NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 13, Rowan County, 19 Nov 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought that people adopted special needs children for unselfish reasons but if it's possible to make a profit by doing this then that is yet another way for evil people to exploit children - ugh.

I'm getting ready to make my will and I have no children but two pet birds that probably won't outlive me but it's possible that they could. I plan to see if I can put instructions in the will to find a good home for the birds first then after they are in the new adopted home the person finds out there is an account with some money in it to help pay for vet expenses. I don't want them to know about the money beforehand, I want them to want the birds for themselves. It won't be a huge amount of money but it would be enough to tempt some people to do the wrong thing. Vet bills are not cheap and so far they have not needed anything except checkups but I want them to be able to get vet care if they need it and they would need it more when they are older. I've thought about seeing if I can create an account at the vet just for that purpose. Am I nuts or does my thinking make sense?

Vulture,
Your thinking makes perfect sense to me. My hubby & I don't have kids either, but have small dogs that are essentially our "kids." They shouldn't outlive us either, but if something were to happen to us both, we've made plans for the dogs. I'd never thought of setting up an account for vet expenses. That seems like a very good idea to me!
It's obvious to me you're a caring pet parent. I wish someone would have cared about Erica as much as we care about our fur babies (and feathered babies, too).

Deleting this content. I figured out how to edit my post.

Click on the arrow just above to go to my post with the correct URL for the video with BIO mom Carolyn Parsons speaking to the media at the vigil about 8/23/2013.

Where exactly has the quote of "the biological/paternal grandmother has been dead for 5 years" been coming from?? Its been well known from ACR from the 1st thread for a while now that the real grandmother died in July 2005, 8 years ago. Who came up with this 5 year term and who died in 2008 to give them that idea??

I can only think that if Carolyn hasn't been in contact with Billy or his family for a very long time that she basically lost track of time thinking it was 5 years ago. Or perhaps had a memory scramble between knowing it was a while back but couldn't remember exactly if it was 2005, or 5 years ago. At least she got the "5" right. LOL

If they received a tax credit, would that mean that when they filed their taxes for that year, and she was not living in their home, or worse as many of us suspect, she's not alive, then that would mean they falsified their tax returns, and they need to also be concerned about the IRS as well as the state? Just thinking out loud.

Yes, I actually didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. Assuming they have been declaring her their "dependent" she certainly does not meet the "needs test" of a dependent (how much percentage of her care they are paying for and how long she lives with them). Also assuming that their income is within the range they probably would have qualified for $1000 child tax credit every year so depending on their tax brack claiming Erica probably has them paying between 1250 to 1950 less on their federal taxes I'm just giving a really broad estimate a lot of things factor in but on a personal level I don't think they didn't say was missing because of the money, I think the worse and then didn't say she was missing because they know exactly where she is and what happened to her. But yes if someone is declaring a child as a dependent while never spending a penny on her, that's another crime someone could be charged with
http://budgeting.thenest.com/much-claiming-dependent-filing-tax-returns-24094.html

I think Carolyn Parsons has a disability of some sort. After seeing and hearing from her, I am convinced that she did not intentionally have anything to do with her disappearance, but I am not ruling out the possibility of Billy Goodman or James Parsons being culpable. These two seem to have the rockiest track records out of those who were said to have last seen Erica. I know SP has some assaults, but they were over a decade ago and he managed to hold down a job, have a home, etc.

It is becoming clear that none of these people are rocket scientists. I am not convinced of the Parsons' guilt, although it clear that they were negligent with caring for Erica. I still do not trust the statements by other family members, as these people do not get along well and say vicious things about each other based on hearsay and with no direct knowledge. Perhaps LE has stopped trusting statements by the family as well. Local LE dropped off some paperwork yesterday at the Parsons house. Note that only the FBI and not local LE has interviewed the Parsons since they retained an attorney.

According to their attorney, they remain open to interviews with LE as long as he is present, but only the FBI has asked. I will be very interested if local LE asks and interviews the Parsons. I would take that to mean the focus would be on someone other that Casey and Sandy.

Because it will take LE some time to sort through true, verified facts from false allegations made by family members out of spite or anger, I remain hopeful that Erica may be found.

Who wants to bet there's no record of EP being admitted to the hospital mentioned and that if LE checks the bank account CP talks about, that it's completely empty?

Furthermore, CP claims they kept receiving the payments to keep her insurance active "in case she comes back" but then LE finds and states in their probable cause affidavit that they've gotten rid of all of her stuff and suspect CP/SP never expected EP to return :(

Personally I don't think Erica was ever admitted to the ER. Casey's comment that they had to "search" for the hospital just makes my head spin. In my opinion, all that was because she had to explain to the media during her interview as to why Erica didn't have her medicaid card.

Why would they even be searching for a hospital? What, good ole responsible "Nan" forget to give them the name? And then they claim they called but the hospital wouldn't give them any information?? Really, if your child was in a hospital, even four hours away, wouldn't you be gassing up the old van and heading to the hospital to see how your child was doing?

Geeze, they could have taken the whole family to see Erica, stay overnight, or heck, visit the Biltmore as a field trip for part of their homeschooling experience!!

AND, if that was Erica's only insurance, why didn't Casey make a copy of the Medicaid card for Erica to carry with her in that purse she took along?

Geeze, remember Zanny's trip to the hospital as the excuse why Casey Anthony had to stay in Tampa? I'm telling ya folks, we're heading down the same rabbit hole !! :banghead:

Great list, Peeralot. I've taken the liberty of copying the post in its entirety to the media thread.

NC NC - Erica Lynn Parsons, 15 -- Timeline and Media Thread **NO DISCUSSION** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

BTW, the media thread is open to members for posting. I entered the first ones to get it up to date, and I'll continue to maintain it, but everyone is welcome to contribute. Beside links and snips of news articles, compilations, transcripts, and any work pertaining to the media coverage of the case can be posted in the media thread. Just remember, no comments, please.

Thank you Bessie.

I know that "askfornina" transcripts on each of the 6 part interview on 08/09/13 are lost somewhere in the previous threads, perhaps they should be preserved on your media forum section also.

ACR

Originally Posted by vulture
I always thought that people adopted special needs children for unselfish reasons but if it's possible to make a profit by doing this then that is yet another way for evil people to exploit children - ugh.

I'm getting ready to make my will and I have no children but two pet birds that probably won't outlive me but it's possible that they could. I plan to see if I can put instructions in the will to find a good home for the birds first then after they are in the new adopted home the person finds out there is an account with some money in it to help pay for vet expenses. I don't want them to know about the money beforehand, I want them to want the birds for themselves. It won't be a huge amount of money but it would be enough to tempt some people to do the wrong thing. Vet bills are not cheap and so far they have not needed anything except checkups but I want them to be able to get vet care if they need it and they would need it more when they are older. I've thought about seeing if I can create an account at the vet just for that purpose. Am I nuts or does my thinking make sense?

Vulture,
Your thinking makes perfect sense to me. My hubby & I don't have kids either, but have small dogs that are essentially our "kids." They shouldn't outlive us either, but if something were to happen to us both, we've made plans for the dogs. I'd never thought of setting up an account for vet expenses. That seems like a very good idea to me!
It's obvious to me you're a caring pet parent. I wish someone would have cared about Erica as much as we care about our fur babies (and feathered babies, too).

Like you, ktgirl, I've never thought about setting up a designated pet fund at the vet's office, but I'll bet it has been done many times -- it makes a lot of sense. All expenses against the account would be documented, the appointed pet owners would not be beset by any expenses of such kind, and it should make them extra-responsive to any problems the pets have.

Unused money could be donated to SPCA or the local animal shelter, or simply allow the vet to buy food or other supplies for pets who did not have such good fortune, but come or are taken to his/her office anyway.

Great idea! Go for it, both of you!

Yes, I actually didn't even think about that until you mentioned it. Assuming they have been declaring her their "dependent" she certainly does not meet the "needs test" of a dependent (how much percentage of her care they are paying for and how long she lives with them). Also assuming that their income is within the range they probably would have qualified for $1000 child tax credit every year so depending on their tax brack claiming Erica probably has them paying between 1250 to 1950 less on their federal taxes I'm just giving a really broad estimate a lot of things factor in but on a personal level I don't think they didn't say was missing because of the money, I think the worse and then didn't say she was missing because they know exactly where she is and what happened to her. But yes if someone is declaring a child as a dependent while never spending a penny on her, that's another crime someone could be charged with
http://budgeting.thenest.com/much-claiming-dependent-filing-tax-returns-24094.html

Good, good points, quietgirl. Oh, yes, I remember when our only-child son aged-out of being our dependent, and it really made a difference in our income tax return -- but parents who actually do the right things for their children -- food, clothing, school & sports & entertainment expenses, college costs, or even keeping them in shoes! -- even if not extravagant in the least costs quite a bit. It's just part of getting along in the world, but usually the real expenses outweigh a little or a lot more that the deduction gives...but it is still a big help.

But I have always heard that deductions like this are indeed looked at on a random basis by the IRS -- your return is put in a special-deduction pool, and returns in that pool are examined. Much like folks who are self-employed, but the "self-employeds" are in much smaller pools and are more likely to get examined.

And if (potential) violations are suspected, the IRS will usually notify you and or come visit. And they do not like offenders, and they could charge violators with fraud which is very bad indeed. I have seen this one time with some folks in my home town some years ago. Penalties can be big & bad...

The neighbors never knew about erica! I dont think she lived in that house with them! Thats my own opinion! They lived at 2xx trexlar loop before. moo

I think the brother who reported her missing knows exactly when she disappeared. They kept Erica isolated so she couldn't expose their abuse.

I think the brother who reported her missing knows exactly when she disappeared. They kept Erica isolated so she couldn't expose their abuse.

I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the various reports (911 calls, etc.) where they claimed the brother was acting out that he may have been frustrated and agitated himself with not getting answers from his parents on what happened to Erica.

If the son Jamie truly believed that Sandy and Casey killed Erica and buried her in the back yard, then, he himself, could have been living in fear, paranoia, and suspicion of his own parents. And especially as time went on when Erica's bedroom was no longer her bedroom.

Because even "IF" Erica went off to live with biological relatives doesn't mean that she and/or her other siblings (whether they were related or not) that she grew up with should have been isolated from each other. And Jamie was 18 at the time Erica disappeared so he may have been pressing his parents for a phone number and address to visit her. And that constant, "we don't have a phone number or address where Erica is" probably did nothing more than build his own suspicions that Erica was probably dead.

I'm halfway thru the Dr Phil videos & want to say if anything that mother says is true, I'll eat my hat. I would just as soon believe Casey Anthony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat