In some units, women are crowded into four-person cells or cubicles, with no room to create a safe, six-foot barrier. Inmates also haven’t been able to leave the units to go outside and move around.

The groups said testing remains inadequate, staffers use masks inconsistently and inmates can’t obtain adequate cleaning supplies, soap or personal hygiene products from the prison or the commissary to wash themselves or their clothes or to disinfect their living areas.

Last edited:
Ex-tennis club chief gets 3 months in prison in college scam

Martin Fox, the former president of a private tennis club in Texas was sentenced to three months in prison followed by three months in home confinement.

Authorities said he arranged bribes to get a student into to the University of Texas as a tennis recruit, even though the student didn’t play competitively. Fox also brokered a deal to get a student into the University of San Diego as a basketball recruit.

He personally took at least $245,000 through the scheme and facilitated thousands of dollars in bribe payments.

Lori Loughlin could be released from prison in time for Christmas

Lori is scheduled to leave prison on Sunday, Dec. 27, but could be released early due to a Bureau of Prison policy pertaining to weekend release dates.

According to the policy, an inmate whose release date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday is eligible to be released on the last preceding weekday barring an exclusionary reason. In Loughlin's case, that would be Thursday, Dec. 24.

Lori Loughlin could be released from prison in time for Christmas

Lori is scheduled to leave prison on Sunday, Dec. 27, but could be released early due to a Bureau of Prison policy pertaining to weekend release dates.

According to the policy, an inmate whose release date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday is eligible to be released on the last preceding weekday barring an exclusionary reason. In Loughlin's case, that would be Thursday, Dec. 24.

Yeah, figured that out. I just hope that her time there is miserable as possible.

Convicted felon Lori Loughlin is already a ‘wreck’ just days after reporting to prison: report

“Lori really went into prison strong, she had her faith and the support of her family, but the first few days and road ahead are daunting,” an anonymous source told Us Weekly.

A second source close to the actress described her as a “wreck,” the gossip magazine reported Wednesday.

“Lori tried her best to be brave and look at the end result but there was nothing that could dissipate her fears,” the unnamed person reportedly said. “It’s only two months but she’s dreading it. Her mind keeps telling her that something will go horribly wrong in prison or that her stay could be prolonged.”

Lori Loughlin Was 'Weepy' on First Day of Prison But 'Pulled Herself Together Quickly': Source

Almost three weeks into her sentence, a source who has spoken with her tells PEOPLE that she is adjusting to the daily prison routine.

"She has not had any specific problems," the source tells PEOPLE. "No one has tried any s--- with her. No one is bullying her. The guards aren’t treating her any differently than other inmates."

Still, the source says, there has been an adjustment period.

“She was a little weepy on her first night there," the source says. "But she pulled herself together quickly. Now she’s resolved to finish her sentence with her head held high.

Last edited:
So he can blend in versus the guy with the scarf look.
Yup! Scarf guy wouldn't cut it. I think his new look will invite more curiosity and snide "side eyeing" then if he just went in as himself. Plus, why is he advertising it?

He could have worn a hat and debuted his new look on the day of his
self-surrender instead of showing off in the media to the entire public. To me it's like showing off, "look at me how tough I can be for prison," weird in my opinion only.

Last edited:
Yup! Scarf guy wouldn't cut it. I think his new look will invite more curiosity and snide "side eyeing" then if he just went in as himself. Plus, why is he advertising it?

He could have worn a hat and debuted his new look on the day of his
self-surrender instead of showing off in the media to the entire public. To me it's like showing off, "look at me how tough I can be for prison," weird in my opinion only.

He strikes me as strange, can’t put my finger on it though.

Strange entitlement. I thought he was a self-made man but his sense of entitlement seems to go "beyond the pale."

What he did to the school counselor really says it all.

"Do you know who I am?"

Yes. Entitled arrogant snob, thank you very much. They don't care who you are in prison if you try to act entitled in there. And they don't care if you shaved your head and grew a beard. That just makes you look fake. Fake tough guy.

Last edited:

Maybe this is the "new" Moss Prison-look for fashion trends this year. There maybe several politicians who would be interested in a full makeover prior to their incarceration.

Moss may have found a new niche area for stylists, "Prison Styling". He should add some temporary gang tats for street cred.

Well....is this new look recommended by his prison consultant? Bet they also worked on his tough dude street language and swagger as well. They left out the tattoos and a few piercings though.
Beware though Moss, I wouldn't slip with a "do you know who am?", and pretending you're some gang honcho might not go over too well with the real deal.

Couple gets prison time for paying bribes in college scam

Diane Blake was sentenced to six weeks behind bars while Todd Blake was sentenced to four months, under plea deals made with prosecutors.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Leslie Wright described Todd Blake as the more active participant in the scam but said his wife was “fully complicit.”

Diane Blake told a Boston federal court judge that she is “truly sorry” for her actions. Her husband said he is “ready to accept the consequences.”

The Blakes, from Ross, California, worked with Singer to get their daughter into USC as a volleyball recruit in 2018. Todd Blake sent a $50,000 check for USC women's athletics to then-senior associate athletic director Donna Heinel and wired $200,000 to Singer's fake charity. Their daughter was formally admitted a month later.

When questioned by a USC official about the money, Todd Blake lied and said it was “to commemorate a friend who was a former women’s basketball coach,” prosecutors said.

Another college scam (not related to Singer), criminal complaint was filed Monday:

Maryland CEO paid former fencing coach $1.5 million in bribes to get his sons accepted to Harvard, feds say

Jie "Jack" Zhao, 61, and Peter Brand, 67, were arrested Monday and charged with conspiracy to commit federal programs bribery for the alleged agreement.

Zhao, of Potomac, Maryland, is the CEO of telecom company iTalk Global Communications. He was scheduled to appear Monday in federal court in Greenbelt, Maryland.

Brand was Harvard's men's and women's fencing coach from 1999 until last year, when he was fired by the university following an investigation spurred by reporting from The Boston Globe on his suspiciously expensive house sale. He will appear in federal court in Boston on Monday afternoon.

The complaint alleges Zhao made a series of payments totaling $1.5 million to Brand in exchange for the coach recruiting Zhao's two sons to the fencing team, thereby facilitating their acceptance.

"Jack doesn't need to take me anywhere and his boys don't have to be great fencers," Brand allegedly told a co-conspirator in May 2012. "All I need is a good incentive to recruit them[.] You can tell him that[.]"

In February 2013, Zhao made a purported donation of $1 million to a fencing charity operated by a co-conspirator. Shortly after Zhao's older son matriculated to Harvard in fall of 2014, the conspirator's fencing charity paid $100,000 to Brand's charitable foundation.

As Brand recruited Zhao's younger son, the businessman made a series of payments to Brand or for his personal benefit. Zhao allegedly paid for Brand's car, made college tuition payments for Brand's son, paid the mortgage on Brand's house in Needham, MA, and then bought the house for well above market value.

The payments allowed Brand to buy a more expensive residence in nearby Cambridge that Zhao then paid to renovate.

The Needham house payment drew particular attention from Harvard and federal investigators. Brand sold the home to Zhao for $989,500, according to the deed, almost twice what a tax document said it was worth. Zhao then sold the Needham property about 17 months later at a loss of over $300,000.

Following the sale of his Needham home, Brand purchased a condominium in Cambridge. Documents show the Cambridge property was originally listed for $989,000 -- just $500 less than what Zhao paid the Needham home. Brand bought the Cambridge condo for about $300,000 over the asking price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members