NC NC - Charlotte, Statesville Ave, Wht/HispFem 20-40, UP8724, 'Virginia Beach' TShirt, Mar'11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My theory this UID did live in or near Charlotte and vacationed to Virginia Beach because it was a good vacation spot fairy close by. Where I live, a lot of people simply travel a few hours for vacation.
I would assume the UID died in the summer of '10, based on the shirt, maybe the summer of '09.

I did a bit of googling and determined that a woman who can wear a size 4 boy's shoe wears approximately a size 6 women's shoe, give or take a half size.

I used a formula found on ehow: "Subtract two from the female shoe size. This is the boy's shoe size that will fit the female whose foot was previously measured. For example, if the female foot measured 9 inches in length, she would wear a size 6 in women's shoes; six minus two equals four. The female who wears a size 6 in women's shoes would wear a size 4 in boy's shoes."

What about one of these?

Amelia Antonio, last seen June 2009, 17 at disappearance, 5'1", 110 lbs, hair is black and long: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5800/20/

Terri Tersak, last seen June 2009, 33 at disappearance, 5’0”, 100 lbs, hair is dark brown and long: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12467/21/

Amelia had run away before. Godwin, where she disappeared from, is near Fayetteville. Charlotte is the largest city in NC, maybe it appealed to her.

Articles about Terri seem to hint that her spouse may be responsible for her disappearance. Charlotte is an easy drive from Asheville, and far enough away that a body found in Charlotte may not be connected to a woman missing from the mountains.

I did a bit of googling and determined that a woman who can wear a size 4 boy's shoe wears approximately a size 6 women's shoe, give or take a half size.

I used a formula found on ehow: "Subtract two from the female shoe size. This is the boy's shoe size that will fit the female whose foot was previously measured. For example, if the female foot measured 9 inches in length, she would wear a size 6 in women's shoes; six minus two equals four. The female who wears a size 6 in women's shoes would wear a size 4 in boy's shoes."

Width is also a factor. I can wear a size smaller in men/boy's because they're usually cut wider. So even though I'm usually an 8, I'll often get a 5 boys.

I was pretty "petite" myself (until I had kids) so I'm going to throw out a few opinions that may or may not help. If they estimated her weight to be about 110 lbs, and her shoe size may be a women's 6 or 6.5..(I'm a 6.5 and wear a 4 in boys also)..I'm going to say she was somewhere between 4'11 and 5'3. (I'm 5 ft tall and the Drs say I should be about 115lbs to be "healthy"). I'd probably also expand the age parameter on account of the weight. Also maybe the weight parameter on account of the bra size..if you're 110 there's hardly anything to fill that cup unless you have really good genes. ;) She could be a bit younger than she appears also. I passed the 110 mark at about 16 years old. Just in my estimation; with comparison to the measurements I'd say she's about 18 or 19 years old (or closer to the younger end of the spectrum), 115-118 lbs and probably about 5'1- 5'2. That's my gut feeling and my own opinion. Also, if I may interject..she was wearing a black bra with a white shirt. It was either a really casual thing, or she was just acting careless. Sometimes, when I go to the drive through..I don't care what I wear. I'm all about "comfort"..Which makes me believe we have someone who was in their house or a comfortable place at the time their life was interrupted. Maybe she went to go help a stranded friend and threw her shoes on and left. That's just the feeling I get. JMOO all around.

I think that's a pretty sound analysis. Interesting thought about what she's wearing. That would imply that maybe we should look for somebody who went missing while running errands or something like that.

My first thought was Brittanee Drexel, but maybe she doesn't quite fit.

That ought to have been a DNA match if it was her.

Thank you, carbuff. I don't usually wander into the unidentified threads, so I'm not familiar with how it works. I will say, it was the black bra that made me think of Brittanee. She was wearing one under the yellow tank top the night before she disappeared.

Thank you, carbuff. I don't usually wander into the unidentified threads, so I'm not familiar with how it works. I will say, it was the black bra that made me think of Brittanee. She was wearing one under the yellow tank top the night before she disappeared.

Yes, there are a lot of similarities, aren't there?

The UID and missing person entries in Namus under DNA indicate whether DNA is in the system (under "DNA"). Those entries are automatically compared with each other periodically, and if they match, LE and a bunch of others are notified. The DNA does have to be the same kind (mitochondrial or maternal, versus nuclear) and of a good enough quality to work with, so it's sometimes possible that an automatic comparison isn't being made. If there's a strong reason to think it's a match, it can be checked by hand.

Yes, there are a lot of similarities, aren't there?

The UID and missing person entries in Namus under DNA indicate whether DNA is in the system (under "DNA"). Those entries are automatically compared with each other periodically, and if they match, LE and a bunch of others are notified. The DNA does have to be the same kind (mitochondrial or maternal, versus nuclear) and of a good enough quality to work with, so it's sometimes possible that an automatic comparison isn't being made. If there's a strong reason to think it's a match, it can be checked by hand.

Well, I hope it is checked by hand. I'll feel better when it states BD has been excluded. There are just too many similarities. :(

At first I was thinking, right off the intersection of two major interstates like that, it could be anybody. But it doesn't look like Statesville Road/US21 connects directly to either I77 or I485 for a couple of miles in either direction.

That looks like a light industry industrial park. Quite likely to be deserted in the middle of the night. Somebody travelling northbound on i77 could have noticed the large dark area, exited onto I-485 eastbound and then onto SR110, then doubled back through the industrial park, but I'd think it's more likely to be somebody who has worked in that area, made deliveries, frequently driven past, etc.

A new article on this case, with a new reconstruction of this woman...

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/99715407-story

CMPD asks for public's help in 2011 cold case

POSTED:MAR 02 2016 04:22PM EST
UPDATED:MAR 02 2016 04:33PM EST

CHARLOTTE, NC - Detectives with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department have worked with Anthropology professors with Davidson College and the Davidson Police Department to create a forensic reconstruction of the possible victim in a 2011 cold case.

Combine_1456954057359_926619_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

I think Shasta may have been found. Her name doesn't show up on the Charley name index but there's a (dead) update link indicating she used to be there, and a link to her namus page returns a permission error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on the new sketch, I'd guess the woman's nose had possibly been broken at some point in her life. Or could it have been an injury that occurred post-mortem? Maybe right before her death? Her nose seems very distinct. Paired with her teeth/chin. Hopefully this new sketch will bring some leads and this woman finds her way back to her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy
Back