NC - Body of newborn found in Rocky Mount dumpster, 7 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
mom3dd said:
I think that safe haven is not annoymus I remember a woman dropped off a newborn at a ?firestation and it was all over the news they were looking for the mother. That would intimadate me.

I remember reading about that - you have to hand the baby to someone and tell them you just can't take care of it. That would keep many from doing just that, fear of being found out and punished. If a mother could leave a baby inside somewhere safe and then call a number and have the baby immediately picked up, maybe, just maybe, more would be found alive. I know a man who would be 65 years old now who was dubbed Baby in the Bulrushes - deserted at some one's door as a new baby. He was later adopted by these same people and had a very good life. His theory was this couple were supposed to be his parents, it just took a little doing for them to get together.

Mom3dd, I TOTALLY know what you mean!

Alpharee, I will keep you in my thoughts. I think (excuse me for being forward) YOU should advertise. YOU be the BABY-911. You will get a baby a lot faster than you think. Especially if you are willing to pick up. (And--which totally won't matter, as soon as you hold that precious baby in your arms--if you don't need the baby to look exactly like you.)

Sadly, I don't think this case was ever solved. Shortly after the discovery, the death was labeled as a homicide.

July 2014:

Only officers mourn boy found in Rocky Mount dumpster

http://www.wral.com/only-officers-mourn-boy-found-in-rocky-mount-dumpster/13807926/

Seven years after his birth and death, police are still looking for the mother of a baby boy found dead in a Rocky Mount dumpster in 2007.

Officers say the baby was born alive, lived for a day or two, then was murdered and dumped.

After he was found by a homeless man, police held a funeral for the child. Some wept for a life never given a chance.

"We're just trying to step up and do the right thing in this case," said Det. Mike Lewis. "This is still a child. It was someone's baby."

Police: Newborn Found in Trash Bin Was Killed - February 12th 2007

Police on Monday declared that the case of a dead newborn found in a Dumpster in Rocky Mount last week is a homicide.

The medical examiner determined the infant was a white boy who was 2 days old. The baby was found Feb. 7 by a person looking for recyclable cans behind the Food Lion in the River's Edge shopping center off U.S. Highway 301.

"Based off information provided by the medical examiner's office, this case is now being investigated as a homicide. I want to make it clear this is not a case of an abandoned child or a stillborn case. This is a homicide," said Detective Mike Lewis of the Rocky Mount Police Department.

2 newborns found in the trash in the twin counties still on the cold case list

http://fightingcrimenc.com/index.php/2017/11/04/2-newborns-found-in-the-trash-in-the-twin-counties-still-on-the-cold-case-list/

Nicknamed John Nash, the baby found in 2007 is described as a white male infant who was two days old when he died. He still had his umbilical cord attached. The baby was found Feb. 2, 2007, by a homeless man rummaging through a dumpster behind the Food Lion on Harbour West Drive.

The baby was found wrapped in a white T-shirt stuffed in a yellow Cheetos bucket from Sam’s or BJ’s, but not sold in the region at the time.

Who is Baby John Nash? Facebook Page

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back