NC Blue Alert, Greensboro officer killed, 12/30/23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sgt. Nix's funeral is today. Local news channels are broadcasting the procession and funeral live. Funeral is open to the public. I don't think I have ever seen an outpouring of support like this for a fallen officer before.

Last edited:
I think every law enforcement officer, first responder in the state were at the funeral. Even some from throughout the country. GSO police chief broke down during speech. Sgt. Nix came from 150 years of family being firefighters and when asked why he become a police officer, he said firefighters need heroes too.
The honor guard giving the flag to his widow Kelly was heart breaking but when they played GSO 911 dispatchers calling Sgt Nix one last time over the radio, I lost it.
The 21 gun salute, taps and bagpipes playing was very moving.
This city and it's people continue to amaze me since I moved here from Raleigh 7 years ago. People are so caring and kind, not like anyplace I have ever been. I could tell you personal stories of strangers helping me.
I am sorry for being so emotional but I have been so sad about the state of the world but seeing this gives me hope.
Greensboro lost a great man that helped make it what it is.
RIP Sgt. Nix.

This is what had me in tears. Final Call And End Of Watch. I listen to GPD boradcastify scanner on the weekends and have heard some scary situations for officers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back