NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it just me, or is it super weird this family kept all this evidence for 24 years, including the distinct car: Investigators Now Believe Asha Degree Was Killed & Her Body Was Hidden - WCCB Charlotte's CW
"Investigators also took DNA cheek swabs from Roy and Connie Dedmon last week. One of the properties investigators searched is a nursing home owned by Roy and Connie Dedmon. There, they seized documents related to Russell Underhill’s care, a photo, 2 earrings and a gray Jaguar."

I wonder what the "gray Jaguar" has to do with this case?

"Investigators also took DNA cheek swabs from Roy and Connie Dedmon last week. One of the properties investigators searched is a nursing home owned by Roy and Connie Dedmon. There, they seized documents related to Russell Underhill’s care, a photo, 2 earrings and a gray Jaguar."

I wonder what the "gray Jaguar" has to do with this case?
And two earrings. Do we know if Asha’s ears were pierced?

Maybe that Asha was the victim of a hit and run by the oldest daughter, and the parents helped cover it up.
I don't. I think it is something much more complicated. Also, there has been no information released that indicates Asha was injured or deceased when she entered the car. And we still don't know why she left the house so early in the morning, what time she left, what should have been in her backpack, who checked out the library book, or who the extra items in her backpack belonged to.

Another very important issue is whether the daughter, father, mother, or someone else was driving the green car? Just because it belonged to one person doesn't mean that person was driving it.

I'm, also, wondering if the green car was driven after Asha disappeared or has it been hidden all these years.

Do you have a link that the family was wealthy? Or that they had influence? Or that they likely wouldn’t have received jail time (which seems to be an attempt to impugn the reputation of Shelby, NC and Cleveland County, NC LE and justice systems)

If OP is stating their opinion, I think they should say so.

Jmo
I don't think anyone here could say with absolute certainty that the family is wealthy or had influence, but given what we know it's a fair assumption. They own multiple properties and Roy reportedly has 29 cars registered in his name. At different points in time they owned and operated multiple care homes as well as a private school. They were certainly prominent people within the town (especially considering Shelby is a relatively small town)

Is it just me, or is it super weird this family kept all this evidence for 24 years, including the distinct car: Investigators Now Believe Asha Degree Was Killed & Her Body Was Hidden - WCCB Charlotte's CW
It seems they have enough property to hide a car for twenty five years. Maybe they thought it was easier to hide any evidence, rather than throw it out and take the chance that it somehow traces back to them? They clearly don’t think like normal people, so who knows what their thought process was

If you go back to some of my earlier posts, you'll see where I mentioned how SEVERAL people deleted seeing a girl walking down 180, post the intersection of 18 & 180. I know the Dedmon guy was in trouble back in 2012 for animal abuse. It was SEVERELY emaciated and neglected. It was his niece that actually reported him. Also, could be something Could be nothing, But his brother-in-law passed away back in April. He was a preacher And I don't know, But one of my speculations Is did he maybe possibly admit Something to his pastor brother-in-law, You know Kind of the same way Catholics go to confession to receive absolution, Did he have something that was on his mind that he wanted to get off his chest And then turn did his brother-in-law not want to go to his grave Without sharing it with law enforcement? Again it's just purely speculation Again it's just purely speculation. He also owns or owned a trucking service. I don't think it's the same one that Roy Blanton worked for, but if you remember Roy Blanton said that he got on the CB radio and announced it, so that if anybody drove past, they didn't hit her. Could he have been possibly monitoring the CB radio that night, just a few minutes away from where she was spotted. It's available in public records That he holds a radio operator's license in the state of North Carolina, So he likely for sure owned a radio and likely monitored it frequently. There may also be some mention of 12 oaks Academy that comes up in all of this, But that's a whole nother story. The few things that I can say for certain are That the FBI, North Carolina state bureau of investigation, Cleveland County sheriff's, crime scene technicians, and K9 teams were definitely at the scene, A bluish green 80s Model car was for sure taken from the property, And law enforcement is being extremely extremely tight-lipped regarding the situation.

The CB radio has always bothered me and I have brought it up more than once here. Many people owned and used CB radios and even more had scanners. We have a "Special Rewind Requests" thread so I'm trying to see if I can get anything over there. I doubt it but it's worth a shot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl
Back