NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe someone can answer this question I have. The warrant lists VHS tapes and cameras. Why would those have evidence if this was an accident? The flip phone could have records of calls so I got that, but seizing cameras and tapes makes it seem like this was an intentional amd recorded killing, IMOO
I would think that they sweep a wide net when it comes to collecting whatever they need to while conducting the search. They don't know what's on those devices until they analyze them and that will be done in a lab I would think. The collection of those items does not in itself mean that a crime was recorded; it does mean that they are leaving no stone unturned in this investigation and are considering all possibilities. Just my own opinion.

Ok so the car tip had been there from early in the investigation

…on the day Asha went missing, someone matching her description may have been seen getting into a distinctive vehicle along N.C. 18 where she was last seen. The vehicle was described as an early 1970s Lincoln Mark IV or possibly a Ford Thunderbird, dark green, with rust around the wheel wells. Shores says the information had been in the case file for years, but was “brought forward” when officers reopened the case and began looking at it from the beginning with fresh eyes. As officers continued looking into the possible sighting of Asha, the information “got to the level that the public needed to know.” Shores says

I find it interesting that the warrant states she was seen being “pulled into the green car”

Was that detail kept secret from the public? I knew there was a possible association with her and the green car but I don’t recall the “pulled in” detail.

If so, it sounds like they have more information alluding to her homicide.

I find it interesting that the warrant states she was seen being “pulled into the green car”

Was that detail kept secret from the public? I knew there was a possible association with her and the green car but I don’t recall the “pulled in” detail.

If so, it sounds like they have more information alluding to her homicide.
The words “pulled into” were not used until now. Previously they said “got into”. 2 totally different implications. So I agree that the change in verbiage is significant.

The words “pulled into” were not used until now. Previously they said “got into”. 2 totally different implications. So I agree that the change in verbiage is significant.

pondering - are there any other cases where police/investigators have changed verbiage like this as more information was released?

I do too. I think they used 'got into a car' originally in case someone came forward and said she got into their car. Then the police could say 'well actually....'

They are likely sitting on a lot more information too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack B
Back