NC NC - Daniel Price (found: Christopher Burgess, & Natasha Myers),adults, Davidson County, 23 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Investigators are still seeking new leads in the case of a Davidson County man reported missing in January.

Daniel Price was reported missing on Jan. 25 along with two other people, Christopher Ryan Burgess and Natasha Lee Myers, both of whom returned home days later.

Daniel Price was reported missing on Jan. 25 along with two other people, Christopher Ryan Burgess and Natasha Lee Myers, both of whom returned home days later.

Price is a Central Davidson High School graduate who moved back to the county in October after following his family to the coast of N.C. where they have lived for the past eight years, according to his girlfriend, Jenn Riffe.

Riffe said she has not seen Price since Jan. 22 when he left to go to the Oakwood Acres house he owns with Burgess. Riffe said her last contact was a phone call with Price around 1:15 a.m. and then a text message again around 1:40 a.m. on Jan. 23.

When Riffe had not heard from Price by the end of the day Jan. 23, she went to the house to check on him. Riffe said Price’s car was at the residence, but no one answered the door. By the following Thursday, law enforcement became involved, she said.

Shortly after his disappearance, Riffe said it was out of character for Price to be out of touch. Price typically speaks with her and his mother about four to five times a day, with text message communication in between, she said.

“We just want Danny,” Riffe said shortly after he disappeared.

In talking with investigators after they returned home, Burgess and Myers said they had not seen Price for several days, according to Capt. Cory Mann. The pair said they were with Price at the Oakwood Acres home near High Rock Lake the night of Jan. 22 and early the next morning, but that they and Price went their separate ways, Mann said.

In March, Mann said investigators with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office had exhausted all known leads. No new information had been brought forward since the initial investigation, even after multiple property searches were conducted in the area, he added.

Investigators were still interviewing multiple people in connection with the case at that point, but earlier this week, Mann said there was still no new information brought forward.

Anyone with information regarding Price’s disappearance is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at (336) 242-2105. Cpl. M. Riddle is leading the investigation.

Missing man case remains unsolved

Ugh, what a frustrating case! I was hoping Chris would be found by now. I don't feel that he took off on his own, something terrible happened to him in my heart.

I think it's time for the family to hire a PI. Or call Tim from EQUUsearch.

Have there been any updates on this case? Most of the online articles I'm finding are from around the time he went missing.

I agree that the friends' story is beyond shady, and that their subsequent actions, as reported, are very suspicious. I just can't think of a motive, though, since it seems the two men were best friends and no animosity has been reported between them.

Nevertheless, I think LE needs to keep close tabs on the friend and his girlfriend. I'm convinced they know more than they're telling.

Gov. offers $5,000 to help find missing man last seen in January

North Carolina's governor's office is offering a reward to help find a missing man.

After five months of searching, a $5,000 reward is being offered to find Daniel Price, 30. Price went missing from Lexington in January.

Gov. Cooper's office is offering the reward for information that leads to an arrest in the disappearance of Price.

Have there been any updates on this case? Most of the online articles I'm finding are from around the time he went missing.

I agree that the friends' story is beyond shady, and that their subsequent actions, as reported, are very suspicious. I just can't think of a motive, though, since it seems the two men were best friends and no animosity has been reported between them.

Nevertheless, I think LE needs to keep close tabs on the friend and his girlfriend. I'm convinced they know more than they're telling.

They are clearly the reason for his disappearance.

I hope they find his body soon. It may be the only thing that leads back to them.

"Shortly before midnight on January 23, 2019, he left a "very long, but disturbing" voicemail message for his mother."

I'd never heard this bit before?

All points to foul play.
I was going to post the same. That’s new information for us, as well as the fact that he talked to and texted his girlfriend in the wee hours of January 23rd. I’m leaning toward foul play that was unplanned.

Is there any confirmation about the voicemail to his mom and its contents?

highly suspicious of foul play, certainly appears that the former best friend likely had an altercation with Danny (perhaps wanting 100% of their shared home but not wanting to buy out Daniel’s portion?) which resulted in Danny’s death, then drove out of state to dispose of the remains and any evidence. I have hope that a resolution to this case is obtainable and that Danny’s remains will be recovered.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

States his NamUs page was modified on Feb 5 2021.

upload_2021-2-5_18-37-56.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
Left with Roommate and roommates girlfriend , all cell phones off, 4 days later roommate and his girlfriend return after impromptu trip which took them to Knoxville, Tenn. by way of Virginia and possibly West Virginia. Daniel had No Identification with him. He has multiple tattoos one on right for arm with a name "Zuri".

I feel for his family and hope they get answers soon.

Are there any other photos of his tattoos besides those on the Charley Project page?
There's another view of some at Namus on his poster. It's a bit confusing as it says "Zuri" is on his right for(e) arm, whereas the picture shows it on his left arm. It's not a reversed image like some selfies are. No info on who Zuri is.

RS&BBM,

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Circumstances of Disappearance
Left with Roommate and roommates girlfriend , all cell phones off,
4 days later roommate and his girlfriend return after impromptu trip which took them to Knoxville, Tenn. by way of Virginia and possibly West Virginia. Daniel had No Identification with him. He has multiple tattoos one on right for arm with a name "Zuri".

Well now, that's certainly suspicious isn't it. Have police named them as suspects yet?

Hi @SuspishAF81. I'm not sure what you were trying to communicate to us with this link. However, from following the remarks on an associated FB page, I learned that Chris Burgess, Price's roommate and one of the original missing trio, is now deceased. I don't know if he was ever considered a POI or not in Price's disappearance, so it's not clear what else about him can be mentioned here at Websleuths.

Obituaries
Christopher Ryan Burgess, 32, of Lexington, North Carolina, passed away July 27, 2020 at WFBH Lexington Medical Center in Lexington.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back