NC NC - Allison Jackson Foy, 34, Wilmington, 30 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article is from the 17th,sorry if it has previously been posted.
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) -- A killer remains on the loose tonight. Back in 2006 Allison Jackson Foy went missing from Monkey Junction. Two years later, someone found her remains in the woods off Carolina Beach Road. Now Foy's sister is back in town. She's checking in with investigators making sure the case stays active.

Despite the years that have gone by Lisa Valentino is still hopeful that her sister's killer will be caught.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/news_tags/angela_rothen

This might sound pretty off-the-wall, but while google mapping around Wilmington, I couldn't help but notice a street not far east of Monkey Junction called Wood Duck Circle. We have a case in Canada, the Woodland Rapist, where some of us WSrs (not all) are toying with the possibility that Russ Williams might fit the bill (pardon the pun ;)). At one of his crimes, the Woodland Rapist (WR) left behind a black polo/golf shirt which had a logo of a wood duck on it. We've tried hard to find that logo somewhere, and haven't been successful so far. Might be a strange coinkydink, but in my years of sleuthing, I haven't come across anything to do with wood ducks in any other cases.

Here's a link to the Woodland Rapist thread if you are interested:

Southern Ontario, Canada - The Woodland Rapist - 1992-95 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Is there a wood duck in this case here, sillybilly? If so, I missed it.

Thank you SillyBilly. It sounds like the NC detective only spoke with the det in Canada. My question is was RW allowed to fly anywhere at any time? I wish the NC detective would reach a little bit higher and look for RW's flight plans, question military bases in NC for info if RW landed there.

No offense to the Canadian detectives, but their number one priority is to Canada and the citizens. Just because they have no info of RW being in NC, it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't. They just have no knowledge of it. I just can't let go of the similarity of the composite and RW, I guess.

I really appreciate you jumping in with info and links. You are a very helpful sleuth!:dance:

wm

YW and TY :)

Don't know about RW's filing requirements re flight plans, but given his high profile, I'm thinking chances are he wasn't always slotted into doing things by the book. Can't recall the specifics right now, but there was one day when he was in Europe for a Remembrance Day Ceremony and back in Canada either that same day or the next, attending other events or functions. He moved around quickly and easily.

Canadian LE frequently work hand-in-hand with the FBI, so if the OPP or RCMP come up with anything, I don't think they'd be unwilling to share with the US. Could also be that, at this point, they just don't have a total handle on RW's whereabouts at all times. I believe they were inundated with calls from LE in many locations, so hopefully they are still investigating the possibility of him being responsible for other crimes, and it's a watch and wait game for us.

Just another thought ... but Allison's job as Assistant General Manager at the Holiday Inn certainly put her in a position to meet pooh-bahs.

sillybilly, Thanks for the info in the Woodland rapist. I actually have some friends who live on Woodduck Cir. It is a nice middle class/upper middle class neighborhood. I don't remember where Allison lived but for some reason in the recesses of my brain I think she lived in a neighborhood near the billiards hall where she was last seen. Not sure if Greenbrier neighborhood where WoodDuck is located. I have no confirmation and may not recall correctly as it has been a long time since the initial news of her disappearance.

There is a municipal Golf Course near W.B. named 'Duckhaven'....right up the road actually. I have looked online for a logo to no avail. I may give a call later to ask if they have a logo and if shirts are sold with a wood duck emblem. At the very least, they might give insight about any other golf courses in the area that use a Wood duck logo.

The rapist was bold and arrogant in leaving the shirt behind. Did he feel confidant that it wouldn't be traced? Maybe so if it was purchased in a foreign country. MOO

I'll keep up the search so that we can at least rule out (or in)the golf shirt coming from this area. Every criminal makes mistakes. Ya never know!

wm

sillybilly, i feel sure you all have explored this clothing brand on the Woodland thread but wished to post this link just in case.....

http://www.duckhead.com/pages/mens.htm

wm

For easy reference, here's a link to WhyaDuck's post showing the shirt that the Woodland Rapist left behind at one of his crime scenes:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Southern Ontario, Canada - The Woodland Rapist - 1992-95

Here's a link to Hazel's post containing a zoom on the very specific wood duck emblem that is on the shirt:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Southern Ontario, Canada - The Woodland Rapist - 1992-95

I've checked thousands and thousands of google images. Just some of the search terms i've been tried using are

wood duck emblem, wood duck patch, wood duck logo, duck in flight, flying duck, embroidered duck, duck golf shirt, duck polo shirt.

It's possible it was a customized design, maybe fully embroidered, maybe a stiched on emblem. Whatever the heck it is, it is VERY elusive to us. We'll just have to keep plugging away at it.

Oh, I still wouldn't rule him out WM ;)

Just because LE has said he's been ruled out, there are still too many coinkydinks surrounding RW and geographical location of various victims for me to comfortably put him on the back burner for good. New to this thread so not all caught up, but didn't LE "rule out" Iannone (sp?) at one point and then rule him back in? Could be they just don't have any idea if RW was or was not in the Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach area at the time, so they've ruled him out until such time as other information comes to light.
RSBM

ITA about not ruling him out yet ... check this out! Notice they say "across the country and beyond" ;)
OTTAWA — It has been more than a month since former military commander and sex killer Russell Williams was sentenced to life in prison, but investigators say the case is far from closed.

OPP Det.-Insp. Chris Nicholas said police are analyzing Williams’s seized belongings and continue to search for links between him and unsolved crimes across the country and beyond. They won’t stop until they run out of leads to chase, Nicholas said.

“We’re tracking him, tracking his movements, looking at offences that took place in areas he was in,” said Nicholas, who has been a detective more than 20 years. “As we can see from his past, really anything is possible.”

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/R...d+detectives/3879273/story.html#ixzz16Fpqq4eH

Re the Wood Duck, was going to post an image that IMO looks the closest to the embroidery in that golf-shirt, but no luck trying to post IMAGES in this thread :(

Will post it in the Woodland Rapist thread, if you guys want to check it out. Will also post the description, perhaps it might give us some new ideas of where to look.

The wood duck is also known as the "Carolina duck". A good sleuther friend sent me the following link. If you simply reverse the image, IMO it's one of the closest we've seen so far:

http://www.duckwoodscc.com/

The club/golf course is located in Southern Shores, North Carolina, which is about 300 miles from Wilmington. Southern Shores is just outside Kitty Hawk, NC (famous in aviation history for the Wright Brothers and the first powered airplane flights. The memorial is located at Kill Devil Hills, "the birthplace of modern aviation" where the flights actually took place. The town is located within Kill Devil Hills County).

ugh! Help! I live on wood ridge road.Wood Duck is just down the street!

ugh! Help! I live on wood ridge road.Wood Duck is just down the street!

Well Ella, maybe you could just mosey on over to the clubhouse and show them a pic of the shirt and ask if they ever sold one that looked just like that :) Don't mean to impose, but heck ... i'm in Canada and it's snowing and i can't get to North Carolina right now ;) :angel:

Silly Billy, My bad, I'm in Wilmington,N.C. however I have a Wood Duck circle down the street.Sorry.

Silly Billy, My bad, I'm in Wilmington,N.C. however I have a Wood Duck circle down the street.Sorry.

No, MY mistake ella ... you said "wood duck" but i read "duck wood" and was stuck on the country club because i have a one track mind, or am in the early stages of geriatric onset dyslexia ;)

Okay ... who else we got in North Carolina? LOL

Ella, can you tell me if Wood Duck Circle has a combination of residences AND businesses on it? Streeview doesn't go there, but images I've seen so far appear mostly nice residences, but i've also seen references to insurance business (and something else i can't remember right now).

Good find on the duck logo sillybilly. It is very similar just a reverse image, of the emblem on the shirt. It's ironic that you posted about this Country club because that's what the shirt looks like. My DD works at a country club golf course in Wilmington and all the employees wear 'golf' shirts. The shirts may be available for purchase by the members though so it may not be limited to employees wearing them.

I live near Wilmington, not in the city limits. Wood Duck circle is located in a Subdivision named Greenbrier. There are no businesses in the neighborhood itself but there are tons of businesses on College Rd. One must use College Rd to get to the neighboorhood as at is the only access to my knowledge.

Hope all this makes sense.

wm

Serial killers get their jollies in strange ways. This may sound pretty off-the-wall, but whoever the Woodland Rapist is, he of course knows he left behind a shirt with a wood duck logo at one of his crimes (whether it was left intentionally or not). Does that same twisted mind find it titillating if he sees a street named "Wood Duck Circle" and does he maybe commit a crime nearby as a result? Probably far-fetched and I don't know the answer either, but considering that RW's bio dad is in Wilmington, it's not outside the realm of possibility that RW would have visited there.

An unrelated case i'm thinking about are the "Smiley Face murders" in the US where the bodies of young male victims are being found in water. In one of those cases, detectives in Lansing, Michigan found the word “Sinsiniwa” left on a rock at the scene; while 400 miles away, detectives in Dubuque, Illinois were investigating the case of another young man ... found in the water near where Sinsiniwa Ave goes down to the river.

Sorry, too late to edit. Above Post #96 should have read "Dubuque, Iowa" not "Dubuque, Illinois".

That's an interesting connection regarding serial murders sillybilly. One could be at the bar where Allison was last seen in 5 minutes from WD Circle.

I've been researching articles in search for addresses for Allison and Angela and found Angela's here....

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20100614/ARTICLES/100619802/-1/news05?p=1&tc=pg

This article has a pic of the most recent POI. He is a real piece of work. I was angry about the way he spoke about the victims. He sure seems to enjoy his 15 minutes!

I read early on that RW did spend time in WB at his dad's condo to go fishing. Hazel or sillybilly, do you know if this is a vacation home? I am thinking that RW probably visited at times when the family wasn't there since he could fly when and where he wished. I have looked and looked and cannot find the article I speak of but IIRC, it stated that he had visited WB shortly before his arrest. Wish I could find it, it was one of the first MSM articles I read when he was arrested.

This wood duck connection is intriguing.

wm

That's an interesting connection regarding serial murders sillybilly. One could be at the bar where Allison was last seen in 5 minutes from WD Circle.

I've been researching articles in search for addresses for Allison and Angela and found Angela's here....

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20100614/ARTICLES/100619802/-1/news05?p=1&tc=pg

This article has a pic of the most recent POI. He is a real piece of work. I was angry about the way he spoke about the victims. He sure seems to enjoy his 15 minutes!

I read early on that RW did spend time in WB at his dad's condo to go fishing. Hazel or sillybilly, do you know if this is a vacation home? I am thinking that RW probably visited at times when the family wasn't there since he could fly when and where he wished. I have looked and looked and cannot find the article I speak of but IIRC, it stated that he had visited WB shortly before his arrest. Wish I could find it, it was one of the first MSM articles I read when he was arrested.

This wood duck connection is intriguing.

wm

Of course, if that POI was smart, he'd keep his mouth shut, but there are dingbats who like to toy with LE whether they are involved or not. Seems like a long time for the DNA to come back on that knife, doesn't it?

I had seen Angela's addy as Lex Road. It's up near the airport, and not too far north of the Holiday Inn that Allison worked at.

Wonder what ever became of the 3 women that Allison was seen talking with outside the bar. Supposedly somebody called a cab from the pub and the others left in a cab. If Allison took a cab, she must have been pretty tanked to leave her rental car there, if that's what happened.

I don't recall reading about RW spending time at the condo and fishing. Sure wish we could find it though. The only addy we had for RW's bio-dad was Wrightsville Beach, and it was used in reference to patents he had applied for, so presumably it is a year-round residence. RW's mom had an addy in Hawaii and there is a listing for a CW in Hawaii (unknown if it is CDW, but if it is, he may vacation in Hawaii, thus leaving the WB condo available for other family members to use).

There's a Wilmington Insurance on Wood Duck Circle. I wonder if CDW dealt with them (travel insurance, auto/sailboat/RV insurance, life, house insurance while absent, etc.)

Of course, if that POI was smart, he'd keep his mouth shut, but there are dingbats who like to toy with LE whether they are involved or not. Seems like a long time for the DNA to come back on that knife, doesn't it?

I had seen Angela's addy as Lex Road. It's up near the airport, and not too far north of the Holiday Inn that Allison worked at.

Wonder what ever became of the 3 women that Allison was seen talking with outside the bar. Supposedly somebody called a cab from the pub and the others left in a cab. If Allison took a cab, she must have been pretty tanked to leave her rental car there, if that's what happened.

I don't recall reading about RW spending time at the condo and fishing. Sure wish we could find it though. The only addy we had for RW's bio-dad was Wrightsville Beach, and it was used in reference to patents he had applied for, so presumably it is a year-round residence. RW's mom had an addy in Hawaii and there is a listing for a CW in Hawaii (unknown if it is CDW, but if it is, he may vacation in Hawaii, thus leaving the WB condo available for other family members to use).

There's a Wilmington Insurance on Wood Duck Circle. I wonder if CDW dealt with them (travel insurance, auto/sailboat/RV insurance, life, house insurance while absent, etc.)

sillybilly, I am just trying to build on a possible theory here so this is just MOO. Angela's addy near the airport is not all that far from the Holiday Inn Market street. This hotel was well known back in the day (early nineties) as a 'meat market' because there was a nightclub onsight. There was also a country western bar behind the HI that was hoppin back then. There were lot's of businessmen who stayed there since it was near the airport.

I do wonder if Angela's alledged prostitution/trolling for out of town customers took her to the HI on Market as it's reputation and the reputation of the area in general began to decline. I know that I wouldn't recommend any of my relatives or loved ones to stay in that area.

So here is what I am thinking at the moment. Could it be that.....Angela and Allison were aquaintances from the HI. Angela, being a regular, (and Allison being a asst manager there) invited Allison to meet her and some friends at the Junction Pub and billilards after her shift. Allison was separated from hubby and looking to hang out with some new friends, so agreed to meet them.

Unbeknownest to Allison, one of Angela's prospective tricks was with her group. He took a liking to Allison and convinced her that he would arrange for her to get home safely when the other girls were leaving in a cab. Then he leaves in advance of Allison saying that he has called a cab for her and it will be here soon.

But instead, it was a ruse stating that her cab was there and she was blindsided upon leaving while he laid in wait.

So then, one year later after Allison's disappearance, the perp decides to go after Angela, since he was a former customer of Angela's and she could identify him. He flies back into town one year later for a 'good time' (as far as Angela is conerned) and he kills her too!

I believe it would be very possible for RW to have a stop over/ refuel in the area. Because ILM is a small international hub, it is a desirable destination for customs entry into the US.

I believe in the bottom of my heart that there is a connection between these 2 victims aside from the fact that their bodies were disposed of in the same place..

Above is theory and speculation Maybe our thoughts will lead to something helpful in the investigation.

All MOO wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots
Back