Found Deceased NC - Chris Merrill, 34, Raleigh, 6 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I personally knew Chris, and he truly was a great guy. It’s been years since I have spoken with him—but when I initially heard he was missing, and the circumstances regarding his disappearance—My heart immediately sank and I knew the conclusion wouldn’t be good. I’ve learned of some interesting things since then in regards to someone close with him, who he had been with prior to his disappearance. Of course, that can’t be discussed further here until we see how things play out. I’m interested for autopsy results to come out. I’m assuming here, that Chris was found in the lake that was being searched this morning when the search was officially called off. To me, that says one of two things: Chris either entered the body of water himself (whether intoxicated and on accident, or with a specific means to an end), or, he was deceased before his body entered the water. If the latter ends up being the case, it will only be a matter of time before a POI is named. This is truly a heartbreaking case. He was the type of guy that would drop anything in a heartbeat, no matter what time of day, if you really needed his help. Hopefully, some peace can come to his family, and to his spirit, with a prompt resolution of this case.

I personally knew Chris, and he truly was a great guy. It’s been years since I have spoken with him—but when I initially heard he was missing, and the circumstances regarding his disappearance—My heart immediately sank and I knew the conclusion wouldn’t be good. I’ve learned of some interesting things since then in regards to someone close with him, who he had been with prior to his disappearance. Of course, that can’t be discussed further here until we see how things play out. I’m interested for autopsy results to come out. I’m assuming here, that Chris was found in the lake that was being searched this morning when the search was officially called off. To me, that says one of two things: Chris either entered the body of water himself (whether intoxicated and on accident, or with a specific means to an end), or, he was deceased before his body entered the water. If the latter ends up being the case, it will only be a matter of time before a POI is named. This is truly a heartbreaking case. He was the type of guy that would drop anything in a heartbeat, no matter what time of day, if you really needed his help. Hopefully, some peace can come to his family, and to his spirit, with a prompt resolution of this case.
So very sorry for your loss and I sincerely hope there is swift justice should that be necessary
JMO

He was the type of guy that would drop anything in a heartbeat, no matter what time of day, if you really needed his help. Hopefully, some peace can come to his family, and to his spirit, with a prompt resolution of this case.

I'm very sorry for your loss and the loss to his family and other friends. Sadly, Raleigh has had more than its share of tragic losses of late.

Rest in peace, Chris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back