NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Either that or the NKOTB nightshirt was actually the younger Dedmon girl's at some point.
*Edited for clarification.
I do wonder how the characters in this story add up.

Could the youngest have been with that other character, (Uphill?) in the car that morning/night and used to lure Asha?

I’m starting to wind her how appropriate the relationship was between the 13 year old and the older man.

<modsnip -quoted post was removed>
I don't think anyone here could say with absolute certainty that the family is wealthy or had influence, but given what we know it's a fair assumption. They own multiple properties and Roy reportedly has 29 cars registered in his name. At different points in time they owned and operated multiple care homes as well as a private school. They were certainly prominent people within the town (especially considering Shelby is a relatively small town)
The extended family is large and owns multiple businesses.

The suspects lawyer ain't blaming the Degree's, he's blaming it on the dead guy. He knows which way this is going.
BTW this is a dirtbag lawyer, always has been.....If he sounds familiar he was also Thurman Price's lawyer in the Brenda Sue Brown case.... If he was the last lawyer left I would defend myself before I gave him a penny!

Last edited:
BTW this is a dirtbag lawyer, always has been.....If he sounds familiar he was also Thurman Price's lawyer in the Brenda Sue Brown case.... If he was the last lawyer left I would defend myself before I gave him a penny!
Well the Dedmons sure did themselves a favor hiring him then….. I hope something is found to truly tell us what happened and what their involvement in Asha’s fate is

Russell Underhill resided in two care homes operated by the Dedmons. Does anyone know what type of disability this poor guy had ? He was only 54 when he died. On his obituary it listed accident/ not work

This one?
Feb 14, 2020 SHELBY
20 years ago today, Asha Degree disappeared...never to be seen or heard from again. Our host, Saran Almond, went to the location where a 9 year old Asha Degree was last reported to be seen, at the approximate time she was reported to have left her home, and along the route she was seen walking according to police...and walked the route. In addition to the dark, imagine what Asha may have felt in the cold, in the rain, unprotected from the elements, during a power outage, walking down a two lane highway in the early morning hours between 2:30 and 4am...alone.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I do find it interesting that the PCA states the eldest daughter moved evidence when she moved homes. They name the eldest daughter quite a few times. Could this evidence just be the green car itself, or belongings of Asha?
Did anyone else notice too, that at the end of his stating of his qualifying achievements, he specifically mentioned specialized training inm cases involving Murder and 5exu@L Assault? He'd already qualified himself, so why throw those two things in at the end?

Did anyone else notice too, that at the end of his stating of his qualifying achievements, he specifically mentioned specialized training inm cases involving Murder and 5exu@L Assault? He'd already qualified himself, so why throw those two things in at the end?
From my understanding, it is common for all affiants in criminal warrants to list all their training and speciality if it applies or not.

ETA, implicated training and experience does add to probable cause, so perhaps those things are part of the probable cause?

Maybe that Asha was the victim of a hit and run by the oldest daughter, and the parents helped cover it up.

but didn't they say that witnesses said she was pulled into the car? i take that to mean she was walking and got snatched, but perhaps due to the time of night and weather it wasn't super clear how she was pulled into the car

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbjoe35
Back