Found Deceased NC - Brendan Hurley, 23, & Anthony McCall, 21, Wake County, 16 July 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Two young Wake County men, Brendan Hurley, 23, and Anthony McCall, 21, went missing Tuesday evening. Police confirmed a car belonging to one of them was found Wednesday. Their parents said there was a bullet hole in the driver’s side windshield and blood inside. Police, however, wouldn’t confirm that. All they said was the car was found.

McCall told his girlfriend Hurley was giving him a ride to his mom’s house. He had to let her dog out.

Hurley told his mom he’d pick her up from work around 9 p.m. in Wake Forest.

Hurley lives in Franklinton. McCall lives in North Raleigh.

Mothers of men missing make plea for help after car found abandoned in Raleigh

file1-1-1.jpeg

This sounds bad. Why would both be missing? If someone was after them, why shoot and then get rid of the bodies? Sounds like a lot of work.
Or, if they're both alive, are they hiding, or being kept captive? For the parents' sake, I hope they're hiding.

Raleigh police searching for missing men after blood found in abandoned car :: WRAL.com

Katelin Brown, McCall's girlfriend, said she last heard from him shortly after he left with Hurley.

"We texted back and forth for the next 20 minutes. Then, at 6:53 [p/m/.], I got the last message from him," Brown said. "[He wrote] that he loved me and he doesn't want me to be sad."

*he doesn’t want her to be sad* that part stood out to me in the article.

Franklin County Sheriffs Office Narcotics Unit arrested Brendan Hurley of Youngsville and and charged with Felony-Maintaining Dwelling place
On March 23, 2017 the Franklin County Sheriffs Office Narcotics Unit arrested a Franklin County resident and charged him with multiple drug offenses. Investigators received information advising Brendan Hurley was allegedly selling marijuana from his residence and was in possession of illegal handguns and other illegal narcotics. A search of the residence was conducted and multiple firearms were seized from the residence along with crack cocaine and marijuana.

Brendan Hurley was arrested and charged with the following offenses: Felony-Maintaining Dwelling place, Felony Possession of Cocaine, Felony Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Marijuana, Misdemeanor Possess Marijuana Paraphernalia, and Felony- Possess stolen firearm.
Brendan Hurley was given a bond of $70,500 and released to the Franklin County Detention Center.

OH WELL,HIS MAMMA SAID HE WAS A HARD WORKER

He's my only son. He's my first born," Laura Hurley said Thursday. "He's a hard worker. He's responsible.

<modsnip - victim blaming>

Last edited by a moderator:
3 arrested in double homicide of missing men

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities have arrested two men and a juvenile in connection to the murders of 21-year-old Anthony James McCall and 23-year-old Brendan Robert Hurley.
[...]
Police have arrested 19-year-old Ryan Craig Veach and 21-year-old James Daishawn Robinson and both have been charged with two counts of Murder. A third person, a juvenile, has been charged with Accessory After the Fact to Murder.

So am I correct that their bodies have not been found and there is just enough blood to conclude that they were murdered?

Either that or they have been found and LE is choosing not to release that for some unknown reason. You can find Brendan's mom's name in some of the MSM and find her FB. IMO, she seems convinced that he is no longer alive.

I guess this article answers our question :

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article232979387.html

Raleigh police are still searching for two homicide victims who have been missing for nearly a week, and their families pleaded Monday for help finding their bodies.

Brendan Hurley, 23, and Anthony McCall, 21, were reported missing Wednesday. Three days later, police charged two men with their murder: Ryan Veach, 19, and James Daishawn Robinson, 21.

Both had their first appearance in court Monday, where District Court Judge Margaret Eagles told them they could face life in prison or the death penalty if convicted.

Also interesting :

In a public Facebook post Monday, Laura Hurley asked for volunteers to help search at the intersection of N.C. 231 and Covered Bridge Road in Zebulon.

Andrew Francis Carroll, 16, has been charged as an accessory in the case. He is accused of arranging for Hurley’s car to be scrapped and bringing it from Zebulon to a metal recycler on Garner Road.

Officials: Remains of missing Raleigh man, additional human remains found :: WRAL.com

BBM

Officials on Tuesday said through investigative means, detectives located the remains of Brendan Hurley, 23. Officials told WRAL his body was found in Johnston County on Saturday. Additional human remains were discovered in Nash County and transported to the Medical Examiner's office for further analysis, including testing required to positively identify them.

Officials did not say whether those remains were of Anthony James McCall, 21, who has also been missing since Tuesday.

Interesting to note that Johnston County is only slightly south of Zebulon, the location the juvenile agreed to drive the stolen car from to Raleigh. (Link above in my last post.)

Google Maps

Well, we knew this was likely the case but it’s still so hard to finally get that ID announced- I hope his mother and his baby and other loved ones can find peace in such an angering tragedy.. :(

Officials: Remains of missing Raleigh man, additional human remains found :: WRAL.com

BBM

Interesting to note that Johnston County is only slightly south of Zebulon, the location the juvenile agreed to drive the stolen car from to Raleigh. (Link above in my last post.)

Google Maps
Zebulon has a baseball stadium called Five County Stadium where the Carolina Mudcats play. The town is almost intersected by four counties, the fifth is a little further. Law enforcement is saying one body was found in Johnston County and also remains in Nash County. I wish they would name the towns because we would have a clearer picture, but you could easily leave Zebulon and drop something off both in Nash County and then Johnston County within 30 minutes. Driving the vehicle from Zebulon to that area of Raleigh where the car was dropped off you would not pass through Nash or Johnston County. I assume the bodies were disposed of before the car was taken by Carroll.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back