Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to Watts' sister, Stephanie Johnson, Watts was last seen with her boyfriend of one year.

The couple met when Watts, who lives in Moore County, North Carolina, would drive to Charlotte to visit her cousin, Gwendolyn Utley, who is the boyfriend's neighbor, Johnson said. Now, every other Friday, Watts drives to Charlotte for the weekend, her sister said.

Johnson said Utley last saw Watts on the afternoon of July 16. The cousins planned to go to Charlotte's Bojangles Coliseum for a comedy show, Johnson said, and when Watts didn't show up, Utley reported her missing.
Family desperate for answers after 39-year-old woman vanishes: 'She needs somebody to advocate for her'

and yet again, more confusing issues muddying the timeline. The boyfriend isn't "new" as some articles described, they've been dating for a year. The phone was not with the SUV but in Dunmore's residence. The SUV at the Anson DMV with unresponsive boyfriend inside. LE didn't report her missing, her cousin, who is Dunmore's neighbor did.

So the SUV and boyfriend are found, boyfriend is "unresponsive", the phone is found at his home. I wonder if the man was literally unconscious and so once they learned who he was and that the SUV owner was unaccounted for, they went to his home, and subsequently found his phone.

Has some sort of foul play happened to both Allicia AND Dunmore? He obviously hasn't been any help to LE but is that through his own choice or is this man in dire medical straights?

Every day that passes things look less likely for a good resolution with Ms. Watts found safe :(
Either he went to his apartment and AW was with him and left her phone, or he went to the apartment with her phone after she became "missing". Such confusing stories on this case.

I think the least probable theory is that AW left his apartment voluntarily without her phone.

Right now, without any other info from LE, I'm thinking that she was drugged or killed in his apartment and he left with her body in her vehicle, without her phone so the car couldn't be traced. Disposed of her body, then overdosed.

I don't see any scenario where some other perp caused her to disappear.

I'm curious as to why LE didn't track her phone and the Mercedes after the missing report was filed. Why did they wait until the boyfriend was found in her car and her phone found at his house?
It seems every news item I read on this case has a different story.
BBM agreed, the timeline keeps shifting and basic facts seem to twist daily into new ones.

new boyfriend or boyfriend of a year?
Cousin reported her missing because no show for plans or LE reporter her missing after her SUV turned up with an unresponsive guy in it?

What is going on? Where is this young woman?

ETA Maybe LE went to boyfriend's house after finding him unresponsive in SUV, they find AW's phone and the neighbor/cousin of AW goes over to see what the hubbub is, reports her cousin missed plans with her and was last with the unresponsive boyfriend and therefore BOTH are sort of true?

well this is odd, just found this bit of info:

Officers told WRAL News they found Dunmore inside the SUV on the 18th and he initially told authorities he was taking a nap. Officers returned to the parking lot three hours later and found him unresponsive. The lot is frequented by troopers filling up their vehicles with gas.

Dunmore was unresponsive when he was taken to the hospital. His current condition and location is not known. Anson County Sheriff's Office said their last update on Dunmore's status was July 20, and he was still alive at that point. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police did not give an answer when asked about Dunmore's condition.
Timeline: Moore County woman's SUV, boyfriend found before she was even reported missing

I get why this woman's family is so frustrated with LE. Like - what? They haven't checked on his status since the 20th? Didn't even tell anybody he'd been found in her car until the 25th?

What on earth is going on with this case.

However, the discovery of the man was made one day before police filed a missing persons report in Watts' case — which was July 19, according to a police report obtained by PEOPLE.

"She is not the type of person that would just disappear and leave and not have contact with her family or friends," Watts’ sister, Stephanie Johnson, told WRAL. "She's loved and we want her home. That’s why we are looking for her, taking matters into our own hands."

One community advocate who volunteered with Watts had strong words to say to Dunmore.

"I want to know where you are young man. I want you to come forward and let us know where our sister is!" he said.

Officers told WRAL News they found Dunmore inside the SUV on the 18th and he initially told authorities he was taking a nap. Officers returned to the parking lot three hours later and found him unresponsive. The lot is frequented by troopers filling up their vehicles with gas.

Dunmore was unresponsive when he was taken to the hospital. His current condition and location is not known. Anson County Sheriff's Office said their last update on Dunmore's status was July 20, and he was still alive at that point. Charlotte-Mecklenburg police did not give an answer when asked about Dunmore's condition.
Timeline: Moore County woman's SUV, boyfriend found before she was even reported missing

I get why this woman's family is so frustrated with LE. Like - what? They haven't checked on his status since the 20th? Didn't even tell anybody he'd been found in her car until the 25th?

That is just bizarre.

And a week later and we know nothing more about Dunmore. We don't know if he is still hospitalized, released, transferred, or even arrested.

However, the discovery of the man was made one day before police filed a missing persons report in Watts' case — which was July 19, according to a police report obtained by PEOPLE.

"She is not the type of person that would just disappear and leave and not have contact with her family or friends," Watts’ sister, Stephanie Johnson, told WRAL. "She's loved and we want her home. That’s why we are looking for her, taking matters into our own hands."
I think I've been in the heat too long but is this another version?
"Police said she was spotted driving her black 2023 Mercedes Benz GLC 300 toward Moore County. Her family said she came to see her boyfriend, James Dunmore, per local station WCNC.".
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought she and her boyfriend were driving together to Charlotte. :rolleyes:

With this heat wave that's been going on in NC all July, I can't imagine sitting in a car taking a nap. Surely he couldn't afford the gas to run the car's AC. Maybe he suffered heat exhaustion? I'm still thinking drug induced situation. JMO

I honestly don't know what to think. But that napping thing and later unresponsive. yeah, makes me think drug are involved somehow. Not necessarily AW involved with drugs, but the boyfriend, seems possible.

Little news has surfaced over the past few days concerning the disappearance of a Foxfire woman, aggravating a number of friends and supporters who are stepping up their own efforts to search for her or more information on her whereabouts.
1690403034028.jpeg
Early on Wednesday, a bus of supporters from The National Racial Justice Network for Civil Rights traveled to the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department to hold a news conference to address concerns about Allisha Watts’ disappearance.

Watts, 39, has been missing since July 16, and friends and family have asked for the public’s help in finding her or finding out more about her movements. A missing person report was filed with the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department on July 19, said Detective Keenan Childers.

In a media release from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department on July 25, Watts “was seen in her black 2023 Mercedes Benz GLC 300, possibly heading towards Moore County. The vehicle was located on July 18 in Anson County, however, the victim’s whereabouts are still unknown.”

Friend Learen Blue said she last heard from Watts on July 14, before Watts traveled to Charlotte for the weekend to visit her boyfriend. Watts planned to see a comedy show on Sunday night with some friends, but she did not respond to messages and did not attend.

Friend Brittany Harris last saw Watts active on social media that Friday night.

“We’re just longing for her to return home,” Harris said. “This is unlike Allisha to not be in touch.”

According to WCNC Charlotte and other news outlets, state troopers found a man unconscious inside Watts’ SUV at a Department of Motor Vehicles office in Anson County on July 18. The next day, Watts' disappearance was reported and the vehicle was taken to Charlotte-Mecklenburg police headquarters so detectives could search it for evidence.

After Wednesday’s news conference, a group of family members and friends joined an on-foot search in Polkton at the DMV office where Watts’ vehicle was found.

Three Marines were found dead sitting in a car in a convenience store. This happened very close to me. I'm very shocked that the cause of death was determined to be Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Can't figure out how this happened. I at first figured drugs loaded with fentanyl. How does someone die in a car outside? Maybe Watt's boyfriend was unresponsive the same way????

Three Marines were found dead sitting in a car in a convenience store. This happened very close to me. I'm very shocked that the cause of death was determined to be Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Can't figure out how this happened. I at first figured drugs loaded with fentanyl. How does someone die in a car outside? Maybe Watt's boyfriend was unresponsive the same way????

Yes, I’m in NC also and was very curious about how 3 people could die from CO poisoning. Not sure about the connection with this case except maybe he (Dunnmore) was trying to do something similar. IMO MOO

How could their last update on Dunmore's status be on July 20th? Why hasn't LE questioned this man! Can they not find him? What the heck is going on here!

JUL 26, 2023
  • Police didn’t say what sparked the search.
  • CMPD will not say whether Watts’ boyfriend is a person of interest or a suspect.
  • CMPD said they are actively investigating Watts’ disappearance, saying, “Detectives are following all leads and using all available resources to locate Ms. Watts. Detectives have been in communication with immediate family members of Ms. Watts and their designee to provide updates and request relevant information.”
  • Authorities have not released much information in the search. “You may not want to share a ton of information with friends and family because you don’t want them to either purposely, or maybe inadvertently reveal information that would compromise the investigation,” Stoughton said.
  • In other words, that information could leak to the person you’re trying to catch.

Investigators searched a home Wednesday night where a missing woman was last seen.

It has been 10 days since anyone has seen or heard from Allisha Watts.

Friends said they saw Watts leave her boyfriend’s home that day on Pamela Lorraine Drive in University City.

Officers were seen going in and out of that home Wednesday night.
93f6119546b1de18e93ba9481bbf32fd

On Wednesday, friends of Watts, along with the National Racial Justice Network for Civil Rights, called on leaders to do more to find her.
8ae9599d10dcb7ac7f2b243348b62f1d

Loved ones said they are still holding onto hope that Watts will have a safe return home.

“I know deep in my heart she is waiting for us to find her,” her friend said. “We need her. We need her. We need her home.”

“We know God is protecting her where ever she is, but we just need to know where she is,” a family friend said.

Inner workings of a missing person investigation

Policing expert Seth Stoughton at the USC School of Law explained a high-profile missing person case, such as the investigation into Watts’ disappearance.

“That’s much more likely to happen out of public sight,” Stoughton said. “It’s a lot of phone calls. It’s a lot tracking of various pieces of information, cellphone records, social media records, bank records.”

He continued, “One of the most dangerous things you can do in an investigation is make an assumption and operate solely on the basis of that assumption.”

“Who is in the closest relationship with the missing individual?” he said.

“If they don’t know they have to hide, they might not be hiding as well as they might,” Stoughton said.

However, time is of the essence, said Derrica Wilson, co-founder of the Black and Missing Foundation.

“We know there is a lack of trust when it comes to law enforcement and the minority community and oftentimes, the minority community feels as if they are not heard,” Wilson said.

Well, Carlee Russell was reported as unreponsive but breathing when she walked into her parent's home.

In that case, it would appear she just wasn't answering questions rather than being unconscious, intoxicated, drugged, or comatose.

No follow-up on how the unresponsive boyfriend of Allisha Watts is doing, after being found July 18.

I have to note that all this was likely overshadowed by the Carlee Russell fake abduction mess that was going on at the same time.
I hope I quoted this right-
the police clarified that the 'unresponsive' term regarding Ms. Russell was a result of a dispatcher misspeaking over the radio.

I believe Dunmore was likely found unresponsive due to drugs, as the news link says police first found him "taking a nap" then they saw the car still there hours later so they approached again, and he was unconscious this time around. Sounds very suspicious to me. This is simply my opinion on a person of interest that the police have identified.

Yes, I’m in NC also and was very curious about how 3 people could die from CO poisoning. Not sure about the connection with this case except maybe he (Dunnmore) was trying to do something similar. IMO MOO
wow! these poor boys, their poor families... how could this have happened?! sitting inside a car and dying of carbon monoxide? this is so confusing to me. I had a friend die of carbon monoxide when we were 13 years old and it was extremely traumatic - she was my "locker buddy" and we had just had a great field trip together 2 weeks prior. She and multiple family members died from a plugged in heater giving them carbon monoxide poisoning. Her mom lost her entire family, and then lost her mind... worst funeral I have ever been to. They did one funeral for all of them
I don't even know what happened to her mom. The last I heard she was posting nonsensical things on Facebook alongside photos of her children who are gone. Carbon monoxide can be such a deadly and brutal thing.
JUL 26, 2023
  • Police didn’t say what sparked the search.
  • CMPD will not say whether Watts’ boyfriend is a person of interest or a suspect.
  • CMPD said they are actively investigating Watts’ disappearance, saying, “Detectives are following all leads and using all available resources to locate Ms. Watts. Detectives have been in communication with immediate family members of Ms. Watts and their designee to provide updates and request relevant information.”
  • Authorities have not released much information in the search. “You may not want to share a ton of information with friends and family because you don’t want them to either purposely, or maybe inadvertently reveal information that would compromise the investigation,” Stoughton said.
  • In other words, that information could leak to the person you’re trying to catch.
I think the search started because they found her vehicle in the DMV parking lot with her boyfriend who was "napping", then saw the vehicle still there 3 hours later as stated in the news articles others have posted so they checked on him and he was unconscious. They probably tracked the SUV, found the owner, and also I'm sure Dunmore had his ID with him so they found his home address, where they located items belonging to Miss Allisha including her cellphone. That is the story as it seems to be right now, I am piecing it together through these different media links you all have provided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back