NC NC - Deborah 'Debbie' Wolfe, 28, Fayetteville, 26 Dec 1985

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know but I have already talked to a head detective and he tried to find the case number, I am meeting with him soon to discuss the case

I hope you get somewhere on figuring it out. Definitely a strange case.

It's a shame her mother died without knowing the truth. Something horrible happened here-why was she wearing clothes that didn't fit. That crime scene was messy as hell.

One thing I don't get-Debbie lived alone in a small cabin way back from the road-how far away were neighbors? If I were a woman alone, I wouldn't live there. Too many things could happen.

The police botched this and I wonder if it was done on purpose.

The owner of the cabin didn’t live far, within eyesight but still it was sit back in the pine trees and the cabin still is but no one has lived there for decades.

Police totally botched this case and doesn't even have the case number in their own files or any computer records

Thanks

The Debbie Wolfe murder is horrific. It's 100% obvious that this was a murder, not a suicide. This case has a lot of strange elements:

-DW's body being found in a burn barrel which later disappeared; it's very possible/probable this was the one the mother remembers seeing on DW's property (that they used for target shooting). Strange that the authorities said that there wasn't a burn barrel, when the initial searcher(s) were 100% she was in one (when she was first found in the water). Sounds like a classic case of incompetence/sloppiness, or possibly an intentional cover-up.

-Debbie being dressed in clothes that obviously weren't hers.

-Her house being a mess (including a nurse uniform on the floor in the kitchen) which apparently wasn't normal for her.

-Empty beer cans in the yard near the car, which weren't the brand that Debbie drank. Also, even if Debbie did drink them - why would she have kept them strewn all over the yard, if she had been as neat/meticulous as her family claimed?!

-The mysterious phone message from someone saying that they missed her at work, and that she had missed a lot of days (when her mother knew that wasn't true). They never said who this phone message was from, but it almost sounded like a concerned supervisor. However, it wasn't mentioned that the call was from someone legitimate. So, given that the call was treated with suspicion in the segment & the mother saying that Debbie rarely missed work, it sounds like the call was from someone either 'checking in' on Debbie, or possibly someone covering his tracks?!

It sounds like Debbie was single & lived alone (no room-mates were mentioned). And, she lived in an isolated cabin near a lake. So - unfortunately, whatever happened to her probably wasn't seen or heard by anyone - since it didn't seem that anyone lived nearby.

As far as who possibly committed the murder & the ransacking/trashing of the house, etc:

It's possible that either of the two suspects the family suspected (the two volunteers at the hospital who were bugging her for a date, but that she wasn't into) could have done this, but it also sounds like they were both cleared by the authorities.

Another possibility is that this was a completely random crime. I.e., I wonder if some psycho/junkie/criminal just wandered into the area & decided to kill her & trash the cabin, possibly looking for valuables?! Or, maybe someone she didn't know knew about the cabin & wanted to see if she had anything of value they could steal?! Given the isolation of the cabin, I don't see this even being that unlikely. The parents & LE didn't mention whether or not anything of value was missing from the cabin, but I doubt she had much of value there anyway.

This tragic case absolutely should have and would have been solved had LE not been so incompetent. Debbie Wolfe deserved better.
Here is the most comprehensive account I could find regarding the case of Debbie Wolfe:

Do we know if LE interviewed the supervisor at the hospital that DW worked at to see if she actually had missed days of work recently? This detail could help put in perspective the voice-mail the male volunteer left, because if she had been sick earlier in the month with missing days, the message wouldn't seem as suspicious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back