Presumed Located NC - Elizabeth 'Kate' Pittman, 27, Willow Springs, 31 May 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Elizabeth Kaitlin Pittman
Wake County, North Carolina
27 year old white female

Height: 64-76 inches
Weight: 115-145
Hair: Brown; Light Brown. Sometimes dyed dark brown or blonde.
Eyes: Blue

Distinctive features as described below:

Tattoos:
Back of Neck: Female Sagittarius (archer with bow and arrow)
Left Shoulder: Ganesh Elephant
Right Ankle: Birds on a wire with one flying in
Piercings: Both ears pierced at lobe.
Left ear cartilage pierced.

Last seen in the Fuquay-Varina/Willow Springs NC area. Also possibly in the Virginia Beach, VA area.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/42320/

Right... according to NAMUS listing, missing since May 2017, but only listed Feb 2018. Very odd....

Based on her Twitter handle and refs in comments on her FB, assuming her Maiden name is Elizabeth Kaitlin Barbour

I believe it is Willow Spring (Wake County), North Carolina ("Spring" singular -- without the "s" on the end).

First of all, alexwood, holy hell your avatar has me somehow both delighted and deeply disturbed. I want to avert my eyes, but I just can't look away! :)

In the five minutes I've been investigating a few people closest to Kaitlin, I've found a slew of dui, drug, and child abuse charges. Literally every single person I've looked at has CURRENT criminal charges.

(Kaitlin only appears to have a couple of traffic tickets, for the record.)

I'm mentioning this because I wonder if the lifestyles of those closest to her have prevented them from wanting to seek out police involvement? If you have a bunch of drugs in your house and already have charges against you, would you want the police to open an investigation that might start in your own home?

I think I would personally risk arrest to find a loved one, but I haven't had the same life experiences and might not be in the same mindset as someone who struggles with addiction or similar challenges.

I don't know...I'm trying to come up with anything, and I'm grasping at straws. :/

First of all, alexwood, holy hell your avatar has me somehow both delighted and deeply disturbed. I want to avert my eyes, but I just can't look away! :)

In the five minutes I've been investigating a few people closest to Kaitlin, I've found a slew of dui, drug, and child abuse charges. Literally every single person I've looked at has CURRENT criminal charges.

(Kaitlin only appears to have a couple of traffic tickets, for the record.)

I'm mentioning this because I wonder if the lifestyles of those closest to her have prevented them from wanting to seek out police involvement? If you have a bunch of drugs in your house and already have charges against you, would you want the police to open an investigation that might start in your own home?

I think I would personally risk arrest to find a loved one, but I haven't had the same life experiences and might not be in the same mindset as someone who struggles with addiction or similar challenges.

I don't know...I'm trying to come up with anything, and I'm grasping at straws. :/

I think you have hit the nail on the head, Truman.

I believe it is Willow Spring (Wake County), North Carolina ("Spring" singular -- without the "s" on the end).

Hmmm...

Wikipedia seems to have it as both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_Springs,_North_Carolina

Google Maps has it as Plural: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Fuq...67fb1e1b703!2m2!1d-78.528062!2d35.5523807!3e0

Mapquest is showing it as singular: https://www.mapquest.com/us/nc/willow-spring-283599629

FWIW the NaMus page used plural. I think it's not too big of a deal since the maps seem to indicate the same area. Perhaps people in that area use both?

I think the fact that she has a child would be enough cause for any halfway decent person to come forward about her whereabouts. People with addiction issues are obviously going to have impared judgement and quite possibly paranoid tendencies depending on what substances they are using. The sad part of this is that underneath all of that is a person who is struggling with who they really are and self esteem issues that are not allowing them to acknowledge what their life is really worth. This could be anyone's loved one, daughter, mother, etc. Maybe instead of correcting people's Grammer or punctuation it would be more worth our time to acknowledge that there are people out there who care and are looking into this matter. I totally agree that there is something here that isn't quite right. But I also feel it's a little cold and rude to exclude any empathy based on the fact that she struggles with addiction issues. If she was found and possibly shown that there are people out there who love and care for her it could very well be the beginning of her seeking help for her issues which in turn could allow her child to grow up with two loving parents present in his life...which is something that should be considered priceless. In this world too many kids don't have that and it can have an everlasting negative impact on their lives right up into adulthood. I hope everyone is praying for her and her child.

I think the fact that she has a child would be enough cause for any halfway decent person to come forward about her whereabouts. People with addiction issues are obviously going to have impared judgement and quite possibly paranoid tendencies depending on what substances they are using. The sad part of this is that underneath all of that is a person who is struggling with who they really are and self esteem issues that are not allowing them to acknowledge what their life is really worth. This could be anyone's loved one, daughter, mother, etc. Maybe instead of correcting people's Grammer or punctuation it would be more worth our time to acknowledge that there are people out there who care and are looking into this matter. I totally agree that there is something here that isn't quite right. But I also feel it's a little cold and rude to exclude any empathy based on the fact that she struggles with addiction issues. If she was found and possibly shown that there are people out there who love and care for her it could very well be the beginning of her seeking help for her issues which in turn could allow her child to grow up with two loving parents present in his life...which is something that should be considered priceless. In this world too many kids don't have that and it can have an everlasting negative impact on their lives right up into adulthood. I hope everyone is praying for her and her child.

The concern regarding her town's correct spelling wasn't to be the grammar police, but because when researching on various databases, it's important to have the correct spelling in order to not miss any results.

I have no idea whether Kaitlin struggles with addiction or not. It wouldn't matter to me regardless, as it doesn't change her value as a human being. Many people she's close to do appear to have legal troubles, and I was hypothesizing that avoiding police involvement might be the reason her friends don't seem to be searching for her. I was simply trying to make sense out of something that seems nonsensical to me.

Edited to add: The people on this site are truly some of the least judgmental souls I've ever come across. There are no disposable people, no matter what their race, age, or background might be, and the people here demonstrate their belief in that idea all day every day.

Welcome to Websleuths Derektyler123. It sounds like you might know Kate? I know it's hard to tell tone of voice in posts on the internet but you have found a community that truly cares about finding missing persons regardless of the circumstances. We "sleuth" to try to figure out the reasons people could be missing-- not to judge them for it. Because knowing why they might be missing could help figure out where to look for them. If Kate has struggled with addiction (just for example), maybe she checked herself into a rehab clinic. Or maybe she is in a hospital but has been unable to tell her name to the staff. I hope her loved ones are checking all hospitals and clinics in the area she was last know to be. Speaking of that area where she was last seen-- it's important to know if the name of the place listed is right or not. In this case it seems like the same area has two spellings but there are many other small towns in the US where a difference of a letter means a completely different town. We are not being grammar police or snarky with our comments on the place name. I do hope Kate is found safe and pray her child has mommy back in her life soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back