Found Deceased NC - Chris Merrill, 34, Raleigh, 6 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ccpittma

Reaction score

Family starts search party for missing Raleigh man seen near Silver Lake :: WRAL.com

Chris Merrill is missing from Raleigh NC. Last seen around midnight on October 6th. His phone was found inside his apartment. His car was parked outside his apartment, leading us to believe he left on foot. These actions are out of nature Chris. He has always had a great relationship with his parents and two sisters, and is usually in contact with them daily. His family is currently in Raleigh looking for him. Police have thoroughly checked a lake located in close proximity to his apartment. They have now taken over the search initially led by family, friends, and a concerned community.

His HOA recently installed cameras around the pool, and Chris is said to have been captured on camera—although this footage has not yet been released.

OCT 6, updated OCT 7, 2020
Family starts search party for missing Raleigh man seen near Silver Lake :: WRAL.com
  • Last seen leaving his home off Tryon Road around midnight early Tuesday morning. (Oct 6)
  • As early as 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday, emergency crews were searching Silver Lake, a small body of water off Tryon Road in Raleigh, and the surrounding neighborhood after Merrill's girlfriend reported he never came home. (It sounds like this search took place on Wednesday? It seems unlikely that they were searching a lake 4.5 hours after he was last seen.)
  • Chris did not take his cellphone with him when he left his home at 2400 block of Swans Rest Way خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ , which was strange, his girlfriend said.
  • His parents and sisters joined the search Wednesday morning and created a Facebook event to ask the public for help.
  • Family members said they last spoke to him on Monday, when he talked enthusiastically about a camping trip planned for this weekend.
Facebook: Chris Merrill

Last edited:
OCT 6, updated OCT 7, 2020
  • Last seen leaving his home off Tryon Road around midnight early Tuesday morning. (Oct 6)
  • As early as 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday, emergency crews were searching Silver Lake, a small body of water off Tryon Road in Raleigh, and the surrounding neighborhood after Merrill's girlfriend reported he never came home. (It sounds like this search took place on Wednesday? It seems unlikely that they were searching a lake 4.5 hours after he was last seen.)
  • Chris did not take his cellphone with him when he left his home at 2400 block of Swans Rest Way خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ , which was strange, his girlfriend said.
  • His parents and sisters joined the search Wednesday morning and created a Facebook event to ask the public for help.
  • Family members said they last spoke to him on Monday, when he talked enthusiastically about a camping trip planned for this weekend.
Facebook: Chris Merrill
I wonder if he always carried his cell phone? I do.
great to see you @PommyMommy

Could he have been walking to get food or drink or groceries? Got robbed or hit by a car or something??? There is a nearby Food Lion plaza with some food options. Then a little farther is a Public House. The pool is at the front of his community so he would have walked past to get to main road (Tryon Rd). But there is also a big lake and some wooded areas too.

I'm wondering why the search would have been postponed? Time is critical in missing persons cases and I would think everyone involved in the search would be eager to get out and cover as much ground as possible to find him.

Agreed. And it’s sunny, clear blue skies and like 70 degrees today.

Hopefully it’s being called off for a good reason and not because of something nefarious in the disappearance.

Could he have been walking to get food or drink or groceries? Got robbed or hit by a car or something??? There is a nearby Food Lion plaza with some food options. Then a little farther is a Public House. The pool is at the front of his community so he would have walked past to get to main road (Tryon Rd). But there is also a big lake and some wooded areas too.
I can’t see walking to get food or buy groceries at Food Lion. I think Food Lion closes at 10pm. Most fast food is drive up only right now.
Plus to leave without his cell phone?
Did he take his wallet?

Where did he tell his girlfriend he was going? Was she at home when he left?
Big piece of information missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back