NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you look at the WBTV news video, you will see the car in the carport… It looks like it had a tarp over it that has been pulled up and placed on the hood and windshield as the car is being examined
New to this thread and this case - only know a little girl went missing about 23 years ago on a rainy (?) night and hasn’t been seen since. Am wondering: do we know if Le think the car perhaps hit her and this maybe how she ended up missing? Moooo

She left in the middle of the night after packing a bookbag with a few personal belongings..was spotted by 2 witnesses on a stretch of highway..and vanished. A tipster THINKS she may have entered a late 70s vehicle...

Is that last place she was seen the supposed sighting at the side of the road, or her parents house?
IMO the last place she was seen was the supposed sighting at the side of the road.

Welcome to Websleuths @scottishwildcat !

ETA added link

Last edited:
She left in the middle of the night after packing a bookbag with a few personal belongings..was spotted by 2 witnesses on a stretch of highway..and vanished. A tipster THINKS she may have entered a late 70s vehicle...
The sightings along the highway were not confirmed to be her. One of the eye witnesses stated that he thought he saw "an adult female, possibly fleeing a domestic violence situation."

The sightings along the highway were not confirmed to be her. One of the eye witnesses stated that he thought he saw "an adult female, possibly fleeing a domestic violence situation."
I have been following this case for a long time, and the information I have come across has stated two witness seeing a young female on HWY 18. Young female could mean different things to different people for sure..child, teen, 20s? The sightings would line up with her disappearance and proximity. Either way, IMO, the person is local and this was pre planned, not random.

I have been following this case for a long time, and the information I have come across has stated two witness seeing a young female on HWY 18. Young female could mean different things to different people for sure..child, teen, 20s? The sightings would line up with her disappearance and proximity. Either way, IMO, the person is local and this was pre planned, not random.
The problem is that eye witness sightings are notoriously unreliable (it was Roy Blanton and his son who stated that they thought they saw an adult). In many instances, alleged sightings of missing people are mistaken and/or false and the victim was deceased the entire time. We don't know what is happening with this latest development yet (lots of rumors and speculation at this point though).

Yes, eyewitnesses can definitely be unreliable..but, the fact that there were two sightings sheds a little more credibility . Just like the car....may or may not be associated with Asha. I'm interested to see what this search warrant development is all about. Whether or not it pertains to Asha remains to be seen. Either way, it's sparking up interest and conversation in the case of missing Asha..and that's always a good thing.

Yes, eyewitnesses can definitely be unreliable..but, the fact that there were two sightings sheds a little more credibility . Just like the car....may or may not be associated with Asha. I'm interested to see what this search warrant development is all about. Whether or not it pertains to Asha remains to be seen. Either way, it's sparking up interest and conversation in the case of missing Asha..and that's always a good thing.
These eye witnesses didn't come forward until after Asha's disappearance was featured on the local news. It was dark along the highway, and motorists would have been traveling fast. It would be difficult to accurately describe what or who they saw. They could be mistaken (including the date or time) and sadly, there are those who deliberately report false sightings for what ever reason.

Even if what is found in this latest development is related to Asha, it doesn't necessarily mean that she was walking along the highway (her scent ended on her driveway, and was not picked up beyond that).

Yes, what ever does or does not happen with this will bring more attention to Asha's case and that is a positive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back