Found Deceased NC - Alexandra King, 22, & Tatianna Diz, 20, Asheville, 27 Oct 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
there was a massive search at the river today. Yes a body was recovered. Do not have identity yet...but please let this be resolved soon for family, friends and community. So sad.

UPDATE: The Asheville Police Department confirms, a body has been recovered from the French Broad River.

The remains were found at approximately 3:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...French-Broad-River--228265.shtml#.VjvD8S7K18I

I know no confirmation yet but my heart just sunk :(

The family member updating the pages mentioned her heart being broken so it doesn't sound good. I hope this brings closure and answers for the girls' families & friends.

So very sad. :-(
Its evident that they were very much loved.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been following along - many thanks to all of you for your insightful posts. I'm so sorry to hear that Alex has been found in the river. I hope LE is able to locate Tatianna for her family's sake.

That's very sad :(

Although we all expected it to end this way. Still very sad.

I hope Tatianna is found too, and I hope Pierre is telling all he knows.

Identified by her tattoo I suppose?

"King is described as a white female, 5 feet 11 inches and weighs about 120 pounds. She has short brown hair, tattoo of a lightning bolt on her right arm and gauges in her ears."

(description given right after they disappeared)

Oh RIP Alex. Expected, but so very sad.

I hope they find Tatianna very soon.

😢 RIP Alex. From what I've read she seemed like a bright, beautiful young woman who loved her girlfriend very much

This I feel gives more insight into the personalities of the two. I don't think they have been portrayed in the proper light since the word "drugs" was uttered. They both sound like really cool individuals, who had bright futures.
http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...omans-body-found-french-broad-river/75081606/

Thanks for sharing! Reading through the comments after Alex was announced as the person found is also so insightful. Just another argument to legalize but I digress..

I've followed many cases here but feel so touched by this one. Maybe I felt like I would have been friends with them. They seemed like beautiful ladies just radiating happiness & warmth. So bummed 😔

I just can't imagine being close to these girls (family or friends) knowing that after finding Alex that Tatianna is still most likely somewhere in the river. I think that is what haunts and bothers me most about this. Knowing that someone you love is lost in the river and being completely helpless to do anything. I'm a generation older then these girls and have 2 kids that I will send into the world one day, and so this story tugs at my motherly heart. I can't imagine the families anguish.

I just can't imagine being close to these girls (family or friends) knowing that after finding Alex that Tatianna is still most likely somewhere in the river. I think that is what haunts and bothers me most about this. Knowing that someone you love is lost in the river and being completely helpless to do anything. I'm a generation older then these girls and have 2 kids that I will send into the world one day, and so this story tugs at my motherly heart. I can't imagine the families anguish.

I have have 2 daughters close to these young ladies ages (18 and 22) and my heart is breaking for the families.

I'm glad Alex as been recovered and pray Tatianna is tomorrow. It'll help get justice moving forward for them both!

Comments from a neighbor of the girls in an article today about Pierre earlier on the morning of the murder(s).

I wonder if anyone who saw him earlier in the day the first time he was at Deaverview (or his GF) thought anything odd about him?

Or if the text exchanges with the girls (and anyone else) seemed unusual or out of the ordinary from previous ones found with them or others?

Upham, who lives next door to the women, said she saw Griffin outside every morning while he was house sitting with his girlfriend at her uncle's apartment, which is directly across from the women's apartment, but never observed Griffin hanging out with the women.

Upham said Griffin would try to chat with her, and while it occasionally made her anxious, she didn't think much of it until the morning of Oct. 27.

That day, he was different.

"He was in a very, very odd state," Upham said. "He was very different, very agitated."

Upham, who is a social worker, said she thought Griffin might have been in a fight with his girlfriend. "He seemed to be in an altered state of mind," she said.

That was around 8 a.m.

Upham said she's since gone to police twice with what she observed. She thinks the apartment complex needs more policing.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...omans-body-found-french-broad-river/75081606/

Comments from a neighbor of the girls in an article today about Pierre earlier on the morning of the murder(s).

I wonder if anyone who saw him earlier in the day the first time he was at Deaverview (or his GF) thought anything odd about him?

Or if the text exchanges with the girls (and anyone else) seemed unusual or out of the ordinary from previous ones found with them or others?

I wonder if he had taken some bad drugs?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slafrance74
Back