NC NC - Brandon McDonald, 35, truck found wrecked, Bladen Co, 25 Mar 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, just wanted to make sure I have the details as accurate as possible because I'm kind of confused on the back and forth of some details.

-Brandon left home @3am without saying where/why only telling his father he would be back
-Last known communication & ping from phone is @7:09am in Laurinburg telling his father he'd be by within the hr to get something but never shows
-Truck is found abandoned & wrecked in Hope Mills
Is this accurate to everyone's knowledge?

From my Google search:
Clarkton - Laurinburg 55 miles
Laurinburg - Hope Mills 35 miles
Hope Mills - Clarkton 45 miles
Would this be correct?

Tia ❤️

His last known communication was at 7:09am. To whom?
What was the last communication prior to the 3am departure? Is there a record showing him leaving his home at that time?

I looked back through the thread and didn’t see a picture of his truck.

That might help to add to his missing page? Did it have any identifying stickers, add-ons, etc?

Picture of the wreck? Might jog someone’s memory?

Did he live alone?

Okay, just wanted to make sure I have the details as accurate as possible because I'm kind of confused on the back and forth of some details.

-Brandon left home @3am without saying where/why only telling his father he would be back
-Last known communication & ping from phone is @7:09am in Laurinburg telling his father he'd be by within the hr to get something but never shows

From my Google search:
Would this be correct?

Tia ❤️
This is Brandon’s sister, yes the info you shared is correct.

@shoppy82 just wondering if you are willing to provide any more information. <modsnip> At the very least, I will keep my eyes peeled and keep it in mind.

I think the most important information would be the location of the Scotland County Sheriff and SBI search in the Laurinburg area using troopers on foot, K9 and drones in July 2021. They must have had a good lead to expend these resources.

Brandon had feather and dreamcatcher tattoos and was fascinated by wolves...even though he or his father or you don't look it, was he involved in the Lumbee community at all?

<modnsip: Sleuthing family members is not allowed>

It is obvious from your interviews and articles that Brandon had some previous years of very rough times and he had moved back in with his father. Even though perhaps he was clean at the time and for the time you had reconnected the previous 6 months, knowing the type and the look, I think he was obviously at some point into drugs, can you just say?

Many of the articles reference his 7:09 AM call home to his father and that his father was going to leave something out for him to pickup in around an hour. Do you know what it was?

Thanks
My brother was not using drugs or into drugs, please don’t judge him by his looks or type and automatically assume he was on drugs. I know Brandon and will stand by that statement that he was not into drugs. Also, I do know what he was going home to pick up but I am not saying. He was not involved with the Lumbee community

I would like to share this new reward poster for finding Brandon and bringing him home. We just want to find him and bring him home. Someone knows where he is and what happened to him. PLEASE SHARE this on your social media to reach as many people as possible. Thanks!

Attachments

• Updated Reward Poster.jpg
    Updated Reward Poster.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 22
I would like to share this new reward poster for finding Brandon and bringing him home. We just want to find him and bring him home. Someone knows where he is and what happened to him. PLEASE SHARE this on your social media to reach as many people as possible. Thanks!
Thank you for sharing Brandon's new reward poster. Hoping it will bring renewed interest and helpful information.

IMO, any news, after all this time, probably won't be good.

His poor family -- still in agony, but still hoping he will return safe and okay. I just can't imagine the roller-coaster feelings they must have. Every day.

“Friday, February 24, 2023 a multiple agency task force including Bladen County Sheriff’s Office, State Bureau of Investigation, Laurinburg Police Dept., Laurinburg Fire Dept., Scotland County Sheriff’s Office, Scotland County Search and Rescue, Hamlet Search and Rescue, Hamlet Fire Dept., NCK9 ERT, Cordova Fire Dept. continue to search thick wooded areas in Laurinburg for Brandon Carl Wayne McDonald from Bladen County,” stated the BCSO release.

McDonald was last heard from on March 25 of 2021 by his family and investigators believe he was last seen in Scotland County.

“There is a $5,000 Governor Reward to anyone with information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons believed to be involved in McDonald’s disappearance,” said the BCSO.

Glad to see all those groups are looking for him. The current weather will help WRT going all types of places. Mostly flat land there in that part of NC, and the temperature is in the 50's, 60's and higher so this will help, too. He's been missing almost 2 years.
Prayers for those searchers, and prayers for him and his family.

This is just such a nightmare for his family, I am sure. Birthdays, holidays, watching shows & sports on TV together, Sunday dinners, all those things that individuals and families enjoy together as much as possible.
Prayers for the family and for Brandon.

Oct 5, 2023

SCOTLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — Dena Cox is desperate for answers in the disappearance of her son, 35-year-old Brandon McDonald.

"It's been rough. As a mother. As a parent. As a family. No parent should live through this nightmare," said Cox.

McDonald was reported missing nearly two years ago in neighboring Bladen County, according to Captain Randy Dover with the Scotland County Sheriff's Office.

Brandon Carl Wayne McDonald​

mcdonald_brandon.jpg
mcdonald_brandon2.jpg
mcdonald_brandon3.jpg
mcdonald_brandon5.jpg
mcdonald_brandon9.jpg

McDonald, circa 2021; McDonald's tattoos; 2003 Ford F-150 pickup truck
  • Missing Since 03/25/2021
  • Missing From Clarkton, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 07/11/1985 (38)
  • Age 35 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 189 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A t-shirt, dark blue pants, boots, a blue and white baseball cap, a chain necklace with a blue cross pendant. a single earring, and a ring with a buffalo nickel on it. Carrying a turquoise Samsung Galaxy Note8 cellular phone and a pocketknife with a blue handle.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2003 Ford F-150 pickup truck (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Sandy blond hair, blue eyes. McDonald has tattoos of feathers on his upper arms; photos of them are posted with this case summary. One of his ears is pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

McDonald was last seen in Clarkton, North Carolina on March 25, 2021. He left home at about 3:00 a.m. without saying where he was going. His cellular phone last pinged in the area of Cooper Street in Laurinburg, North Carolina.

At 7:10 a.m. he called his father and they were supposed to meet at home within the hour, but McDonald never arrived and has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, his black 2003 Ford F-150 pickup truck was found wrecked and abandoned in Hope Mills, North Carolina. A photo of the truck is posted with this case summary.

McDonald's mother believes her son met with foul play and is dead, as she doesn't think he would have abandoned his family. She stated they were a very close-knit family who stayed in regular communication with each other. Police also believe McDonald was the victim of a crime. His case remains unsolved.

Last updated October 6, 2023; casefile added.

From my Google search:
Would this be correct?

Tia ❤️
Your mileages look correct. I grew up about 25--40 miles from those towns listed above. All small-ish towns, lots of farming and the usual small-town businesses, schools, etc., etc.
Just salt-of-the-earth folks, but not a lot of opportunity for high-paying jobs. The same, I'm sure, of many small towns in the U.S.

May 2024

The Bladen County Sheriff’s Office has worked on this case for a while, but now the SBI is in charge of the case.

Cox says the family also hired a private investigator to hopefully get them the answers they’ve been looking for.

There is still a $5,000 reward from both the Governor’s office and the family. $10,000 in total for any information that leads to finding Brandon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back