NBC Bans Ann Coulter for Life

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Knot4u2no said:
I heard Ann C on Neal Boortz radio earlier today talking about her new book, Guilty. She said she was banned by NBC but that they had reconsidered and she would be on the Today show tomorrow.

Yeah. Uh-huh. That is HER story. It really is sad how hard she works to bring attention to herself. It is too difficult for her to imagine that she is even LESS relevant than Perez Hilton -- and that it pretty irrelevant!!!

Guess my definition of spewing is different...she talks fast cause she's only got so much time to get what she want to say said.

I think she's brilliant and oh so entertaining. I'd have her over any day.

If she said she was banned from NBC to use as a publicity stunt...it worked didn't it?

Although the only reason I knew about it was because I read here at WS.

If she said she was banned from NBC to use as a publicity stunt...it worked didn't it?

Although the only reason I knew about it was because I read here at WS.

I only noticed the mention of her being rescheduled on the Today Show because I had just read the posts here at WS. I have a feeling that this is only being treated as "news" on the FAUX news channel. LOL.

I can't listen to this woman. Any person that makes her living off of snide comments off of a dead son of a one time presidential candidate is scum. Free speech is something I can defend, but this person I wouldn't. You don't have to be destructive and hurtful to make a political point.

The uber ultra conservatives can have her. With my compliments. And a side of cheese fries.

I'm sorry but there is nothing redeemable about this woman. I think both liberals and conservatives should have their voices, ideology, etc in the media but by people who posess intelligence in the field or idea they are talking about. All this woman spews is hatred, ignorance, stereotypes and at times racism. NBC should focus on getting some people who actually know what they are talking about - on both sides of the party. I don't think Perez Hilton is the answer either.

I agree.

I used to have to read her column before it was printed in the paper I worked for; her writing is horrendous. And before you yell that I'm biased, Georgie Geyers, a big ole liberal, was even worse!

Oh darn I was hoping this was true, or at least panned out.

Ann Coulter really does not do any good. While she may ( and that is stretching it ) have some good points, they get largely ignored because of her behavior.

For the most part I think she just likes to cause trouble and conflict, that is why she says the things she does. It has gotten her this far, so I don't think she will stop anytime soon.

E*E

I'm sorry but there is nothing redeemable about this woman. I think both liberals and conservatives should have their voices, ideology, etc in the media but by people who posess intelligence in the field or idea they are talking about. All this woman spews is hatred, ignorance, stereotypes and at times racism. NBC should focus on getting some people who actually know what they are talking about - on both sides of the party. I don't think Perez Hilton is the answer either.

This bears repeating. She is mean spirited, hateful and callous. I cannot believe people support what she is selling (because all she is doing is saying stuff that will sell her image and her books. Shocker.).

That look is not from people who don't "get" her, it's from people who are shocked her brand of inanity and hatefulness is given any sort of attention whatsoever. That look is shock and horrified bewilderment. We have come to a place where Ann Coulter is considered to offer somewhat valid and relevant political commentary, she is actually given airtime! And that's a sad place for it to be. A sad, miserable, nasty, very low place. I feel embarrassed for her whenever she speaks--and for the state of our country and politics.

She did her interview on The Today Show this morning. I have only seen her interviewed a few times but with all of the hoopla about her I was shocked at her poor speaking skills. I am surprised that she has made it so far as a commentator but then I realize that she appeals to the same people who voted for G. Walker Bush for president.

For those who have not been enlightened by her latest book, my use of "G. Walker Bush" to refer to the current president is in response to Coulter's insistence that we call the next president B. Hussein Obama as she does throughout her book. She tries to justify this by saying that since he likes his middle name that is the name he should go by. So, everybody who likes his/her first name has to use that name now??? Then Coulter stammered on about how absurd it was that we just has a war against a guy named Hussein and now we elected a guy with the same name. So now everyone with a name (first, middle, last) that is the same a one of our declared enemies should be ineligible for public office??? Are there really people out there who listen to this woman?! Are that REALLY listening?! What a bunch of trite! :crazy:

P.S. Following Coulter's argument, George Washington should never have been president as he shared his name with Britain's King George III -- the enemey!:eek:

She did her interview on The Today Show this morning. I have only seen her interviewed a few times but with all of the hoopla about her I was shocked at her poor speaking skills. I am surprised that she has made it so far as a commentator but then I realize that she appeals to the same people who voted for G. Walker Bush for president.

For those who have not been enlightened by her latest book, my use of "G. Walker Bush" to refer to the current president is in response to Coulter's insistence that we call the next president B. Hussein Obama as she does throughout her book. She tries to justify this by saying that since he likes his middle name that is the name he should go by. So, everybody who likes his/her first name has to use that name now??? Then Coulter stammered on about how absurd it was that we just has a war against a guy named Hussein and now we elected a guy with the same name. So now everyone with a name (first, middle, last) that is the same a one of our declared enemies should be ineligible for public office??? Are there really people out there who listen to this woman?! Are that REALLY listening?! What a bunch of trite! :crazy:

P.S. Following Coulter's argument, George Washington should never have been president as he shared his name with Britain's King George III -- the enemey!:eek:

Ann Coultier is vile. I have listened to her in the past, & she will hit on some random talking points & then follow it up with an insane generalization - but nothing she says is earth shattering or 'new'. Single mothers have been the scape goats of the conservative movement right along with gays since the 80's.

Ann reminds me of a snake when she talks. I keep waiting for her tounge to shoot out.

She & Palin should run on the 2012 ticket together.

Edited to add - she cracked me up when she was trying to say the report that she had been banned came from a reliable source (Drudge), that had never had to retract a story - unlike NBC which retracts many stories. Yes, Drudge is a reliable source, similar to the National Enquirer (IMO!). She is out of her mind. And someone please give her a piece of cheese cake, it may help improve her demeanor.

Okay - she was on The Today Show with Matt this morning. There is a video on their website (forgot to get the link). I watched 2 minutes to see who she was, because I didn't know. So Matt gave her a bad time about the "banned for life" nonsense. Then he asked how liberals and the media were destroying America and she said because of the "exaultation" of single mothers.

I was done. I have to say this - it is my personal belief that there is no exaultation of single mothers. Dads have a hard time in court because we, as a society, are in the process of balancing. It is happening - although slowly. In the olden days - dads always won, in the not so olden days - moms always won. Now we are slowly getting to the place where it is the CHILD who wins. Not an over night change..

Okay - enough of my drivel....... I will never watch Ann Coulter again. I am a Father's Rights and Shared Parenting Advocate - but I'm also realistic and this woman appears to be pretty out there....

Salem

I wish she would be banned from everything for life. She's horrible. The thing that did it for me with her was the bumper stickers she said Sen. John Edwards had on his car telling people to ask him about his dead son. There is no place in politics or anywhere for bringing up the personal pain and trauma that someone goes through when they lose a family member, particularly a child. I'm not a huge John Edwards fan, but Ann Coulter has crossed the line on more than one occasion, especially on that one, and I don't think she has anything worthwhile to say about anything!

That's a good one. :)

This is bigger than Anne Coulter. She is what she is. In this Country we have always had freedom of speech. People have said horrible things against George W. Bush, whether true or not, they have had the freedom to say it. It worries me that now with a new president, that happens to be half African American, we may no longer have that freedom. It starts with Anne but where does it end?

If Coulter thinks that single motherhood is the scourge of America, then she should be out there actively protesting this war which has killed and will continue to kill thousands of young men, leaving numerous American children to grow up fatherless.

This is bigger than Anne Coulter. She is what she is. In this Country we have always had freedom of speech. People have said horrible things against George W. Bush, whether true or not, they have had the freedom to say it. It worries me that now with a new president, that happens to be half African American, we may no longer have that freedom. It starts with Anne but where does it end?

MCDRAW, could you please elaborate. How does having a president, who is half black, prevent people from free speech? People have said whatever they wanted all along about Obama, just as they do about most every other public figure. How does race figure into it?

Anne can say whatever she wants. But no company is obligated to give her the time and audience to say it. They can chose if they want to or not. Unfortunately for us, there will always be someone who will give the obnoxious a platform for the sake of readers/audience and a payday.

Unfortunately, she does not realize that her incessant need for fame and attention, which results in spewing hate, engaging in poor discourse and mud slinging and personal attacks, hurts her party and the Republican agenda. Even my most conservative friends think she is unnecessarily mean spirited. She might have something to say, but it's lost in her incendiary style. But it's all about Anne, as we have seen by her past behavior and nastiness. There are so much better ways at getting your message across. Single mothers are the scourge of the earth? Oh please. That's just appalling on every level. How can people even take anything she says seriously? She's like a caricature.

And for what it's worth, NBC never banned her. That was something she put out there to garner attention when she is trying to sell a book. A media ploy pure and simple. No need to cry censorship of first american rights or oh noes!!11!!! liberal media. It's just not what's happening here, not even close.

I only saw the clips of Ann C on the Today show tonight when Ann was on The O’Reilley Factor on Fox. I think Ann knows exactly how to get a liberal’s goat and ride a liberal’s goat. She is effectively provocative.

Just an opinion,
Russell

I only saw the clips of Ann C on the Today show tonight when Ann was on The O’Reilley Factor on Fox. I think Ann knows exactly how to get a liberal’s goat and ride a liberal’s goat. She is effectively provocative.

Just an opinion,
Russell

Agreed. She plays the Left, as a whole, like a fiddle.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back