Deceased/Not Found NC - Charles Anthony Fuentes, 31, Fayetteville, 3 Mar 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Detectives Seek Persons of Interest in Missing Person Case

(Fayetteville, NC) – Detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a vehicle of interest and two (2) persons of interest who are believed to have information concerning the disappearance of Charles Fuentes who was last seen on March 3, 2018.

Charles Fuentes was last seen leaving Izzy’s Sports Bar located at 150 Andrews Road with Mark Allen Verhasselt (A/M, 42 years of age) of the 5200 block of Rockingham Road and Ryan Dewain Chavis (I/M, 23 years of age) of the 3300 block of Clemson Drive, in a dark color 2007 Lexus with North Carolina registration PCE-2228. Detectives believe Verhasselt and Chavis have information pertinent to the investigation and are requesting they make contact with Detectives. Verhasselt and Chavis have not been charged with any crime and are only believed to have information pertinent to this on-going investigation.

ShowImage

Verhasselt
ShowImage

Chavis

If anyone has information concerning the whereabouts of Charles Fuentes, they are asked to immediately call 911, contact Detective D. Johnson with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 224-3257, or contact Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet, or by downloading the FREE “P3 Tips” app available for Apple devices in the Apple App Store and available for Android devices in Google Play.

Detectives Continue to Seek Information on Missing Person

(Fayetteville, NC) – Detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department continue to request the public’s assistance in locating Charles Anthony Fuentes, who was reported missing on March 5, 2018. Fuentes last seen in the early morning hours on March 3, 2018 leaving Izzy’s Sports Bar located at 150 Andrews Road.

Charles Fuentes is described as a:
ShowImage

• Hispanic Male
  • 31 years of age
  • 6’02” in height
  • 160 to 170 pounds
  • Black Hair
  • Brown Eyes
  • Last seen wearing
    • Jeans
    • Brown coat
    • Headphones
Fayetteville Police Department

Public Notices | Fayetteville, NC

Victim in Myrtlewood homicide was person of interest in missing persons case

A man considered a person of interest in a Fayetteville missing persons case was found dead Tuesday in Horry County

Authorities said Mark Allen Verhasselt, 42, of the 5200 block of Brockingham Road was the victim of a homicide in Horry County.

Verhasslet was believed to have information about the disappearance of Charles Anthony Fuentes, 31, who was last seen leaving Izzy’s Sports Bar at 150 Andrews Road in the early morning hours of March 3.

[...]

Authorities do not believe Verhasslet’s death is connected with the missing persons case.

[...]

Police: Missing man was put in dog cage after fatal beating

Arrest, but i do not see if the body was found meanwhile
Doesn’t look like it...

Parents plead for return of missing son's body

The parents of a missing Fayetteville man believed to have been kidnapped and murdered said Friday they are angry, but they forgive his killers and want to find their son’s body.

“I think he’s evil. He has no heart, so I will pray for him,” said Mayra Fuentes, 59, whose son Charles Anthony Fuentes, 31, went missing March 3.

Her son was fatally beaten and his battered body stuffed into a metal dog cage, according to an arrest document in the Cumberland County Magistrate’s Office. Fuentes remains have not been found.

[...]

“We want to know where his remains are,” his father said. “He deserves a Christian burial.”

[...]

Volunteers are helping the mother of a murdered Fayetteville man find his remains. This weekend, divers and boats equipped with sonar are picking up that search on the Cape Fear River.

"It's been 16 months since Anthony Fuentes disappeared and was later said to be murdered. Since that time, Hurricane Florence has raised the river level and churned up the bottom. But that's not stopping his family from trying to find him.

On Friday, two boats went in the water. The victim's mother and father were onboard. Volunteers were using sonar to mark suspicious debris at the bottom of the river that divers from Virginia will check out over the weekend.

Fuentes was last seen leaving Izzy's Sports Bar on Ramsey Street on March 3, 2018. Police have since charged Ryan Chavis, 23, with his murder. Investigators were told Fuentes was killed then his body was stuffed into a dog cage that was dumped into the river.

Mother holds out hope of finding body of missing son :: WRAL.com

July 17, 2024

A family has serious concerns about justice after learning that a man convicted in connection with their son's murder is scheduled for release next month. This comes several years before his original eight-year sentence was due to end.

"I fear for my life. For the life of my family because I believe there's an angry person in there that's is about to be released," Mayra Fuentes, Anthony's mother said.

The family says part of Chavis' plea deal was to tell where Fuentes' body was located.

Chavis told authorities he was beaten, put into a dog cage and dumped into the Cape Fear River. However, Fuentes' body was never found.

Without a death certificate, Anthony Fuentes' 12- and 15-year-old sons cannot access his Social Security benefits.

"No body, no death certificate," Charles Fuentes, Anthony Fuentes' father, said. "There is money that they could have been receiving already and they have not."

More at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back