Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUL 27, 2023
[...]

... On Tuesday, the family was searching a field near Airport Road in Wadesboro after receiving a tip there may be evidence there.

Allisha Watts search

[...]

Timeline of police reports about Allisha Watts

July 16: Allisha Watts last seen by friends in Moore County. Watts and James Dunmore leave for Charlotte in her black Mercedes SUV.
July 18: Black Mercedes SUV found in parking lot of Anson County DMV office in Polkton. A man is found is inside. He is unresponsive.
July 19: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) file missing persons report for Allisha Watts.
July 20: Anson County Sheriff's Office links SUV to Watts.
July 24: CMPD annouces Watts' car has been found.
July 25: Anson County Sheriff's Office releases statement saying Dunmore was found along with the SUV.

[...]

... On Tuesday, the family was searching a field near Airport Road in Wadesboro after receiving a tip there may be evidence there.
Respectfully Snipped By Me

I really wish they would have just shared the tip with the appropriate authorities.
The family could accidentally and unknowingly destroy any potential evidence just by walking around.

Imo

Her loved ones expressed frustration with the investigation during a news conference in front of the department on Wednesday, demanding a meeting with Police Chief Johnny Jennings.

“We need to see you today. We need to sit at the table. We need to know what’s going on,” said Dearest Price, the Charlotte regional director of the National Racial Justice Network.
[snip]
Police have not provided Watts’ family with any information on Dunmore’s condition, including his current location, Price said.
[snip]
“Detectives are following all leads and using all available resources to locate Ms. Watts,” the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said in a tweet Wednesday. “Detectives have been in communication with immediate family members of Ms. Watts and their designee to provide updates and request relevant information.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/27/us/allisha-dene-watts-missing-north-carolina/index.html

While I understand the need to keep some facts to themselves for the integrity of an investigation, The fact that the family feels they are being left out and not updated appropriately as to what is happening while LE claims the family is being updated would indicate a real disconnect between the family and LE right now. The fact LE has stated they haven't checked on JD's status since July 20 and only indicated he was located in the SUV (18th) on July 25th is a real problem for me and I would imagine the family.

Where is AW?

Respectfully Snipped By Me

I really wish they would have just shared the tip with the appropriate authorities.
The family could accidentally and unknowingly destroy any potential evidence just by walking around.

Imo
unfortunately I believe there is a lack of trust for authorities at this point. I can't say it is unwarranted.

JUL 27, 2023
[...]

Allisha Watts search

[...]

Timeline of police reports about Allisha Watts

July 16: Allisha Watts last seen by friends in Moore County. Watts and James Dunmore leave for Charlotte in her black Mercedes SUV.
July 18: Black Mercedes SUV found in parking lot of Anson County DMV office in Polkton. A man is found is inside. He is unresponsive.
July 19: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department (CMPD) file missing persons report for Allisha Watts.
July 20: Anson County Sheriff's Office links SUV to Watts.
July 24: CMPD annouces Watts' car has been found.
July 25: Anson County Sheriff's Office releases statement saying Dunmore was found along with the SUV.

[...]
bbm: This July 16th date is the one that I've seen changed from the two of them traveling together to she driving to Charlotte to see boyfriend and go to comedy show.

bbm: This July 16th date is the one that I've seen changed from the two of them traveling together to she driving to Charlotte to see boyfriend and go to comedy show.
The couple met when Watts, who lives in Moore County, North Carolina, would drive to Charlotte to visit her cousin, Gwendolyn Utley, who is the boyfriend's neighbor, Johnson said. Now, every other Friday, Watts drives to Charlotte for the weekend, her sister said.

Johnson said Utley last saw Watts on the afternoon of July 16. The cousins planned to go to Charlotte's Bojangles Coliseum for a comedy show, Johnson said, and when Watts didn't show up, Utley reported her missing.
Family desperate for answers after 39-year-old woman vanishes, last seen with boyfriend

I believe the article you are quoting is incorrect about that Watts and Dunmore seen travelling together thing. I think Watts travelled from her home to Charlotte to see her cousin and boyfriend as was her regular practice. Utley sees her when she arrives in Charlotte. The two cousins make plans to attend a comedy show during Watts visit.

Cousin reports she reported Watts missing but LE reports they reported Watts missing. I think it is a combination of both. LE shows up at Dunmore's house on the 19th, cousin who is also boyfriend's neighbor sees the activity goes over and informs LE that Watts never showed for their plans and is girlfriend of Dunmore so LE now begin looking for Watts.

Three Marines were found dead sitting in a car in a convenience store. This happened very close to me. I'm very shocked that the cause of death was determined to be Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Can't figure out how this happened. I at first figured drugs loaded with fentanyl. How does someone die in a car outside? Maybe Watt's boyfriend was unresponsive the same way????

Does this one have it's own thread? I'm wondering how three marines, "motor vehicle operators" could die like this.

NYT picked it up and it's got a curious detail:

The sheriff’s office said that a woman called on Sunday after her son, who was a Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, did not arrive on a flight to Oklahoma the night before.

That's fast to report a missing persons, especially a marine. Did anyone have cause to think something was going to happen to him?

nytimes.com/2023/07/25/us/marines-dead-car-north-carolina.html

* the victims were found at a speedway gas station in Hampstead, NC. Pictures from the area show several large storage units behind the Speedway parking lot, not sure if they belong to the Thrift shop located on the same property. You can see from the Google 360 view ( Speedway )

R.st.J

The couple met when Watts, who lives in Moore County, North Carolina, would drive to Charlotte to visit her cousin, Gwendolyn Utley, who is the boyfriend's neighbor, Johnson said. Now, every other Friday, Watts drives to Charlotte for the weekend, her sister said.

Johnson said Utley last saw Watts on the afternoon of July 16. The cousins planned to go to Charlotte's Bojangles Coliseum for a comedy show, Johnson said, and when Watts didn't show up, Utley reported her missing.
Family desperate for answers after 39-year-old woman vanishes, last seen with boyfriend

I believe the article you are quoting is incorrect about that Watts and Dunmore seen travelling together thing. I think Watts travelled from her home to Charlotte to see her cousin and boyfriend as was her regular practice. Utley sees her when she arrives in Charlotte. The two cousins make plans to attend a comedy show during Watts visit.

Cousin reports she reported Watts missing but LE reports they reported Watts missing. I think it is a combination of both. LE shows up at Dunmore's house on the 19th, cousin who is also boyfriend's neighbor sees the activity goes over and informs LE that Watts never showed for their plans and is girlfriend of Dunmore so LE now begin looking for Watts.
Thank you but I already know that. I was pointing out the many different stories that are being circulating.

I was posting about the changing stories coming out.

Does this one have it's own thread? I'm wondering how three marines, "motor vehicle operators" could die like this.

The sheriff’s office said that a woman called on Sunday after her son, who was a Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune, did not arrive on a flight to Oklahoma the night before.

That's fast to report a missing persons, especially a marine. Did anyone have cause to think something was going to happen to him?

* the victims were found at a speedway gas station in Hampstead, NC. Pictures from the area show several large storage units behind the Speedway parking lot, not sure if they belong to the Thrift shop located on the same property. You can see from the Google 360 view ( Speedway )

R.st.J
It's twenty minutes from my house.

ALBERTO LUPERONJul 27th, 2023, 4:32 pm
1690501813672.png
Investigators are searching the home of James Dunmore, a man mysteriously found unresponsive in his missing girlfriend’s SUV. Allisha Watts was last seen July 16, 2023, police said. (Image of Watts: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department)

''According to local NBC affiliate WRAL, the search of Dunmore’s home is a matter of authorities covering their bases and not because of any specific information.

Cops said Watts was last seen leaving a home on Pamela Lorraine Drive on the 16th.''

“All tips can be made anonymously,” they said.

“She’s not just some missing person,” Blue said at the press conference. “She’s an important person to all of us. She’s a daughter. She’s a sister. She’s an aunt. She’s a best friend. She’s a business owner. She’s involved in several organizations in our community. She’s a person with a huge heart who would do anything for anybody.”

They ask that anyone with information to contact the Racial Justice Network at 1-800-694-1981.''

Filming LE searching a home and sharing the video with the news media is probably not the best way to get LE to share more information with you...

JUL 27, 2023
[...]

Watts' sister shared a video with WCNC Charlotte that shows police going in and out of Dunmore's home. CMPD hasn't said why they were searching the house or if they found anything related to the case. The 39-year-old Moore County woman was coming to Charlotte for a comedy show and planned to stay with Dunmore, according to her friend Learen Blue.

[...]

The couple met recently, according to Blue, who says she saw several red flags in his behavior.

"There were several things he would say or do, to us, that were controlling," Blue said. "But to her, it was, 'He loves me.'"

Stephanie Johnson, Watts' sister, told WRAL this behavior is very unusual for her.

[...]

I wish this case was getting the same WSer attention that the Carlee Russell case continues to get. :-(

Need some LE folks to weigh in about what might be going on about what might be going on with the timeline, etc.

Local non-profit urges community to keep Allisha Watts case alive

MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Allisha Watts and Gwendolyn Utley are cousins but their love runs deeper.

"It was like sisters, you know, very close," said Utley.

"I came back home. Allisha's car was still there. At her boyfriend's house parked in the same spot," she said.

"My main concern right now is to get Allisha back home," said Utley.

"To help end this nightmare for their family, we want to keep a positive note that she's going to be found," said Utley.

Filming LE searching a home and sharing the video with the news media is probably not the best way to get LE to share more information with you...
Why? The authorities searching LISK's home and removing items are being filmed by the media, as an example. Her family is recording and sharing an event which news media often does in such cases. I do not see how it is an issue unless they are showing specific evidence/sharing details "kept close to the vest" with the public.

Tragically I feel it is obvious what has happened to this woman. I so wish she would've simply background-checked this man before dating him. My state has a searching system for this online that is free - I am not sure if others do, but they should. Many prayers for this family

R.st.J
HAMPSTEAD, N.C. (WECT) - Three Marines were found inside a car on Sunday, July 23, at the Speedway in Hampstead, according to the Pender County Sheriff’s Office.

The autopsy indicated that the Marines died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the PCSO said on Wednesday.

HAMPSTEAD, N.C. (WECT) - Three Marines were found inside a car on Sunday, July 23, at the Speedway in Hampstead, according to the Pender County Sheriff’s Office.

The autopsy indicated that the Marines died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the PCSO said on Wednesday.
Started thread..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back