NC NC - Ebonee Spears, 30, Wilmington, 15 Jan 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I talked to a former classmate of hers weeks ago. He works at a gas station near my work and we got to talking about her because her face was on a newspaper he was reading. He went to High School with her. He said he doesn't understand why they use that one picture all the time because it is not a good representation of what she actually looks like and in person she looks completely different.

“The night before her disappearance, Spears's parents had met her in the parking lot of the police station. They'd wanted the police to commit her to the hospital for psychiatric treatment. Paramedics were called to the parking lot, but they left without taking Spears to the hospital.”

I had not seen this information before, maybe I had missed it.

In another article her mother mentioned she had several meetings scheduled that day.
Work meetings? Any response from coworkers? Did she go to any of the meetings? Was she acting strange at work that day?

When did her daughter go to her grandparents house?

Did Ebonee try to contact the doctor that prescribed the medication?

Had there been episodes like this previously?

Her family observed the anniversary of the date she was last seen with a drive-through event to keep her case top of mind.

Bundles of bright pink balloons were tied around her mother’s home. The yard was decorated with bold letters spelling out “BRING EBONEE SPEARS HOME.” Praise music played from a radio as people circled the block in their cars to support the cause.

The aim of the event was to bring comfort to Spears’ loved ones and keep her name in the headlines in hopes that someone will come forward with details about her case. Spears’ mother says whether its been five days or five years, her loss cuts deep.

“I just don’t want Ebonee to be a cold case sitting in a box. I want it to continue to be worked on,” said her mother, Harriet Rivers.

Many members of the family have grown up watching rallies like this each year in her honor. Terence Spears was just five years old when Ebonee, his aunt, disappeared.

“When she was here, she made my life happier. She did fun things with us. I used to spend the night with her and stuff, but now I can’t do it no more because she’s gone and stuff and it makes me sad,” said Spears’ 10-year-old nephew. “She was a good person and she would never walk away from us like that.”

Ebonee’s daughter, Aniya, had to navigate her teen years without her mother; She was just 13 years old when Spears first went missing.

“That’s the hardest thing is watching her daughter grow up and become a young woman and her mom is not here. This age is an important time…a girl needs her mom,” said Rivers. “I don’t think she would just take off and walk off and leave her daughter. No, she would not do that. It was her and Aniya, she loved Aniya.”

“Someone in this community knows something that can help his case, end this nightmare for the family, and I just beg you come forward. The time is now,” said Monica Caison, founder of the CUE center.

Until someone comes forward with more details, the family will work with WPD and CUE to continue to tell her story and mark each birthday and anniversary until she’s found.

“Keep praying, keep hoping, keep watching and keep listening. You just never know, one sentence might could be that sentence that detectives, that the police department needs for a lead,” added Rivers.

Anyone with any information in this case is asked to call WPD at (910) 763-3888 or 1-800-531-9845, or call the CUE center at (910) 232-1687. Callers can remain anonymous.
Five years after disappearance of Ebonee Spears, family prays for new leads | Fox Wilmington WSFX-TV

Ebonee-Spears-main-art2--51d94f.jpg

On January 15, 2016, Harriet Rivers got alarming news.

“We immediately started calling friends and wondering where she was,” Harriet told Dateline.

Harriet’s daughter, 30-year-old Ebonee Spears, was missing. However, all of Ebonee’s belongings were left behind in her Wilmington, North Carolina, home.

“Maybe one of her friends or somebody went to go pick her up,” Harriet said. “Where could she have been?”

Harriet told Dateline that months before her disappearance, Ebonee had been diagnosed with Lupus. “That kind of took a toll on her mental health. [She] was very depressed and just was sick and down,” she said. “We got to the point where we just didn’t — she wouldn’t drive because we were just afraid at times. She couldn’t do anything for herself. She was worried about not being able to take care of herself and take care of Aniya.”

Aniya is Ebonee’s daughter. She was 13 years old at the time and the two lived in an apartment in Wilmington.

This case was spotlighted on On Patrol Live on the Reelz channel this evening. Hopefully that will renew interest in the case again.

This case was spotlighted on On Patrol Live on the Reelz channel this evening. Hopefully that will renew interest in the case again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back