PA - Assassination attempt, shooting injures former POTUS Donald Trump, leaves 1 spectator deceased two in critical condition, 13 July 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised if Thomas Michael Crooks is an injustice collector/grievance collector with trouble fitting in. Something seen with other assassins like Jared Loughner, Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Guiteau, and John Hinckley Jr.

Last edited:
I know this has obviously been said before, but seeing the video of Trump just slightly moving his head and avoiding that bullet going straight in his head and just catching his ear is absolutely insane. It really is the most Trump thing ever lol.

RIP Corey. :( He sounded like a great guy who protected his family from getting hurt/killed in exchange for himself. It's just so sad this whole thing ever happened.

MOO, speculation, but I wonder if Crooks (or his family as a whole) was friendly enough with local LE that his presence, even with a weapon, would have been overlooked. Counselors in small towns often cross paths with LE due to their mandated reporter status.
The distance between the Crooks’ home and the rally site is over 50 miles, so I’m sure no one knew him.

The FBI said Monday that agents have accessed the data on the cellphone belonging to Crooks, and technical experts “continue to analyze his electronic devices,” the agency said in a statement.

Officials are trying to determine why Crooks opened fire at the rally for Trump in Butler, Pa., leaving the former president wounded, one rallygoer dead and two others critically injured. Even with access to the gunman’s family and friends, his phone and the phones of some of the people he communicated with, investigators have found little information pointing to a motive, according to people familiar with the probe who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

I’m watching local KDKA news. Someone was seen going into the shooter’s home with a suitcase. Whoever it was wouldn’t answer the reporter. One neighbor let media from 3 countries sit on her porch when it rained tonight. Another neighbor is worried about people retaliating against the neighborhood since shooter’s motives not yet known. He says he hopes their neighborhood isn’t known forever only by this.

I'ma offer a theory from the perspective of one of the counter snipers...

the radio says there's a man with a gun
on a roof, half of which slopes away = out of sight
I know which roof but I can't see him
since there's a gun, does training say "pepper the roofline with bullets right now"?

I finally spot him at the same time he shoots
I immediately shoot
my first shot hits and kills him
but since his finger's still on the trigger
a few more scattered shots from the roof hit the audience

Here are the courses TMC took to obtain his Engineering Science, A.S.degree. He was set to attend Robert Morris University Robert Morris University | Pittsburgh, PA in the fall

One thing I considered is tc lived hour and a half.

Second is he may have purchased ammo there before.

Jmo
Good point.
He could have purchased it in a store where he could have been known along with his father.
Same as James and Ethan Crumbley when the 9mmhandgun was purchased, JC was known to them.
Has TMC been to a gun range with the firearm?
I haven't looked online but where the shooters gun was bought and the ammo is usually publicized along with interviews.

He claimed he was a Republican, but he donated to the Democrats and tried to kill the Republican candidate. The irony.

I wasn’t saying buying Ammon or a rifle is wrong or unusual. He was seen carrying a rifle on the grounds. Isn’t that unusual?
Maybe I misread but it seemed like the thread you were responding too was speaking generally and one user did mention red flags when buying ammo.

But in any case, I wonder how it was transported? And what time he arrived (was it way early and he hid somewhere so people just didn’t see him?) I’m not sure how he would’ve been missed on the grounds with an AR15 or whether or not people did notice it and just weren’t alarmed..very odd

He claimed he was a Republican, but he donated to the Democrats and tried to kill the Republican candidate. The irony.
I thought I had heard he donated to the Republicans, but in any event I get the feeling this really wasn’t even about politics per se or a hatred of Trump but more of gaining notoriety for taking out (or trying to take out) a very polarizing celebrity. I could be wrong but from what little I’ve gathered he doesn’t really seem someone who did this for some vengeance against Trump or the Republican Party. MOO

Crooks was also described to us as a savant when it came to computer tech. He was one of the most talented students in class -- being able to take computers apart and reassemble them without a hitch.

He was into video games, too, especially "Fortnite" and "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege." For what it's worth, those are both first-person shooter games.

TMZ

Three snipers were stationed inside building used in Trump assassination attempt​

There were three snipers stationed inside the building the shooter used during Saturday's shooting of former President Donald Trump, a local law enforcement officer with direct knowledge of the incident tells CBS News.
The operations plan had them stationed inside the building looking out windows toward the Trump rally. The information about the three snipers being inside the building was first reported by BeaverCountian.com.
One of the snipers inside saw Thomas Matthew Crooks outside and looking up at the roof, observing the building and disappearing, a local law enforcement officer tells CBS News.

Crooks came back, sat down and looked at his phone. At that point, one of the snipers took a picture of him. Crooks took out a rangefinder and the sniper radioed to the command post. Crooks disappeared again and then came back a third time with a backpack. The snipers called in with information that he had a backpack and said he was walking towards the back of the building.

Officers believe that Crooks might have used an air conditioning unit to get on top of the roof.
By the time other officers came for backup, he had climbed on top of the building and was positioned above and behind the snipers inside the building, the officer said.

Two other officers who heard the sniper's call tried to get onto the roof. State police started rushing to the scene, but by that time, a Secret Service sniper had already killed Crooks, the officer said, adding that Crooks had an improvised explosive device in his pocket, in addition to explosive materials in his car.

It seems that one of them would have walked out to get a closer look at him or to watch his immediate activity. I don’t understand that.

I’m watching local KDKA news. Someone was seen going into the shooter’s home with a suitcase. Whoever it was wouldn’t answer the reporter. One neighbor let media from 3 countries sit on her porch when it rained tonight. Another neighbor is worried about people retaliating against the neighborhood since shooter’s motives not yet known. He says he hopes their neighborhood isn’t known forever only by this.
This isn’t a place where an infamous crime happened, so I don’t see that happening. It’s not like going to see the Watts house, or some other infamous location.

It’s where a failed assassin happened to live.

Had he succeeded, then I could see the house becoming a bit of a tourist attraction. Moot point now though.

It seems that one of them would have walked out to get a closer look at him or to watch his immediate activity. I don’t understand that.
I imagine protocol is to communicate with officers on the ground, as opposed to leaving their post. They have a specific role, and they everyone else has theirs.

This isn’t a place where an infamous crime happened, so I don’t see that happening. It’s not like going to see the Watts house, or some other infamous location.

It’s where a failed assassin happened to live.

Had he succeeded, then I could see the house becoming a bit of a tourist attraction. Moot point now though.
I think his concern was that since it’s unknown if TC targeted Trump with a political motive, that people may think the neighborhood is full of trump haters and someone will retaliate. It’s a modest suburban neighborhood. There is a perception in Pittsburgh that the South Hills is liberal.

I thought I had heard he donated to the Republicans, but in any event I get the feeling this really wasn’t even about politics per se or a hatred of Trump but more of gaining notoriety for taking out (or trying to take out) a very polarizing celebrity. I could be wrong but from what little I’ve gathered he doesn’t really seem someone who did this for some vengeance against Trump or the Republican Party. MOO

Good point. If it was about politics he wouldn’t be killing one and donating to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95