NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not a match. The towed car looks like a 1960s Rambler. The most basic differences, note the round headlights, two doors. Bottom car - 1970s, rectangle headlights, one door. The roof is different - bottom has a landau roof. Both green sedans, but 1960s and 1970s cars look different enough.
For anyone not being that knowledgeable about cars, and it being a dark rainy night, I can see where this car could have been mistaken for the ones LE distributed photos of.

Not a match. The towed car looks like a 1960s Rambler. The most basic differences, note the round headlights, two doors. Bottom car - 1970s, rectangle headlights, one door. The roof is different - bottom has a landau roof. Both green sedans, but 1960s and 1970s cars look different enough.
I'd say they are similar enough that it could be the car in question. I don't recall if it was an eyewitness testimony or was it camera footage that caused them to look for the green car? If it was eyewitness account of a car looking like that, I'd say it's very easy to get these mixed up. I'd say the color and the look is very similar. Now if it was a camera footage of an exact car, then I'd agree this isn't it.

Thank you. The address is public, but his name has not been mentioned in a news story yet. It is so strange to me. The property has been in the same family for years. So weird that they have not released it in a news article.

Thank you! As soon as a POI is named,I would imagine a ton of public info will be available.
Just so you know, I know who these folks are. (I was born/raised in Boiling Springs, NC) I did live on Fallston Rd right down the road from where Asha lived when I was 18 so I knew some about the area... I bet they won't release any names till we hear more of the story of if it's him or someone else associated with him or his wife....

I'd say they are similar enough that it could be the car in question. I don't recall if it was an eyewitness testimony or was it camera footage that caused them to look for the green car? If it was eyewitness account of a car looking like that, I'd say it's very easy to get these mixed up. I'd say the color and the look is very similar. Now if it was a camera footage of an exact car, then I'd agree this isn't i

I looked back to news articles and those bottom pictured cars were put out in the news as possible vehicles Asha got into. I guess the police have to go on what information they have, it is just very different in decade and body style.

Last edited:
I looked back to news articles and those bottom pictured cars were put out in the news as possible vehicles Asha got into. I guess the police have to go on what information they have, it is just very different in decade and body style.
And SIZE. Pictures really don't do justice to the big Lincolns and T-birds and Olds Cutlasses of that era like the ones in the example photos. They were called land yachts for a reason. I think it'd be easier to mistake the paint color than it would to mistake a Rambler for one of those.

And SIZE. Pictures really don't do justice to the big Lincolns and T-birds and Olds Cutlasses of that era like the ones in the example photos. They were called land yachts for a reason. I think it'd be easier to mistake the paint color than it would to mistake a Rambler for one of those.
What is interesting two doors v four doors. It sometimes takes more effort to open and close the longer door, even if you are sitting in the front, and more maneuvering to get in the back. The four door, equally easy to get in the front or back.

In any case, I do hope this is a fruitful lead and bring Asha family the answers they deserve.

Sep 11, 2024
As a large search in Cleveland County entered its second day, Channel 9 obtained video of authorities towing a green car away from the property.The car appears to resemble the description of a car the FBI was searching for in connection with the disappearance of 9-year-old Asha Degree. The FBI has previously shared the photos below saying tipsters told them Asha was picked up in a similar-looking car.

On Saturday Feb 19th, Someone found small footprints in a snowy field near the intersection of route 160 and 180. This discovery was uncovered rougly half a mile from the property they are currently searching

On Saturday Feb 19th, Someone found small footprints in a snowy field near the intersection of route 160 and 180. This discovery was uncovered rougly half a mile from the property they are currently searching

Sounds like they are looking in the right place. I hope they find something

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back