GUILTY NC - Douglas Edwards for kidnapping, rape of 6yo girl, Wilmington, 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes! About the only thing I got out of the press conference was she is alive and in hospital. LE can't comment on her condition, but said she was "doing well".
The only good news in this nightmare. Poor baby girl.

RSO.
Douglas Edwards, 46, of Wilmington is in custody. According to officials, he is a registered sex offender. Edwards, who was picked up in New Hanover County Thursday morning, has been charged with first-degree kidnapping.

A Douglas Edwards is listed in the North Carolina sex offender registry for a 1996 conviction of indecent liberties with a minor and first-degree sex offense involving a 6-year-old. The incidents reportedly happened in October 1994.
http://www.kxxv.com/story/33102179/m...ect-in-custody

Good! A RSO with molestation history. Ugh. I'm so thankful he didn't kill her. I wonder if he had intended to go back later.

This poor little girl! LE had to cut her free with a "battery-operated saw"
Earlier this morning, authorities were searching for the missing girl along River Road. A witness involved in the rescue said the girl was found chained to a tree in a wooded area.

The man said he was flagged down on River Road while driving to work. Authorities asked if he had any bolt cutters, but he didn't have any. The witness gave authorities a battery-operated saw and they went into the woods to cut the girl free.

The man said he walked back and saw L C lying on her back. He said she did not say a word and seemed very calm.
http://www.wect.com/story/33102179/missing-girl-found-alive-chained-to-tree-suspect-in-custody

Bless her heart ! I did not ever expect to hear this news. You're going to be ok sweetheart!

What kind of monster chains a child to a tree? Whats the weather like there?

I hope a nearby psychologist will see this case and offer pro bono counseling for this little girl and her family. I don't get too rattled about anything, but this one is tearing me up.

Will mods need to remove her name from this thread? :(

I've been praying that he chained her there and ran off, planning to return later. I hope the rain or the active search scared him away and he didn't have time to do what he planned. Probably a slim chance but I just hope so for that little girl's sake. A witness statement above said she appeared to be calm and quiet while LE worked to free her. It's the only glimmer of hope I see that maybe she was not physically harmed.

Yes, please. From mistree's link:

As well as the kidnapping charge, he’s also charged with two counts of Indecent Liberties with a Child.

So thankful she was found alive and best wishes for her healing journey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Crap😢
I knew it. There's only one reason these scum take babies.
Unbelievable.
Many prayers and healing vibes sent to this baby girl.

:loveyou:WELCOME HOME LITTLE ONE!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!! :loveyou:

Now. Just one example of eye witness accounts, doesn't mean they are lying, doesn't mean their minds or memory are off.....however the mind can make us see one thing when it's another. The white could have been one of those thin wraps some use to catch sweat, could have been a colored white jacket or shirt, who knows...but the perp has dark brown/black hair. Maybe he was wearing a wig, again I don't know. I do know I've had many state troopers and local cops tell me they never get the exact same story from all witnesses in any incident. Whether a car accident, house fire, etc., there's always differences in what the witnesses sees, and what they mind perceives. I think that's important to remember in all the cases here.

As for the perp....no more chances....be done with him! Total seclusion seems like a wonderful idea. Isolate from all human contact, and watch how quick they start suffering!!!

So if I read correctly, he served 16 yrs in prison for sexual assault of a 6 yr old and was released 4 yrs ago. If this is not proof about sex offender recidivism then I don't know what is. And he's 46 yrs old now. Can't imagine he will be in prison very long for this. So, basically another child will fall victim to him soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back