GUILTY NC - Demytre Pendleton, 2, beaten to death, Charlotte, 9 Sept 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For the record!

Somehow I mistakenly stated that Demytre's father is in prison.

He is in Rochester, NY. Please accept my apology for my error.

1qU3Ds.Em.138.jpg

Such a precious little angel. How could anyone harm him. Look at those beautifu big eyes and cute little grin. So adorable.

My prayers go out to the grieving family.

ugh, warning, the following link has the suspects family member claiming no way, not him, nu-uh, he wouldn't do that...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44463260/ns/local_news-charlotte_nc/

This whole thing is so strange. Nothing about the mother. Where was she, where is she? How did this happen and she didn't know anything.

Where was DSS? I don't get it. Demytre was too young to speak for himself. Someone needed to step and and do something.

I understand a police investigation but the child should have been protected while they investigated.

If this is Charlotte's new way of doing things rather than removing a child from the home, well guess what..........IT ISN'T WORKING!

Exactly, one more time! It makes me sick. Another father in prison, mother hooking up with some guy, and the baby ends up dead! Forgive me if I sound angry. I AM!

I haven't been able to find anything about the mother. No a word! I just don't get it!

It seems that some women (and men, I'm sure) simply cannot get along without a man by their sides at all times. The guy could have charmed her, who knoze?? And sometimes a 2 year old can seem like a handful and a "handicap" when trying to date. She may have "settled" for this guy -- and we have no idea what made them arrest him so quickly. Need more info, huh?

I've just spent about 45 min or more trying to find the mother's name with no luck at all. Were she and Demytre's father married?

I'm not on Facebook or My Space (trying to stay out of another "time-stealer" type of thing)... I'm sure someone has tried from those angles, right??

I'm all out of ideas for now. But I'll keep trying, as the rest of us will, I'm sure.

Bizarre, IMO.

It seems that some women (and men, I'm sure) simply cannot get along without a man by their sides at all times. The guy could have charmed her, who knoze?? And sometimes a 2 year old can seem like a handful and a "handicap" when trying to date. She may have "settled" for this guy -- and we have no idea what made them arrest him so quickly. Need more info, huh?

I've just spent about 45 min or more trying to find the mother's name with no luck at all. Were she and Demytre's father married?

I'm not on Facebook or My Space (trying to stay out of another "time-stealer" type of thing)... I'm sure someone has tried from those angles, right??

I'm all out of ideas for now. But I'll keep trying, as the rest of us will, I'm sure.

Bizarre, IMO.

I don't know why they are keeping her name out of the news either. She had to know something! Even if the child didn't speak yet, he surely would have shown fear of the guy. He wouldn't have wanted to stay with him. It doesn't make sense. I've never known them to not mention the name of the mother who had custody, took him to the hospital. There is something really strange going on here!

I think I got some misinformation. I looked it up and found his prison record, and now I can't find it.... I swear I saw his picture. Didn't post it because he is not involved in the death of his child. For the purpose of being truthful lets agree that it was my mistake and the father in not in prison.

I don't want to give out misinformation. According to a news article he is in Rochester, NY.

Yes, JC, I saw it, too, on the Mecklenburg County Jail site, under "Arrest" (not "Inmate") query. And it does have his picture. I didn't see anything about a conviction or jail time -- it was a misdemeanor marijuana charge.

Yes, JC, I saw it, too, on the Mecklenburg County Jail site, under "Arrest" (not "Inmate" query. And it does have his picture. I didn't see anything about a conviction or jail time -- it was a misdemeanor marijuana charge.

Thank you. I thought I was loosing my mind! I still wonder about the mother.

Just wanted to post a little information here, it seems some of the facts have been misconstrued. :) DJs father is not in Rochester, he is in Charlotte. He was a part of DJs life. The mother does fall into a protective category, and it is unlikely that you will find her name in any of the public documents regarding the case. She was not around either time DJ was injured. Protective services did get involved initially, but when the injuries sustained on August 24th were deemed to be "possibly consistent with a fall," DJ was released back to his mother. Those close to the family contend that no subsequent head injury was sustained. They believe that DJ's death resulted from some extension of the original injuries, and that DJ should not have been released from the hospital so soon. Most of those close to the family (not all, however) maintain the innocence of James Cleveland. DJ's mother was not at any time married to DJ's father or to Mr. Cleveland.

So, yes, protective services did get involved initially, and continued to investigate even after DJ was released to his mother. She did not believe--and still does not believe--that there was a reason not to trust Mr. Cleveland to watch her son. It is highly unlikely--though not impossible--that she will be arrested for any wrongdoing. No, she is not a minor, but there is a reason her name has been left out of the press. And no, this one isn't a case of an absent father. DJ's dad was present.

As much as I'd like to remain objective, at least until a verdict is read, I tend to agree with something I think Borndem said: "Rarely is a 2 yr old fine one minute & literally dead the next unless something awful happened in between -- sickness or injury."

We'll have to see how this plays out. I have a feeling I already know what the court of public opinion will say.

Rest in Peace Angel.

Just wanted to post a little information here, it seems some of the facts have been misconstrued. :) DJs father is not in Rochester, he is in Charlotte. He was a part of DJs life. The mother does fall into a protective category, and it is unlikely that you will find her name in any of the public documents regarding the case. She was not around either time DJ was injured. Protective services did get involved initially, but when the injuries sustained on August 24th were deemed to be "possibly consistent with a fall," DJ was released back to his mother. Those close to the family contend that no subsequent head injury was sustained. They believe that DJ's death resulted from some extension of the original injuries, and that DJ should not have been released from the hospital so soon. Most of those close to the family (not all, however) maintain the innocence of James Cleveland. DJ's mother was not at any time married to DJ's father or to Mr. Cleveland.

So, yes, protective services did get involved initially, and continued to investigate even after DJ was released to his mother. She did not believe--and still does not believe--that there was a reason not to trust Mr. Cleveland to watch her son. It is highly unlikely--though not impossible--that she will be arrested for any wrongdoing. No, she is not a minor, but there is a reason her name has been left out of the press. And no, this one isn't a case of an absent father. DJ's dad was present.

As much as I'd like to remain objective, at least until a verdict is read, I tend to agree with something I think Borndem said: "Rarely is a 2 yr old fine one minute & literally dead the next unless something awful happened in between -- sickness or injury."

We'll have to see how this plays out. I have a feeling I already know what the court of public opinion will say.

Rest in Peace Angel.

Thank you for coming to WS and giving further information. I am so sorry for your loss as I can tell you were very close with Demytre. He was a beautiful little boy.

Please continue posting and giving input into the case. We do seek the truth.

Mother charged in abuse death of son

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Charlotte mother is now facing charges after her son reportedly died from child abuse two weeks ago.

Ariacna Romero has been charged with felony accessory after the fact in the September 9th death of her son Demytre Rashaad Pendleton Jr.

Police say Romero’s boyfriend, James Cleveland, is the person responsible for the boy's death.

He’s been in jail for two weeks facing both murder and felony child abuse charges. Investigators say the couple lived a south Charlotte apartment where most of the abuse happened.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Mother-char-130409728.html

Demytre R. Pendleton Jr. | Visit Guest Book

Demytre R. Pendleton
Demytre R. Pendleton, Jr. "DJ", age 2 of Charlotte, NC died on Friday, September 9, 2011. He was born on January 20, 2009 to Ariacna Romero, mother and Demytre R. Pendleton, Sr., father.

Visitation is Friday, Sept. 16, 2011, 10:00 AM-12 Noon, Long & Son Mortuary Chapel, followed by a graveside service at Crown Memorial Park, Pineville, NC. Long & Son Mortuary Service is serving the Pendleton Family.

Published in Charlotte Observer on September 15, 2011

I wondered why they didn't release her name and why she seemed to be protected. I think it must have been until the funeral was over.

So very sad. He was such a precious little guy. Seemed so happy. How could anyone hurt that little angel?

Mother charged in abuse death of son

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Charlotte mother is now facing charges after her son reportedly died from child abuse two weeks ago.

Ariacna Romero has been charged with felony accessory after the fact in the September 9th death of her son Demytre Rashaad Pendleton Jr.

Police say Romero’s boyfriend, James Cleveland, is the person responsible for the boy's death.

He’s been in jail for two weeks facing both murder and felony child abuse charges. Investigators say the couple lived a south Charlotte apartment where most of the abuse happened.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Mother-char-130409728.html

Thanks, JeannieC, for the update on this child, yet another Little Angel who has gone up.... We need not forget about him.

I wonder if she is/was under a protective order from someone who was abusing or harassing or stalking her??? At least in jail, she'll be somewhat safe.

Such a purely beautiful little boy who will be safe and loved by all...
icon8.gif
icon7.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem