NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh my, this makes me wonder if one of them was driving and did accidently hit one of the girls and then the parents helped cover it up. I am not accusing anyone, but just suggesting a scenario that might make sense for a a teenager girl to harm a child and then the parents help clean it up. :(

According to the released search warrants, investigators found that Roy Dedmon used to send one of his daughters to “transport patients in an unreliable vehicle to/from Broughton Hospital in Morganton,” around the time Degree disappeared. “Highway 18 is the most logical route to travel to and from Northbrook Rest Home and/or Brighton Hospital,” investigators said.

Roy Dedmon reportedly send his daughter who was 16-17 years old at the time, and not Dedmon Ramirez.

Oh my, this makes me wonder if one of them was driving and did accidently hit one of the girls and then the parents helped cover it up. I am not accusing anyone, but just suggesting a scenario that might make sense for a a teenager girl to harm a child and then the parents help clean it up. :(
The warrant says that they believe Asha was the victim of a homicide, not an accident, so I don't think that fits.

Can anyone tell me the distance from the Degree home to the area someone reported seeing a young girl getting into a green car?
Google Maps puts it as just over a mile.

Here is a link to an article from 2016 with some earlier details about the circumstances surrounding the green car. Keep in mind the new articles are saying "pulled" into the car.

Snipped: [May. 25, 2016] Someone matching Asha's description was seen getting into a car on Highway 18 around the area where she was last seen. The vehicle is being described as an early 1970s Lincoln Mark IV or a Ford Thunderbird with rust around the wheel wells.
"This vehicle is right now considered a vehicle of interest, and it was occupied two times on the day of her disappearance," Cleveland County Sheriff Alan Norman said. "It had been discovered by leg work with by the sheriff office investigators along with the federal government."

I'm not sure what I was expecting in regards to the recent update in this case but it probably wasn't this. It sounds very convoluted and complicated. Fair play to LE for not giving up on Asha and her family. Hoping they are close to some sort of closure now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali
Back